CPS3 FAQ 0.00001a , Feedback needed

apus

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi,

due to the questions regarding CPS3 and the lack of a good FAQ I created one.

Please visit, read it and tell me what I should improve. It is in very initial state, so dont expect tooo much.

http://www.guenstiger-essen.de/cps3faq/

Thanks

Dennis

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I gots a question. I have a CPS3 board with 2 64 MB flash roms on either side, but I also have a rom labeled "SND 1" on the left side...it doesn't appear to be that large...maybe 8 MB. any ideas what it is used for?

I'm assuming this is a NG / Redearth board...but your FAQ doesn't mention this rom chip.

I don't own any games incidently...just the board.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Nice! It's about time someone make one of these, as I'm dying to know more about CPS3... and nobody seems to know a damn thing. Thanks.

Spike

apus

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
@Rev: That MAY be an indication of what data it stores (SND = Snd FX / Music?). My dead euro Red Earth also had this SND chip. Dunno about its size. My SF3:3s got Roms labeled PRG, SIM and CHR.

@Spike: Thanks.

Next I will try to compare the DC and CPSIII version of 3rd Strike.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Cool! A CPS3 faq was a long-felt desideratum.

On a side note, one thing I don't understand is why most mobos come without the metal case (a pic can be seen in the battery replacement guide linked in your faq). I remember reading somewhere that the case favoured static discharges but this can hardly be the case in my view: I would think it's isolated from on-board components and you could always ground it...and other system have a similar metal case (MVS, Model 3) and I've never heard of that kind of problems...

Also, the case is particularly handy when you have to replace the suicide battery as it provides a surface you can lay your hands on.