MS5 artwork to be revealed 1/14...

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Plus, English MS5 artwork (insert) to be revealed later today. 1/14/03

taken from Neostore.

so today as in tomorrow or? late as in 2am 3am? I wanna see this bitch.

Freelancer

Banned
Just noticed this to while browsing the latest Neostore wares.
I hope SNKP doesn't make the insert are "too cute"....I wasn't too fond of the MS4 insert.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
well, scratch that. Shawn pushed it back to the 19th:(

HPMAN

UI resident
Just search by yourself :D

insert-mid.jpg

Officially revealed by HPMAN :mr_t:

Freelancer

Banned
Not bad. Still a bit cute for my tastes, but what can you do?
I really like the overall red color theme!

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
WOW. way to go playmore. you truly know how to show just how shodily a company can be run.
It's not every day that you can fuck up something so simple as an insert. bet hey, they have done it before, why not continue the good ol trend.

Honestly, fuck this release. I'm goin MVS. If playmore is so content on destroying the art aspects of english releases (which made them desired in the first place) Then i will get an MVS rev or just play some roms. NUFF SAID.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I swear to God, there is no pleasing anyone on this board. There is no insert conceivable by Man or God that would get a thumbs up here.

I actually think it's quite cool and very unique. I love the red. The spine stuff is all there (the only part of the entire insert that seems to even ask for uniformity), except I would have liked the MS5 logo for the title, but no big whoop. I very much like the fact that the front cover is a unique design.

I am not a particular fan of the actual art itself, but that is the art campaign being used for the title. Of course they are going to use it.

Geez. Sometimes you guys just don't make any sense.

Having said that I will probably go MVS anyway since that is how I play most of the time, but man, give it a rest.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Um is there a pic of the JP insert??? Looks like that one will top the US one.............again:p

Setsuna1982

World Her,
in the post about the turtle in ms5 i said "it will be called a 708meg game" and here you got it.

oh, forget the fact that it is NOT a 708meg game :rolleyes:

Metal Slug 5 = 400meg game + space consumed by leftovers < 708meg

Hmmmmmmm

New and different, yet very satisfying to the eyes. Still will work well with the uniformity of most of the US releases. The only thing I would ask for is that the logo be on the spine, but hey it's SNK, they can't get everything right all the time :D

Overall... I LIKE IT!!!

Criterionradiohead ;)

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Look, I hear ya,
But lets be brutely honest: with Shwan telling SNK that we would like the logo on the spine, the meg count box in the right place, this and that it is pretty obviose that SNK could give a shit less about the customer because this insert is truly sub par. after SVC why is there no logo on the insert? like it is that damn hard.
SNK fails to realise the the classic euro layout is what helped with the appeal of the english releases. without that they can keep the english releases.
bottom line is that it is such an easy job to do (pleasing the customer/collector by following the euro layout) and they fucked it up....AGAIN.
SVC was great, but this blows.

RyoGeo said:
I swear to God, there is no pleasing anyone on this board. There is no insert conceivable by Man or God that would get a thumbs up here.

I actually think it's quite cool and very unique. I love the red. The spine stuff is all there (the only part of the entire insert that seems to even ask for uniformity), except I would have liked the MS5 logo for the title, but no big whoop. I very much like the fact that the front cover is a unique design.

I am not a particular fan of the actual art itself, but that is the art campaign being used for the title. Of course they are going to use it.

Geez. Sometimes you guys just don't make any sense.

Having said that I will probably go MVS anyway since that is how I play most of the time, but man, give it a rest.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Metal Slug 5 DEFINETLY is full of mistery...

or perhaps i'm paranoid but look at the insert CLOSER...

insert-pow.png

don't even dare to say that the thing in the background is a giant turtle!! :loco: :loco:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982 said:
Metal Slug 5 DEFINETLY is full of mistery...

or perhaps i'm paranoid but look at the insert CLOSER...

insert-pow.png

don't even dare to say that the thing in the background is a giant turtle!! :loco: :loco:

I don't see it