Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Sorry if this was already posted, btw I found the
news in www.polygonmag.com

SNK Playmore Wins Lawsuit

By Dennis Day, News Editor
Published January 15, 2004 -- 06:43 pm CDT

SNK Playmore has won a civil lawsuit against rival game developer Aruze. An Osaka District Court has ruled that Aruze infringed copyrights held by SNK over several Pachinko games released for the arcade and PlayStation 2. As a result, Aruze has reportedly been ordered to pay 5.64 billion yen ($53 million) in damages. SNK originally filed their lawsuit last February and the company plans to pursue further litigation against Aruze to recover additional damages.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
drinking beer in tha hot sun i fought Aruze, i won, i fought Aruze, i won.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
SWEET!

That should provide fundage for a few more NGH titles :D .

I'm guessing this was what they were talking about in their latest site update:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/information/press17.html

If so, it most certainly IS big news! Although I find it kind of ironic that even now, SNKP plans on creating pachislot games using their own characters (which is what Aruze did in the first place). Still, this is an incredibly big win for the good guys.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Congratulation! You new king of lawsuits!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
T_Smallz said:
*Smiles at his V-Liner and Jockey Grand Prix kits*

:glee:

Ummm why?

Anyway, it's what Aruze deserves for running the NGPC and SNK into the ground and trying to make a quick buck on their pachinko stuff.

Iori

n00b
This explains why Playmore is now working on titles for other hardware like pachinko, atomisware, and 3d for PS2. I mean shit, they bought SNK with a little over double that money anyway.

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
It's time for SNKP to buy back the old staff(make them an offer they can't refuse ;) ) and start making some good ol' quality games. :buttrock:

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
I hope they use at least SOME of that money for ALWAYS hiring the best artists (in terms of artwork, music, and everything else) for their games, and also, that they do a whole lot more advertising. One thing that the SNKP games really need is propaganda, is to be back into the spotlight, into the masses' memories.

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
MegaDrive 20XX said:

FO' Real man!
:cool:

We deserve Garou2! It's time for us, the fans, to show some balls and to DEMAND the games we want.

If I don't see some work in progress in the following weeks I'm gonna raize some hell in this bitch! :blow_top:

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I believe Aruze was going to make some pachinko/slot machines with SNK characters even after Playmore bought up SNK.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
insaneben said:
I'm guessing this was what they were talking about in their latest site update:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/information/press17.html

If so, it most certainly IS big news! Although I find it kind of ironic that even now, SNKP plans on creating pachislot games using their own characters (which is what Aruze did in the first place). Still, this is an incredibly big win for the good guys.

Chances are they saw Aruze making serious money with them and decided they wanted that money.

OmegaSaber said:
Chances are they saw Aruze making serious money with them and decided they wanted that money.

Yeah, SNKP's top echelon was kickin' it at the crib listenin' to some DMX: "I gotta' make move and make it soon, gotta' take a block and make it BOOM. So come on let's git dat' MONEY!"

MD20XX / Storm Rider

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
lithy said:
Ummm why?

Anyway, it's what Aruze deserves for running the NGPC and SNK into the ground and trying to make a quick buck on their pachinko stuff.

Because much like PtN he's hoping they'll become rare and he can sell them for a profit.

Glad to see SNKP won this, and yeah, that's a fucking ton of money.