Joypad button modification - PICS ADDED

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
Well, it works. I have successfully added a button to my NGCD joypad. I have it set up for P1 Coin right now, but that can be changed. If the joypad had all 15 wires running to the connector, I would have 3 extra buttons right now.. lol. Next is a pause button with associated circuitry, then there's the reset button and I should be good to go for a little while.

Here's the link.

Last edited:

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
10.jpg

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Nice backyard engineering there.

I love to tinker with controllers.

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
yeah.. I see people all the time that have a button here and there, but it's always on the console(ized) system. You should see the shit I have planned for those credit LEDs.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
ShuckNasty said:
yeah.. I see people all the time that have a button here and there, but it's always on the console(ized) system. You should see the shit I have planned for those credit LEDs.

I'd like to see one put into a controller. Yes, I know its quite worthless since there's a credit display on screen but it would be cool.

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
You know... I didn't think of that, but it's totally possible. Well, not with that board and display. Only trouble is those lines coming from the board. If you made a really special cord, you could do it though.

Shit, I'm gonna be thinking too much to sleep now.

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
I don't know if he'll read this, but...

ttooddddyy: Can you forsee this happening? I could use the button I installed as a "shift" key, if you know what I mean, and use it to accept presses of the normal buttons and use them as alternate functions? If so, could I use a flip-flop to determine the power status and credit value for the nixie tubes (secret) I want to use (180-200V)? I hope that makes sense, because that's the best way my moron brain can decipher it.