SvC being ported to XBox!!

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

- SNK Playmore announced they will release a Xbox port of the
arcade fighting game SNK Vs Capcom: SVC Chaos later this year.

Doesn't say anything about Live! support, but I'd think that'd almost be a given. Here's hoping it's released in the US with Live support!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

- SNK Playmore announced they will release a Xbox port of the
arcade fighting game SNK Vs Capcom: SVC Chaos later this year.

Doesn't say anything about Live! support, but I'd think that'd almost be a given. Here's hoping it's released in the US with Live support!

Awesome. If it has live, chalk it up to another game where Wes gets to manhandle you (ohh) :buttrock:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member

If this is a decent port, and it does indeed support Xbox live, I might actually consider purchasing an Xbox.

For the time being, I'll gladly settle on my AES and friendly local competition.

JHendrix

Re: Re: SvC being ported to XBox!!

SonGohan said:
Awesome. If it has live, chalk it up to another game where Wes gets to manhandle you (ohh) :buttrock:

Oh that's it...

The pain train is coming! And it's coming for you!!!!!

JHendrix

Average Joe said:
meh... kaillera

Kaillera has lag issues, and you're limited to just your computer.

I can sit on my couch, on the bigscreen, with voice chat.

Of course it's assuming that it'll have Live support at all though, we can only hope. ;)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Re: Re: Re: SvC being ported to XBox!!

JHendrix said:
Oh that's it...

The pain train is coming! And it's coming for you!!!!!

Time for the badass express to give the pain train a detour into scrubville where the weekly lessons will be held.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Yah, I've heard that this rumor is in the new famitsu as well; along with Guilty Gear XX # Reload. Or so I've heard.

I'm sure a majority of Xbox owners here already have SvC on their system (just plain dirty), but I'll gladly make the purchase if this rumor is true.

I'm honestly more excited about the GGXX Reload rumor. I'd like to give GGXX Reload some quality time, just so I can give my friend Verbatum a thorough butt whoopin'!

:D

Last edited:
JHendrix said:

Of course it's assuming that it'll have Live support at all though, we can only hope. ;)

I read somewhere that Microsoft were REQUIREING all new games to have some Live functionality even if it is just web based score boards.

I reckon it will turn up with Live! support weather it tuns up in the Uk is another matter!

:buttrock:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:

I love my PC gaming setup.

Joystick + USB PS2 Adapter = perfection.

Lag issues? Sure, there's plenty. But you just have to find the right person(s) to play with and it's not a problem at all. And from what I've heard from CVS2 Live players, it isn't exactly lag-free itself.

I've been playing SvC online since it came out, so this isn't really anything exciting (assuming it supports Live at all), if they're going to increase the Live fighting library, I'd at least like it to be for games I don't have access to already... you know... so I'd actually have a reason to play my X-Box.

JHendrix

Re: Re: Re: Re: SvC being ported to XBox!!

SonGohan said:
Time for the badass express to give the pain train a detour into scrubville where the weekly lessons will be held.

I'm going to beat you with Hugo and take my $5.

Damn it, if I didn't have other buisness to attend to on Friday afternoon I could actually get online to play again. :(

Joe, I understand. Check the link though, GGX2#R is coming out on teh Bawkz and has Live support. Between that, CvS2 (when they fix the connection issue, bastards), DOA1/2/3, and possibly SvC it looks like online fighters have finnally started to get going. :)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
And from what I've heard from CVS2 Live players, it isn't exactly lag-free itself.

It isn't lag-free. Nothing really is unless you're on a direct connection. However, the game was programmed for the specific hardware and for use on live (if it is XBL enabled). Everybody is playing the same Xbox, same game, they're all using broadband, everything.

With Kaillera, you have to worry about your CPU performance, whether or not the server you're able to connect to gives you a good ping, etc. While it is possible to have a playable game on Kaillera, your chances are much higher on XBL. I've played hundreds of maches with CvS2 and I can count the amount of matches I experienced lag with on one hand.

BTW, JHendrix - You'll never beat me with Hugo.

never.

JHendrix

SonGohan said:
It isn't lag-free. Nothing really is unless you're on a direct connection. However, the game was programmed for the specific hardware and for use on live (if it is XBL enabled). Everybody is playing the same Xbox, same game, they're all using broadband, everything.

With Kaillera, you have to worry about your CPU performance, whether or not the server you're able to connect to gives you a good ping, etc. While it is possible to have a playable game on Kaillera, your chances are much higher on XBL. I've played hundreds of maches with CvS2 and I can count the amount of matches I experienced lag with on one hand.

BTW, JHendrix - You'll never beat me with Hugo.

never.

Yeah, there is a problem with CvS2 and connections right now, but when you finnally can get in a match, it's really very good. It's a direct connection between the two players and generally (for me anyway) is lag free.

Three words for the Hugo hatahz: Ein! Zein! DREI!!!!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Dude, that rox - I'll be getting both SVCC and GGX2R when they come out. The only thing is, what about a good arcade stick for the box?

What arcade stick would you guys recommend?

JHendrix

Pelican universal Arcade

$50 at GameStop, CAN NOT BE BEAT!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
SonGohan said:
Get the pro.stick at www.massystems.com. Don't buy from their site, wait until they have one on ebay and get it for around $30 cheaper.

Yeah that looks like a pretty sweet stick. I was hoping to grab something a little cheaper - but I guess I could use that one with GC/PC as well. Thanks for the advice.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'll buy it, but I'll be PISSED if it doesn't run correctly. I already have SVC and SVC Plus running on my Xbox now. It would kinda suck for me to have to deal with bad frame rates and putting in boss codes on the Xbox version when I've PAID for it. It runs perfect now. I'd like to see extra characters, don't care about live support. I do play a good deal of system link games, but never toy with live.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Well, it's not the best game, but the more fighting games on live, the better.

Now if we see SS5 on live, omfg secks will fall out.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
If this doesnt have LIVE support then SNKP is just stupid. That is the only reason I would want an Xbox port of it. I dont even like the game that much but with online competition it would make it worth the purchase.

:D

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Wow, if Live enabled SNKP games start coming out I'll be pretty fucking hard. I feel a stirring already. Now all they need to do is put out an anniversary pack with a few of the older games with live play and I'll go nuts and kill a bunch of people. Or just buy the game and play it a lot.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Sounds awesome if a few things happen.

Live support

It has blood

I was about to purchase SvC for my JPN PS2 but maybe I'll wait. Especially since it's on 0.25 a play now at my arcade.