Mark of the wwolves 2 on atomiswave?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Ah shit, now Rock is going to fight without a shirt under his jacket? Fuck.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
why are they so agro looking? :spock:

fuck snkp, make something nonsequel/nonfighter please!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
That is intriguing - but if they butcher MOTW I'll never forgive them :) .

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
SonGohan said:
Ah shit, now Rock is going to fight without a shirt under his jacket? Fuck.

Hey, if its Sammy with as well add some flared leather patches that trail off every single piece of clothing he already owns and slap some useless belt chains around his waist. That'd completely ruin the series, and keep in line with Sammys "awesome" character design. :rolleyes:

I FUCKING HATE SAMMY.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I wouldn't mind a sequel to MOTW coming out on the AtomisWave board, but I do mind the artwork :eek:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Don't worry, people, that is not SNKP or Sammy artwork. That is the guy who does the flash illustrations for Trieu's site. He's not bad and he's a good colorist. It doesn't represent in game art or anything...just his interpretations.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
the concept of the MOTW sequal on Atomiswave is amazing. We just gotta do something bout that horrible art.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
The faces in the artwork look jacked up, but anyway this is great, now the chance for a even better game than MOTW. More characters, more moves, more music and more everything. No more sacrificing moves and characters cuz of hardware limitations.

me = happy.

fuck all gg/sammy hating elitists.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982 said:
that artwork just plain sucks
Sheesh, we are a tough crowd. I really don't think this is official art -- it's just a fan drawing done in more of a comic book style. He seems to be influenced by Howard Porter and maybe a bit of Ed McGuinnes (in turn influenced by Capcom's Bengus).

And what Spinmaster said about the potential of a Atomiswave MotW -- yes. I've also been dreaming of a KOF not necessarily with improved graphics or animation, but with every character ever...a real Dream Match.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Thats right Southtownkid, its more than just prettier character sprites. Now I can play my game without having to change my playstyle becausemy character's moves are missing because it took up precious space for kim's 3s lookin animation or for some new lame character SNK is always pulling on us(Ash).

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I say we wait and see. SNKplaymore has not been too MVS friendly as of late. I think they may jump hardware

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I'm personally excited to see what they can put out on Atomiswave. Steller looking games along with SNK gameplay can't be beat, this would definately be the time to shut Capcom fanboys up. And I don't think people should be too concerned about them changing existing characters. You don't buy an image just to change it, you buy it because it works. Of course it'll be sad to see the neo go but hopefully this will get the amount of Atomiswaves out there with games that they'll begin selling them separately (and people selling used ones). And now people won't have to worry about ports because they should be dead on.

And that's not official artwork, just like SouthtownKid said it's the guy who illustrates for s-c.com.

D

Devils Child

Wow if MOTW 2 doesn't come to the AES I'm gonna be really sad. I hope this isn't the last gasp of a superior machine we all know and love.

Hate Sammy now love Sammy later. Apparently sammy understands the potenial of 2D power house fighter's by buying the rights to SNK/Playmore & Capcom.This could only mean more great success to there company and the Snk/capcom fanbase aswell as Operators.just wait and see.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
A KOF with every character and every move has been a wet dream of mine for sometime now. With this news, it may finally come to fruition. I want to see a MOTW 2, but they better not fuck it up or I'll be pissed.

If SNKP decides to do a sequel to MOTW on the Atomiswave hardware... then there's no excuse for them not taking the time to actually flesh out a game that looks as good as the first one on the Neo Hardware, 13 years old or not. ---Sure it be cool to see what the new stuff will look like, but it just seems they want to take the easy way out. If you're going to bust ass to make something look good on another format, why not push the Neo to it's technical limits the way #1 did, or the type of beauty seen in Blazing Star, that still looks ACES even since 1997 when that game came out. To me it's just another case of them "flaking out". **Put some love into your product, and it'll shine through.

Oh well.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

Goukipoo

New Challenger
the Atomiswave is a stock DC, just with a cartidge instead of GD-Rom. and the carts, acording to the flyer has a maxium of 128MB, of course, I'm sure that's like Neo's 41.25MB max that is was supposed to have, but of course MSlug3 got up to 88.5MB. Also, teh DC has Texture compression. which,will help with the backgrounds, because I'm sure teh backgrounds in most of the fightes wll be 3D

The Walmart that I work out, I know shoot me, has a brand new Atomiswave machine, with that stupid shooting game. But the cabinet looks awesome, and is REALLY simple for arcade operators. Though I wish the monitor was a tad bigger.

Last edited: