Unlock Eiji & Rugal in KoF 2001 for PS2?

Tom Lyman

n00b
Anyone hear about that rumor that Eiji Kisargi and Rugal Bernstein are unlockable in KoF 2001 on PS2? There's an official KoF 2001 site and the moves list includes moves for them, but no picture art. No one knows how to do it, but on gamefaqs.com's message board, one guy emailed SNK and got a reply saying that they're in the game, but they won't say how to unlock them. After I unlocked Igniz, it didn't say anything about getting a certain number of wins to unlock anything else. I hope I don't need to play Party Mode again, anyway. I already got 209 wins (with Chang) and that took long enough. Please HELP! I want to play as these characters! I'm not quite convinced that they actually exist yet, though.

Dazz_Kyo

Goal! Goal! Goal!
I have heard nuthin about them being unlockable in this game. I hope Rugal is in it though.

DoNuT kInG

Quiz Detective
this is all bullshit

i think ive seen a million of these threads and ive responeded in all of them you'll need more than 200 people beaten that's for sure

nintendospy

Crossed Swords Squire
20 Year Member
I don't think they're in the game, it might be a mistake on that .pdf file.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
They aren't, SNKP already apologized for the mistake in an official statement.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Tom you might want to change your location to just say Chicago, IL.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
DoNuT kInG said:
this is all bullshit

i think ive seen a million of these threads and ive responeded in all of them you'll need more than 200 people beaten that's for sure

A million huh? looks like 47 to me...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Tom Lyman said:
Anyone hear about that rumor that Eiji Kisargi and Rugal Bernstein are unlockable in KoF 2001 on PS2? There's an official KoF 2001 site and the moves list includes moves for them, but no picture art. No one knows how to do it, but on gamefaqs.com's message board, one guy emailed SNK and got a reply saying that they're in the game, but they won't say how to unlock them. After I unlocked Igniz, it didn't say anything about getting a certain number of wins to unlock anything else. I hope I don't need to play Party Mode again, anyway. I already got 209 wins (with Chang) and that took long enough. Please HELP! I want to play as these characters! I'm not quite convinced that they actually exist yet, though.

Hi Tom,

I unlocked eiji and rugal this weekend, it a time unlock issue. After you play the game for 120 hours rugal is unlocked and after 150 hours eiji is unlocked. I thought I answered your post in the GAMEFAQS.COM Forums. My username is fuzzyunderpants there on the GAMEFAQS.COM Forums.

sincerely,
rare
aka. fuzzyunderpants

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!!!

AGGGH, I gotta get home and switch my PS2 on.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!!!

AGGGH, I gotta get home and switch my PS2 on.

Yea, For realz dude.
Just turn on your PS2 and leave it on for a week and you're golden.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
rarehero said:
Yea, For realz dude.

I'm tempted to try that if I weren't afraid of the PS2 overheating.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
rarehero said:
Yea, For realz dude.

Pics plz.

Tom Lyman

n00b
I'll see if I can get that link. I've seen no pics and didn't see any responses to my thread on gamefaqs.com about time release, but I have to see pics or other confirmations about this before I can believe it because there's no clock in the options on 2001 like there was in 2000 or 99 on dreamcast.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Rare, are you kidding? That game has barely been out for 150 hours... Anyway, leaving your PS2 on for a week is a great way to need a new PS2. I heard someone at s-c.com saying they heard back from SNKUSA, saying the PDF was a mistake and that they are not in the game. In fact, they've taken Rugal and Eiji off the move list. To be honest, I don't really care too much if they are there or not, it's been entertaining either way. It takes a lot of brass to perpetuate a hoax like that -- the only possible motive being to sell a few extra units to the small, die-hard fan base who would actually care. You've got to admire that at least a little.

Tom Lyman

n00b
Whether it's true or not, I doubt it could mess your PS2 up that much. I could be horribly wrong, but I left my Dreamcast on for a week straight to get the 150 hour time release stuff for KoF '99 and it's still fine. I had it on the options screen with the clock so the system wasn't playing any music and the screen dimmed to conserve power. I checked it a couple times everyday and saved just in case anything happened. I'd unplug the AV cables and just leave it plugged into the wall so I could hook up other systems, watch TV, etc. Can anyone confirm an experience where their PS2 overheated or anything got messed up?