How do I open my control pannel in my Red Cab?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
My player 1 side joystick is getting stuck sometimes and won't go to the left. Can the joystick be fixed, or do I need a new one? How do I get to the inside of the control pannel on my cabinet? Its a Red 4 slot cab.
Thanks.

Last edited:

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
No idea how to get in it, but I can offer some help.

Is it actually "stuck" like you can't move it to that side at all, while using as much force possible? That would seem to me to be an obstruction... Is there anything under that control panel that could be blocking it?
Or do you mean it's stuck and won't trigger the system to move your character to the left side of the screen? If it's this, it could be something as simple as a loose connection. It could also be the acutal mechanical failure of that microswitch in the joystick.

Either way, it may be more cost effective to replace it. A new one from Happ Controls will cost you less than $15 US, and will enhance your gaming experience overall.

Hope that helps.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
yeah, the character won't go left when I push left. I've looked at happs website before, I may need to buy a new joystick. If anyone knows how to get inside the control pannel of a red cab, please help me!

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
I wish I remembered where I saw it, but there is a latch you can trip if you put your arm in through the coin door.

I would rename this thread to "How do I open my control panel?" to attract the corect answer.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
thanks, I'll feel around for it.

daarkestdeeds

Crazed MVS Addict
If this is like the electroicoin setup (and i think most cabs are basically the same in design) then open the bottom coin panel and look up and shine a torch, there was 2 latches that i unclipped and the CP opened up like a treasure chest. All was easy after that.
And btw, you might just have a stuck microswitch, might be cheaper just to replace that if you dont wanna replace the whole lot

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
daarkestdeeds said:
If this is like the electroicoin setup (and i think most cabs are basically the same in design) then open the bottom coin panel and look up and shine a torch, there was 2 latches that i unclipped and the CP opened up like a treasure chest. All was easy after that.
And btw, you might just have a stuck microswitch, might be cheaper just to replace that if you dont wanna replace the whole lot

Just to clarify...

I agree with daarkestdeeds' post, it would be cheaper. It depends what your time:money ratio is, know what I mean?
If you have more time than money, get a new cherry microswitch.
If you have more money than time, get a new Ultimate or Super joystick from Happ.

Good luck with it.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I found the latches, thanks. My left and right joystick both appear to be working correctly, it must be a problem with the micro switch. Thanks.

daarkestdeeds

Crazed MVS Addict
get a new Ultimate or Super joystick from Happ

IMO thats right, im very uminpressed with the ultimates, travel of the stick is too far for my liking, it feels very "sloppy"!

When i order my supers my Ultimates will be hitting ebay, im not complaning cos i got 2 sticks and all new buttons for $32 so it was a worthwhile exercise

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
You guys that live in england, Get Sanwa sticks! FOOLS!

Ultimarc.com is UK based and I would be much more willing to get these sticks than poor American style sticks. Sanwas are his J-Sticks.

Also BOTH supers and ultimates are crap in my opinion. Either get Wico sticks or Happs Competitions. Most arcades now have Perfect 360 stick, but I hate them.

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
Actually, I am American. However...

I still use the ultimate. I don't know why, but I like it. It's almost like a "lazy stick". It's just easier when you're unmotivated. You should see how bad I get my ass whipped on Garou's level 4 when I use the joypad.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I have two new happ competition sticks for sale for $22 shipped :) Just wanted to give you that option as well... save you some coin on the new sticks if you are going that route, and help me clear out the closet at the same time.

-Nick

Yeti 0f Doom

Rugal's Thug
In my opinion, no one, I mean NO ONE, should have to suffer with the pure crappyness of the Ultimate's. Do not even think of getting that junk. Expeccialy if you are planning on playing fighting games, or any games with diagonal inputs. The ultimate have alot of problems even managing to hit it.

Besides that, the stick just feels very sloppy.

I recommand spending the extra dough, and getting the super or competition, or if you like the ball tops, get the sanwa's.