YES...................

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
*rubs hands evilly together*

YES...................
LOL, yes the Evil JHendrix!

I'm just really interested in what all this commotion is about. I'll definitely stay tuned.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
In all honestly it's probably nothing we haven't known for a few months. It will be nice to see something in print though and end all this stupid speculation.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yuck, this could be one of two things, cool or just plain garbage like GG, looks nice but its shit. I hope they dont ruin the SNK titles.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Sammy is a shit company who got luck from Guilty Gear. A series nobody cared about until they saw the graphics of X, now all of a sudden, the company is as big as microsoft.

I pray Sammy and all its releases fail cold turkey.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Sammy is a shit company who got luck from Guilty Gear. A series nobody cared about until they saw the graphics of X, now all of a sudden, the company is as big as microsoft.

I pray Sammy and all its releases fail cold turkey.

its okay,
the SEGA curse will be passed on to them.
why in the world would an arcade company buy up SEGA.
to add to their IPs and cut out the competition.
they basically have a naomi frankenstein that they call atomiswave
and they buy out the company at no small feat that is their only
competitors arcade wise.
makes sense i suppose SNK routing to them.
who knows. it may even work out right.
but personally i m not to excited about it.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Could it be the blessing of all blessings?

SKNP has decided to buy out Sammy and dissolve the company? I seriously hate Sammy.

Of course its going to be something retarded regarding Atomiswave.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
why even dev for atomiswave?

wouldn't it be better to design for system 246 if you want to do 3d, so you can do a straight ps2 port?

ugh, I hate this cryptic crap with trieu...just tell us, or don't, don't do this stupid hype it up thing.

Paul Phoenix

New Challenger
Yeah, I also have to admitt that Sammy isn´t a great company.
Ok, they have GG, but besides it´s resolution and the great soundtrack, GG belongs to the series of games which the world does not need after all.
I really do not know one person who actually likes GG in terms of gameplay.

And I am really afraid that IF there should be something announced that we can say good bye to all the great SNKP stuff we had, have and will have :(

But I also have to add that whoever this Trieu guy is, and with all necessary respect, he told quite many things over the last months (from what I have seen in these topics) and nothing has really happened !!!

And it is also more likely that this news might just be something with this pachinko thing.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
Fucking Hell. Some of the Sammy characters are cool, but I don't care for them. I had the very first GG for PSX and it sucked. The games are a lot better, but are still missing something. I don't want to see an SvS game.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
rarehero said:
its okay,
the SEGA curse will be passed on to them.
why in the world would an arcade company buy up SEGA.
to add to their IPs and cut out the competition.
they basically have a naomi frankenstein that they call atomiswave
and they buy out the company at no small feat that is their only
competitors arcade wise.
makes sense i suppose SNK routing to them.
who knows. it may even work out right.
but personally i m not to excited about it.

I remember a stage on a fighting game of their own ( GG ?? ) wich had all the logos of their competitors ( namely arcade ) crushed and shattered all over the place and Sammy was the only good standing one... Names like Saeg, Kanomi, Nomca, SKN, Comcap, etc...

Would be this their wish ? :smirk:

Paul Phoenix

New Challenger
I have another vision:

A Sammy logo on the ground, Poppy walking by and doing his business onto the logo !!!

May this be my dream :eek_2:

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Atomiswave and Snk....hmmmnnn......are they serious? we will see what will unfold-

Guilty Gear the game itself, is pretty in terms of graphics- but shallow in terms of Characters..... Characters are wayyy over done - IMHO. :spock: They designed characters that have a "CHEEZY Cool " look to themselves almost like Sammy worked so hard at trying to create different cool characters they outdid themselves on this one-

If they create a game with similar gameplay people are used to but outstanding graphics- im definately all for it Hell- this series needs a serious tune up cosmetically (but I know for the majority less is more) I am looking forward to an SNK/P Fighting game on Atomiswave Technology............:D (yet i dont think an Snk VS SAMMY is a good idea right away though)

Last edited:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
SNK vs. Sammy?

Hell no, you guys don't realize what this means.

They already secured "Sammy vs. Capcom"

When they buy SNKP, Sammy vs. Capcom becomes SvC2!

It'll be like SNK vs. Capcom with some GGX characters thrown in. Plus all the good graphics/music/etc.

Go Sammy! :buttrock:

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
JHendrix said:
SNK vs. Sammy?

Hell no, you guys don't realize what this means.

They already secured "Sammy vs. Capcom"

When they buy SNKP, Sammy vs. Capcom becomes SvC2!

It'll be like SNK vs. Capcom with some GGX characters thrown in. Plus all the good graphics/music/etc.

Go Sammy! :buttrock:

so it is a reality??? wow...........we will see whats going to unfold.:spock: anyone found concrete evidence of SnkP being bought out by Sammy?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
GunstarHeroblack said:
so it is a reality??? wow...........we will see whats going to unfold.:spock: anyone found concrete evidence of SnkP being bought out by Sammy?

Of course this is in the whole "what if" category, till Treiu posts up and we know the truth.

But considering the rumors we've had from multiple sources, I'm very hopeful. ;)

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
I would be very surprised if sammy did away with the SNk name, it's too well known in arcades.

I could see them however, make SNK a branch of SAMMY, and devote the SAMMY brand to pachinko.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yea just read the news from Gamespot website and Sammy vs Capcom is a go- also the news about them making King of fighters a great title again- thats evidence enough for me - Finally some sense getting knocked into SNK/P heads- A new facelift for KOF. (lets hope its not a disaster like Michael Jackson's facelift) Hey as long as the Gameplay isnt Fucked up too badly- and too hopefully they will keep around the Snk name when they annouce the title.................(the Majority of Snk Hardcore will not be too happy and will hope for failure but oh well)......the inevitable looks like its finally taking place- a step towards the future of 2d fighting.

Last edited:

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
I hope they change to the atomiswave. Change is good.........................besides I dont think we will anymore mvs carts antime soon.