MVS cab: reversed stereo?

Nomax

Kula's Candy
Hi!
I got a cab with an MV-2F inside.
In the sound test in the service mode:
When I test Right, sound comes from the Left speaker (player POV) and when I test Left, it comes out the Right speaker. So my question is does RIGHT in this test means Cab POV (seen from rear of the cab) or player POV (facing the front of the cab)???

I've seen pin 10 is wired to left speaker from behind the cab and pin L goes to the right speaker. It's wrong but if you look from the player POV, it's correct. My cab was assembled by Pacific Industries (UK) in 1993 and the wires of the speakers have always been connected this way. Were they wrong?

Logic wants the RIGHT in the test would correspond to right frm the player POV, don't you think? Do I have to invert the wires? :help:

Please cab owners, could you do the sound test and tell me how it behaves?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My Right test does the Right speaker from player POV same with left.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Man, I was going to just say switch the wires going to the speakers, but.... this is a small problem that you can fix by many methods. Good luck!

Spike

Nomax

Kula's Candy
Shiftyfink said:
Turn around and play with your back facing the cabinet. Ha see all fixed. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, thank you very much, it works the way it should, with a mirror in front of me, it's just a bit diffcult to master the reversed gameplay ;)

Seriously, I reversed the wires and I hear the sound coming from the right speaker when I select it in test mode. It's just amazing that for all that time, Pacific Industries Neo cabs have reversed stereo! So to all guys who own Playvision 25" (Neo-Geo in a black/green BAS cab) from PI; check your wires!

Thanks to all of you for your report!