Micomsoft XAV-2s RGB Encoder

You might remember Micomsoft from such amazing products as the XRGB-2 and 2+, and the XSelect-D4. For anyone seeking to make or enhance a home-made SuperGun or similar I suggest the Micomsoft XAV-2s unit. It has more features than the Jrok unit and sells for a similar price including two RGB inputs (15-pin and 21-pin) and has several options for sync timing adjusts. It's far more reliable and capable than any other encoder on the market, and copes with every single signal I've ever fed it - which the jrok doesn't do. You can feed an unamplified PC Engine RGB signal into this box and get phenomenal output with no effort, where my jrok gives only a green screen.

Individual RGB adjusts tucked away where you won't bump 'em once it's set, S-video output, composite output, stereo RCA outputs (you can feed audio through either port), a series of DIPs for timing setup (which I rarely use), H-Sync adjust, manual clock adjust. Comes with a 9v wall wart adaptor.

Basically the quality is aces, and if you want to check it out I just happen to be selling one.

Lawrence.

s2112d

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
I agree 100%, I picked one up from yahoo japan and I have been using it on my neo geo home cart system and the s-video quality is unbelievable.

I am now officially sold out, thanks very much for your purchase.

I wonder if there's demand for shiny new ones at 50% more... Used ones are scarce, I'd been hoarding the three I had for years.