Metal Slug 3/SvC PS2 North American ports delayed

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
All the way to September 15th according to EBgames. :angry:

Surely this isn't a developmental issue, seeing as how the ports are basically done and just need to be localized. What in the name of hell is going on with SNKP and US ports?

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
This is the type of thing that will put this company out to pasture yet again. very sad, to say the least.

slerch666

updyke,
Weren't they having problems securing the license or whatever from Suckme... I mean, Sony?

It's funnt. Sony will license the games for release in Japan, but not fucking the US? They're probably afraid that have games released with such "dated" graphics will make it look like their system is crap or something.

Fucking douche bags.

Nothing as of late concerning SNKP is surprising me anymore. I dunno WTF their major malfuction is, but it's something that definately calls for a visit by R. Lee Ermy to stomp some sense into these guys. :blow_top: *Even on the PS2 side of things (at least here in the USA) the fans are getting the shaft? First the Non MVS SNK Vs. Capcom... now this, looks like the future is bleak indeed or full of Guerrilla activity, and that sucks. I at least figured SNKP would be hanging tough another three years NEO wise, and there's nothing really involved with doing ports and localizing them. Most of those games have ENGRISH already anyhow!

:oh_no:

MD20XX / Storm Rider

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
What kind of joke is this?!?! EIGHT MORE MONTHS, when this game has already been out in Japan for a long time?!?! What a freaking joke. :oh_no:

Trying To Be The Voice Of Reason (and failing...)

There's only one real way I can think of that'll influence SNK NEO-GEO USA to move up the release dates: write in! Voice your opinions! Let it be known to them that you want the games post haste. Gather your friends and have them do the same thing. Just speak your mind and tell them the truth. All the info's below:

SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORP.
P.O. Box 1140
Wall, NJ 07719
info@snkneogeousaconsumer.com

Remember, only YOU can change the course of history. And if all else fails, tell them that they've just lost another customer, and walk away.

That said, I'm done being the voice of reason. I'm off to watch the drama unfold in the Sammy/SNKP thread.

So I guess if 500 ppl from these forums combined with Snk-Capcom.Com (those who aren't in here but only over there) amongst a horde of friends who actually play SNK/SNKP product... then we could Strong Arm SNKP to redecide to release an official SVC Chaos MVS Cart huh? ---Generally speaking Petitions and letter don't do jack shit. Just look at how KONAMI pissed all over the 2,000 + Petition back in '97-'98 for the Policenaughts game. Or how Kojima-san won't re-release MSX perfect ports of the original Metal Gear games. *I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, I just don't think that'll get anything solved. The only thing they'd understand is a HAO SHOKOKEN point bank to the face, followed up by a Genocide Cutter.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
MegaDrive 20XX said:
...The only thing they'd understand is a HAO SHOKOKEN point bank to the face, followed up by a Genocide Cutter.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

If we could only get Rugal to pick up Kyokugen karate....

Nah, he'd probably just get pissed off and blow up his ship as soon as he got it all figured out. :(

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
You can blame Sony's red tape and filtering process on Slug 3's US delay.

Sony doesn't really want you playing Slug 3.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
I just got an email from Ben Herman regarding the situation the Metal Slug III port:

"We will have an announcement next week. Look for a press release on our website."

Sklabah

Another Striker
Here's the announcement:

After an amazing 9 months, SNKP's US division is shutting it's door forever. (We don't even have doorS) We are recalling all KOF 2000/2001 packages from the stores, and plan on burning every last shred of evidence that we ever existed. Thanks for your support and concern, but we don't have a clue what we're doing, so we're bailing out ASAP.

Please visit our new affiliate, Sammy, and look forward to the absolute raping of all your favorite IPs.

BTW, we pressed 500 MS3 discs, but I'm gonna use them for siding at my new shack in Arkansas.

Sincerely cluless,
SNKP USA

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Meh, snkneogeousa corp will be dead before you know it with these kinds of moves. Releasing SVC port over a year after it was in the arcades? the problem here is by the time the ports come the hype is gone, they are going to have to start selling these at a greatest hits price right off the bat. Playmore really doesnt care about the US, its pretty obvious.

AKscrube

Overtop Pathfinder
sony vs snk: denial!

i think Sony has just simply denied SNK approval for them to release SvC Chaos & Metal Slug 3 stateside:loco:

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
damn, I can't wait that long. I am just going to go ahead and get the aes version. :rolleyes:

Tidus Vash

NEST Puppet
Maybe Sony is afraid that people who do not play Neo Geo will play these for the first time and really enjoy them. Then they will want more. This could put a dent in the sales of all the B-rate Counter Strike clones and other mediocre mush they feed to the masses.

Sony US rep: "A fun game with lasting replay value? No sir... I don't like it."

When it comes to console games I go with imports (except for maybe RPGs translated into English).
It's getting to the point you almost have to, to play the games you want.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Asides from the possibility that the release dates are mere guesses from EB and GS. Maybe Sony USA told SNKUSA , "Put something WORTHWHILE in and we'll talk"

With online play planned for XBox, maybe THAT'S what they're doing.

Just a guess.

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Fygee said:
All the way to September 15th according to EBgames. :angry:

Surely this isn't a developmental issue, seeing as how the ports are basically done and just need to be localized. What in the name of hell is going on with SNKP and US ports?

Those bastards!!! :very_ang:

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Magnaflux said:
You can blame Sony's red tape and filtering process on Slug 3's US delay.

Sony doesn't really want you playing Slug 3.

Sony doesn't seem to want us to play anything unless its high-res 3d with hours of cinematics that fill up the remaining 4 gigs of the dvd. Things like this make me glad I have a jap ps2

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Well this is total bull shit. I'm going to save my money up and get the MVS verson of Slug3, a flip-top and the SVC import. I'm sick of this garbage. There both done. Give them to us now.

AWC

NEST Puppet
Wile SNKPlaymore has a lot of explaining to do, SCEA also has a history of Japanese-to-US release lameness. Remember how they ditched Tobal 2!

MegaDrive 20XX said:
Just look at how KONAMI pissed all over the 2,000 + Petition back in '97-'98 for the Policenaughts game.
MD20XX / Storm Rider

Horrible memories indeed. This is another example of why I want to learn Japanese.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Black Noah said:
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that SNK-P doesn't give a damn about us over here.

its not snkp who is behind the delay. It is sony.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
its not snkp who is behind the delay. It is sony.

Yup, That is why I came back to this thread....To post just that.
Sony has a proverbial stick up thier ass when it comes to anything like this. The only retro software that can see a U.S. release is the really old atari type stuff that has somewhat of a pop culture appeal.
Sony will severly hamper or totaly bury SNK if this continues.