Damaged NGPC...

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
Quoted from [ http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77096 ]

In my hands I currently hold a damaged Platinum NGPC, serial 560776. It has numerous amounts of scratches, and the little screen cover is pretty scratched. The actual damage that renders it partially useless is that the LCD screen has a sort of "cut" along it, and the liquid has pretty much run over a good portion of the screen in a sort of big blot. He also has a working copy of both Samurai Shodown! 2 and Sonic Pocket Adventure (both US, I believe), with Sonic having it's own little clearcase. The clearcase is pretty much scratched all over and shows signs of age, and the Sonic cart itself has the nasty ability of sometimes resetting my NGPC memory and forcing me to go through setup all over again. I'm pretty sure that isn't normal. SS!2 works fine, though.

Other than that, the thing is working fine. It takes batteries just fine, it plays games (although it can't display them, almost at all), the sound works fine, the volume works fine, the AC adaptor plug works fine, the buttons are fine, the thumbstick is fine... In other words, all this thing apparently seems to need is a replacement for the screen cover and a screen replacement.

Is it possible to replace these two items easily? Also, I was hoping to buy the lot of stuff from him. What's a good price? I was thinking of plunking like, $20 for the whole thing if he still had, say, the NGPC's box and a few of the packaging items for the games (maybe even manuals), but I'd need to ask him.

What do you all think? I could use some tips. :)

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
forget it.. it's near impossible to find a replacement screen, and if so, it would cost you more than a new ngpc.

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
I just found a replacement screen.

For astonishingly cheap. :9

I think I may have something here. Does anyone actually have an idea how to replace them, though?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
nothingxs said:
I just found a replacement screen.

For astonishingly cheap. :9

I think I may have something here. Does anyone actually have an idea how to replace them, though?

Sure its not just the top plastic cover? Those are sold, but I've never seen another LCD screen.