SvC MVS Dead?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
posted at arcadeshock
UPDATE: SVC Chaos MVS Kits - Please email us at sales@snk-capcom.com for refunds/credit towards other products. We hoped, we wished, but Santa got his big boodie stuck in the chimney. Not happening folks.

Oh well, at least I got Mars Matrix CPS2 on the way now. Looks like I'll just be getting the PS2 port of SvC.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Dead as a doornail unfortunately, maybe SNK will get in gear, if not for SVC then for kof 2003.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Looks like the first cases of AES only carts are a new reality for Neo Geo fans.

Hopefully KOF 2k3 won't follow suit

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, if the game was good I would be more upset...

-Nick

Freelancer

Banned
This completely SUCKS...what the hell took so long for them to make the decision?

But oh well, the homecart is still a worthy purchase.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I'll still pick up the jamma releases of new games, but damn, why couldn't they (SNKP) just come up front and say they weren't making it?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Tempted to look up the old thread to see who it was that was railing on people for being paranoid when it was first rumored this would happen. I will be shocked if KOF '03 gets a MVS cart release. I don't think 4-slot boards are being manufactured anymore, and I think SNKP is trying to wean arcades off of the idea of more than one game in a cab in general. Maybe they think it reduces their visual presence in the arcade if there are 4 Capcom cabs next to one MVS cab that has 4 games in it.

I don't want to hear any more "don't be afraid of the PCB", either. I'm not taking 4 games I love out of my cab every time to play SvC, just to replace them 15 minutes later. Pass. Maybe if I eventually also get a supergun...

On a slightly related note: has anyone yet seen an english KOF '03 PCB? Everywhere I've seen it, it's the japanese (only?)version.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
SouthtownKid said:
I don't want to hear any more "don't be afraid of the PCB", either. I'm not taking 4 games I love out of my cab every time to play SvC, just to replace them 15 minutes later. Pass. Maybe if I eventually also get a supergun...
No need :) http://www.twobits.com/DualJamma/

There are other things too like multijamma.com (or something like that).

Anyways... I have no problem doing this (switching the Jamma connector).

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Honestly, I'd rather just wire up a cab to play the PS2 version...

-Nick

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
SouthtownKid said:
Tempted to look up the old thread to see who it was that was railing on people for being paranoid when it was first rumored this would happen.

I am tempted to look for that thread too, as when Trieu first announced that some people here wanted to wait for more official confirmation, and some others flamed those because "Trieu=True" so we all had to take it as granted. This is not a critic to Trieu nor Shawn, but to SNKP. It sucks not to have the MVS cart of this game, I think I will pass on the pcb too, I'll just wait for SS5 to drop on price a bit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fire up teh bootz sales again

I'm honestly dissapointed. If I didn't feel so screwed over and toyed with after all this I might have been tempted to get a PCB board, but as it is I'll hunt down a boot, and but a PCB kit when it gets much cheaper. Hell, if they came out right away and said they wouldn't be making a cart kit I would've been much more likely to buy a PCB kit right away now I feel like I've been strung out for months and in the end I still have nothing.

Its fucked up I say.

I need KOF2003 to be on a cart one way or another

RVF400

Host for Orochi
so this means i have to buy a boot!, this sucks big time.
well when i do buy it, it will only come from some1 i trust (not japhei thats for sure).

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Oh well... No MVS Cart = PS2 version for me... (If it's coming state-side.)

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I'm going to wait and see what Shawn says about this issue (mostly since I preordered from him) but assuming this is true this is just stupid.

Hey Playmore, here's a suggestion: pissing off your customers generally isn't a good way to make money.

At this point I might as well say the hell with it and wait for the PS2 version as I'm not even remotely interested in buying a bootleg.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Phoenix Down said:
At this point I might as well say the hell with it and wait for the PS2 version as I'm not even remotely interested in buying a bootleg.

Perhaps its a ploy to squeeze more money out of the PS2 version

hmmmmm

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
djdelly said:
So who wants to build a NGH to MVS Phantom converter?

Most likely, it would be easier to just buy an AES console and hook it up to the cab.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Or even easier just to skip this lurid game. Honestly, I was interested in picking up a copy, but with it's poor quality, and frustrating fuck over of a MVS release... I'll pass. You know, if this is what I can expect from SNKP, I'll be heading into Naomi soon I think... atleast that system is about dead and not being raped,

-Nick

Last edited:

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Wow, look at all the pro bootleg propaganda crawl out of the woodwork. Better get those quick before they skyrocket in price :rolleyes:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
We all know there's an even easier and cheaper solution than the AES, pcb, port or bootleg... :rolleyes:

I already have TEH ROMZ.