Metal SLug 5 *JPN* insert cover

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
m77yuuki-img280x400-10746485691900202.jpg

insert-mid.jpg

LOL, the US version just seems the JPN version with those US logos patched ramdomly here and there.

JPN is quite nice, but US looks really FAKE to the end.

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
Jap version looks nice on the front without all those logos like the English version, but I want to see how the spine and the back looks .

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
Wow, that jp cover just screams for attention.

I like it. But it would be the only bright red insert in my collection.

Kudos for doing something different.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
It looks very nice. especially when compared to it's english counterpart (which looks like a shock box insert).
The art work on the front is not as coverd up. lets just hope that the spine actually contains the jap text. SNK really screwed jap buyers over with that jap SVC insert.

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
It was time for a new design...:smirk:

But i think its OK, nothing special...:rolleyes:

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
ADV films?:spock: j/k

i think it's cool. very anime action adventurish looking. the US looks cluttered.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
lets just hope that the spine actually contains the jap text. SNK really screwed jap buyers over with that jap SVC insert.

1000% agreed.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Great art, and overall better than the American one, as usual.

Super Porky

Camel Slug
I REALLY love that red insert. It'll stand out nicely among all my gray and black AES inserts.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
lame...

stupid insert threads.

Whats lame is spending $350+ on a game only to find out that tha artwork looks like it was done by a 10 year old.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
ORPHEUS said:
Whats lame is spending $350+ on a game only to find out that tha artwork looks like it was done by a 10 year old.

agreed. add to that the fact that the insert show things that do not appear in the game :D

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
It looks very nice. especially when compared to it's english counterpart (which looks like a shock box insert).
The art work on the front is not as coverd up. lets just hope that the spine actually contains the jap text. SNK really screwed jap buyers over with that jap SVC insert.
SHOCK BOX Insert???

No. Even us Shock Box image assemblers have respect for the traditional design.. BTW,I will be dropping you a PM regarding that stuff.
-BB

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I don't like the Idea of the Jap games getting labelled with the logo "SNK-Playmore" and the US/Euro "SNK-Neo•Geo" .

The US insert looks awful just because of the rightback Neo Geo stripes logo. I never saw the stripes logo with a "SNK-Neo•Geo" logo above it.

Might possibly be a fake one.

Why there's only the cover of the jap insert and the full us one ?

The oubvious! US inserts are easier to do.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
SHOCK BOX Insert???

No. Even us Shock Box image assemblers have respect for the traditional design.. BTW,I will be dropping you a PM regarding that stuff.
-BB

Oops, didn't mean it like that (I have seen some great SB inserts)
what i meant was that the english slug 5 insert looks too "photoshoped".
Thanks for the heads up BTW. I will PM you right back when I recieve yours. Thanks.