Possible problem with my AES

matrimelee99

NEST Puppet
I just received King of Fighters '02 in the mail. I put the cart in, turned on the power, and got a very "blocky/garbled" boot up screen. I hit reset and the problem didn't go away. I took the cart out, put it back in, and everything was ok. I'm concerned because this also happened when I put in Matrimelee for the 1st time. I just got my AES a week ago (from the neostore), and these are the only 2 games I own, so I can't really test other games. Is there something wrong with my Neo? Any info is appreciated. AES serial #12,698

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
I had that problem with mine after using my phantom 1. I hand to gently push back the cart slot pins back towards the center of the slot BUT NOT MUCH!

matrimelee99

NEST Puppet
So my system just needs a good cleaning? Whew! I was expecting to hear something much worse. Thanks for the info.

matrimelee99

NEST Puppet
I assume you're talking about the system iteself? I bought the system used, so I don't have the box. As far as the games go I make sure to put whatever game I'm not playing back in the case. However, if I'm going to be playing a game for a while I leave it in the system.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
New games have a thin layer of manufacturing leftovers which prevents a good communication between the system and the carts. After few insertions this layer is gone and the game runs perfectly... it s a verry common problem don t worry :)