supergun best picture ??

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
hi im thinking of getting a 37inch monitor and a supergun and i was wonder what the best connection would be so i get the best possible picture from my supergun and consoles all my console are set up on RGB euro connectors at the mo..

heres the specs of the monitor

Mitsubishi Mega View 37” SXGA Multi-Sync Monitor
Resolution up to 1280H x 1024V / 75Hz non-interlaced
Accepts input signal 15kHz-85kHz horizontal and 40Hz-120Hz vertical

RGB 1 input is BNC x 5 looping and will accept H/V sync, composite sync or sync on green, RGB 2 is 15-pin sub D

Video capability is NTSC, M-NTSC, PAL, SECAM and RGB analog

Video input 1 is Composite BNC or RCA and switchable to 4 pin S-Video

Video input 2 is Composite BNC or RCA

RCA x 2 audio in/out for Video 1, 2 and RGB

Internal speakers switch and external speaker output terminals

35" viewable image

Supplied with 15-pin HD to BNC x 5 adapter cable, infrared remote control and elevator shipping case that converts to a black skirted presentation stand

Dimensions (WxHxD) 34 x 29.25 x 22.65"

any help would be great
cheers
Trev
:help:

Last edited:

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
If it accepts it, definitely do the Analog RGB connection via the BNC connectors. This will give you the video possible coming from the MVS and all other JAMMA devices.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
RGB 1 input is BNC x 5 looping and will accept H/V sync, composite sync or sync on green

ok so i take this is the connection,so would i need to buy a supergun with BNC leads coming off of it or just a convertor or something

RVF400

Host for Orochi
37' jesus christ!, and its a monitor?, fuck me where did you get that from!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
The specs of that monster are un-fucking-believable, and only for 350$? I want one too! No wait, I have no room for it...

Anyway, what exactly is this "BNC" connector? How come it doesn't have scart?

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
BNC is somewhat similar to RCA connectors.

It is used on high end PC monitors and some audio equipment I believe.

SCART is not used because it's not a TV, it's just a video monitor. I would prefer BNC over SCART myself.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
You could make a supergun that has a DBHD15 (=VGA) connector as video out and then get a cable like this:

GB172.jpg

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
So would be possible to construct and adaptor from a scart that outputs RGB (supergun or video recorder or PAL console), to this BNC?

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
So would be possible to construct and adaptor from a scart that outputs RGB (supergun or video recorder or PAL console), to this BNC?

You can buy one of these but im not sure what the quality is like i was hoping someone was gonna mention it
(anyone know what these are like)

CSR-2200fr.jpg

CSR-2200bk.jpg

Last edited:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
That's a converter...

I think Amano meant a cable with a female scart on one end and the BNC connectors on the other end, so you could hook any scart supergun up to your monitor through the BNCs. In which case one could simply get a cable like the one I posted, cut off the VGA plug and replace it with a female scart...

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yes, I was referring to what MKL said, just have a cable that directly hooks the correct R,G,B and the other 2 (ground and sync?) pins of the scart to the 5 leads of this BNC thingy. Does anybody know if this would be possible?

I don't really know what does that converter you posted do, but it needs to be powered, so I dunno is a straight connection.

Having a monitor like this, compatible at the same time with low frequencies (15 khz) through RGB, and hi frequencies like VGA would just rock, you could have your PC, all consoles that output RGB, your supergun, a DVD player and a VHS video (and the TV through it) with RGB, all connected to the same place with maximum quality. :drool_2:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Trevor spencer said:

But that has a male scart connector. You'd have to replace it with a female connector, like this one:

http://www.epm.it/images/3819.jpg

this way you could plug the supergun scart cable (which is male) into this female scart-to-BNC cable.

Anyway, are you sure the Mitsubishi Megaviews are available in Europe? I gathered info on them time ago and they weren't available over here...

As an alternative you might want to consider a Hantarex. They make a series of video monitors that have a scart socket:

http://www.hantarex.co.uk/vdo.htm

They're low res only though and the biggest one is "only" 34" (and I don't think they're cheap)

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
the monitor would have to come from the US so the shipping would be hugh (i hate living in the UK)

i take it that would work then the female scart with BNC plugs and no convertor would be needed i found this cable listed at keene electronics

scart plug - 5 BNC plugs

scart - RGB + H sync & V sync

i take it that would do the job if you had a scart coupler
( female both ends )

ive got to find me one of those monitors :drool_2:

BTW mkl how much where those monitors you looked into cause theres no price on them

(i thought you lived in the US)

amano i take it you really want one of those monitors too,all i really want it for is TATE pcb gaming but heh like you said you might aswel hook everything upto it

Last edited:
M

masterrondo

The Mitsubishi big boys are nice monitors without a doubt, but be careful, when they have a problem, it is usually a big problem and a chore to fix.

At my place of work, we currently have two used for monitoring system status of servers on our network. One had a cap fry and got it replaced, but it hasn't been the same since. Quite fuzzy no matter how much fine tuning is done.

Most of the time I've seen these monitors on auction, they aren't too expensive..but these types are usually used heavily..on everyday and everynight on end. As for ours, since we got them (used) they have been on for 3-4 years straight. You can see the wear on them. I also imagine the upkeep on replacing parts and servcing is rather high since these aren't too common.

On a side note, they weigh a ton.