Snkplaymore closes Neogeoland Osaka ç__ç

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
Sad news. :crying:

from this article at Famitsu.com, it seems that SnkPlaymore will close the Neogeoland center of Osaka.

Last edited:

Vernon

"Stumpy"
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!! :(

this is really a BAD notice... goddamn' !! :blow_top:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
gozu+mezu said:
Sad news. :crying:

from this article at Famitsu.com, it seems that SnkPlaymore will close the Neogeoland center of Osaka.

Weird, they close Esaka No. 1 but keeping Esaka No.2 open? I guess the frequently visited places of Osaka has changed to prompt this decision, otherwise I would think they'd keep the place with more history, Esaka No. 1.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
sorry for being a noob

what is neo geo land?

what is in there?

a place full of neo geo games?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Here's the article translation:

SNK Playmore has announced the decision to close the Neo Geo Land ESAKA store. Neo Geo Land ESAKA store, an amusement spot in Osaka, is one of the stores directly operated by SNK Playmore. The same store is where SNK Playmore's (ex-SNK, ex-Playmore) "Garou Densetsu", "Samurai Spirits", "The King of Fighters" popular head-to-head fighting games always made this establishment the scene of heated competitions, at the same time has the history of being the location test spot for the same popular series. The game and medal corner on the 1st and 2nd floor will operate until 20 January of 2004, the Karaoke and Billiard corner will operate until 15 January of 2004.

By the way, although Neo Geo Land ESAKA store has been slated to shut its doors, the Neo Geo Land ESAKA No.2 Store nearby will continue as operated, so SNK Playmore's game fans should rest easily.

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
Here is the official anouncement

SHO said:
sorry for being a noob

what is neo geo land?

what is in there?

a place full of neo geo games?

Neogeoland are SNK official arcade centers in japan. They have all neogeo mvs games. and they are the first in the world to have Snk games. :buttrock: (and you can see the Neogeoland of Osaka in Japan team stage in KOF' 95)

t_neogeoland.gif

p_esaka01.jpg

More screens

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
Question: is Capcom Vs Snk 1 "arcade center with Jubei on a cycle" stage a neogeoland? i don't remember it.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
oh man that is so cool.. i want to visit neo geo land

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
everything in this world is just going straight down the drain. It seems like every 5 seconds more and more worse news is coming from everywhere. You can't escape none of this crap.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm just guessing that there isn't enough money coming in? Sad day indeed. :crying:

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Well maybe instead of being spread out they are going to just max out the one location... i bet they got a outrageous amount of cash for the land and building... its in a prime location... ever think they are taking this new cash to use for development??? maybe with the new snk/playmore they are just going to redo the 2nd location to the max... just a thaught... This is sort of like a new company again..."playmore/snk" they have to get back into the market again... Yes they never left the neo system but i guess this is in the plans to more to a new arcade format to rule the arcades once again.. and to get their foot in the next gen. home market... everything is done for a reason. Im sure nobody at a meeting was like.."hey lets just shut down that location..whos with me??" and a room full of hands go up... This is something planned... lets just home something good comes of it.. Im very sad as well this was a location i always have wanted to visit...:crying: :crying: :crying:

Last edited:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
bloody hell

it's a tuesday,right?

i will arrive in osaka on sunday

so i have 48 hours to get there before they shut it down

that's horrible,man

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
They do actually have a particularly nice mat by the front entrance. I don't understand this move though: The new NGL they opened is nothing but photoprint + prize game machines and had perhaps 10 cabinets in the "building." It's simply the ground floor of the SNK building itself, as I posted in those photos a couple months ago.

At least I can say I've been there, and the first time it was replete with MVS machines. Truly it was paradise that night. Neo Geo World though closed down 2 months before I first went to Japan which shattered utterly one huge past hope of mine.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
Good thing I've already been there. Was noone else there though, so there wasn't much to do. Besides, at the time (april 2001) there weren't any new exciting games to try out so I just had a look around.

It appears in several games by the way. KoF98 has it in the far background. CvS1 has a stage right outside the door. KoF95 is across the street. Also, I think stages in KoF96 and/or Match of the Millennium take place on the highway or the train station right next to it.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Now that just plain sucks. I was hoping to take a trip there in a few years. There goes another part of Neo history, lost to the ages and bad decisions.

Mike

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm glad I at least got to visit there once(8/02 when they were testing KoF2k2). It's a great place w/ pratically every Neo fighter and also other fighters(a lot from Capcom).

Still very sad news. I'm planning to back to Osaka this Spring/Autmn guess I better check out Esaka 2. Does anyone know how close is Esaka2 to the original?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
This just flat out blows. My dream of going there is shot. :(