Chicago land area get your Arcadia NOW!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
If you live in the chicago land area it's easy to assume that you have heard of the japanese import shop Mitsuwa. Well Good news is that their book store carries "Arcadia" the arcade mag then beez keeps showing off. Mitsuwa is on Algonquin road (route 62) in Arlington heights. If you haven't been there Chicago land area its time to grab one. Friend of mine just picked me up a copy. They also are selling some cool SNK minatures, models, and games.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yea I have been buying Arcadia there for the past year and a half or so, cool place. They get them in at the end of each month usually around the 26th. I was there the other day and they actually had SVC and KOF 2k1 for PS2, kind of nice to see that.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
100 E Algonquin Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
(847) 956-6699

Pretty easy to find, and neat if you've never been there before.

Their Japanese book store is OK. J-toys has a lot of those little figurines but a lot of them come as a set. Their video games are way overpriced. They also have a DDR Extreme and a Parapara Paradise machine, which is on loan from 6th Avenue Comics and Cards in Wisconsin. They should also still have 6th Avenue's beatmania CM1 there too... but it sucks.

Cavera

n00b
I think that I might check that store out this weekend. I've heard of it before, but I haven't actually been to it. Someone told me that their merchandise is a bit high priced though.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It is but you gotta understand that it is import and the store has to pay those over sea shipping costs. On the other hand their bootleg DVDs are really good priced. You can get 20 episodes or so for about $40 instead of paying $30 for 3 like you do at suncoast.

KOF RUGAL B.

Krauser's Henchman
Syxx573 said:
100 E Algonquin Rd
(847) 956-6699

Their Japanese book store is OK. J-toys has a lot of those little figurines but a lot of them come as a set. Their video games are way overpriced. They also have a DDR Extreme and a Parapara Paradise machine, which is on loan from 6th Avenue Comics and Cards in Wisconsin. They should also still have 6th Avenue's beatmania CM1 there too... but it sucks.

Thanks for the address, will go check it out when i have a chance

kiun

Zero's Tailor
Syxx573 said:
100 E Algonquin Rd
(847) 956-6699

beware...they don't allow you to step on the DDR machine if you don't intend to pay :shame:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i also read on the arcadia site that you can order the magazine directly from them (they ship overseas). i didnt spend too much time looking at it, it also said 2001 at the bottom of the page but there is a chance you are still able to order directly from the company.

link

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
i also read on the arcadia site that you can order the magazine directly from them (they ship overseas). i didnt spend too much time looking at it, it also said 2001 at the bottom of the page but there is a chance you are still able to order directly from the company.

link
Cool news because one of the clerks at the Kinokuiya (or was it Asahiya... the one in Weller Court, anyway) book store here in L.A. said that Enterbrain didn't want their books, DVDs, etc. exported out of Japan, although he may have just not wanted to be bothered to fill out a mail order form or something. Seemed like a sketchy excuse...

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I know that the prices for import games is going to be more but they go a little bit too far on the games.

Anyway there is already an import shop in Arlington Heights on Palatine called Game Club... they have weird hours but if you can also check it out, they're pretty good. I bought a beatmania IIDX 6th style there for 60 bucks. Their phone number is (847) 253-4263. You can order stuff through them and they have a few Neo Geo items there, and also a Neo Geo cab, though it was turned off when I was there.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I've seen Arcadia at Mitsuwa in Los Angeles... problem is it is always a few months old... STILL, cool to browse it, but I've already have seen most of the SNK scans by that time.

-Nick