Tournaments

Game ZONE X
14447 Roscoe Blvd
Panorama CIty, CA
(818) 894-0303

Prizes for each tournament:
1st Place-$50 cash, 1 year subscription to Tips & Tricks Magazine
2nd Place-$25 Gift certificate to Game ZONE X
3rd Place-3rd Strike/Game ZOne X T SHirt!

Entrance fee will be $5 per person. 2 out of 3 matches. DOUBLE ELIMINATION. SPECIAL NOT FOR SVC CHAOs: If you choose a regular character, the entry fee will be $5. If you choose a "secret" character, the entry fee will be $10!

The SVC CHaos cabinet contains WICO 360 sticks. The game button layout is top to bottom A C
B D.

The KOF 2003 will be on a 33 inch Neo Geo cabinet. The monitor is now crisp and clear. The Sticks are Ultimate Hard Springs. The buttons are competition CONVEX style. The button layout will be :
B C D
A

WInners will be pictured in Tips & Tricks Magazine!

Questions? Post them HERE!

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
My first question?

Why do we not have one of these in driving distance of Miami, FL?

kc

Belnar Institute Student
i wouldnt go even if it really was 5 min away from me.

you get pissed of when the mexican dude next to you has been play the same rom for months now has just handed your ass to you using to most cheapest tatics to snk videogames.

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
NESFlorida said:

Entrance fee will be $5 per person. 2 out of 3 matches. DOUBLE ELIMINATION. SPECIAL NOT FOR SVC CHAOs: If you choose a regular character, the entry fee will be $5. If you choose a "secret" character, the entry fee will be $10!

I think you meant to say

SPECIAL (Not?!) FOR SvC CHAOS - IF YOU WANT TO WIN, ENTRY FEE WILL BE $10. If you want to lose to horribly unbalanced boss characters, ENTRY FEE WILL BE $5!

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Roscoe Blvd. in Panorama city?

Ghhhaaack!

Panorama City is the most ghetto-est, nastiest nightmare city in the San Fernando Valley.

The Panorama City 'Mall' is the absolute most bedraggled mess of a shopping center ever.

NESFlorida

n00b
The tournament is not in the Panorama City Mall, and the store is quite nice....if you want to fight good comp and people that actually care about the game, then we have a tournament to support it. If you have nothing nice to say, don't post it here....We are just trying to get some players for our tournament.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Sounds like fun, wish I could check it out, but I'll be in VA that week :( Good luck with the tournament,

-Nick

RisingKnuckle

New Challenger
Re: Re: Kof 2003/svc Chaos Los Angeles Tournament Feb 7, 2004

SPECIAL (Not?!) FOR SvC CHAOS - IF YOU WANT TO WIN, ENTRY FEE WILL BE $10. If you want to lose to horribly unbalanced boss characters, ENTRY FEE WILL BE $5!

Too true, what a boring tournament that would be

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Re: Re: Re: Kof 2003/svc Chaos Los Angeles Tournament Feb 7, 2004

RisingKnuckle said:
Too true, what a boring tournament that would be

i think the saddest thing is that competiton wise, Chaos has become the laughing stock even on the neo boards.

i mean, places like shoruken.com and other fighting sites just rip on it like there is no tomorrow; but the fact that the neo sites pretty much AGREE the game is just garbage for competition really says alot about it.

Well, I sort of like the idea of paying more to use special characters. But $10 is seriously not enough considering that special characters can beat regular characters 99% of the time. my friend recently held two seperate SVC tourneys. The first one is with all the characters, and it failed big time. The tourney has 18 people and here are the break down of the characters used
Zero(7), Demitri (4), Geese (4), evil iori(3). NO BODY CHOOSES REGULAR CHARACTERS. This is a tourney and every body wants to win, so no body chooses regular characters. The finals is Zero vs Zero and oh god, its so freaking boring to watch.

We banned all secret characters except for Dan in the second touney and 30 people showed up for the tourney. All the characters were used in that tourney except for choi. The tournement was waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better than the first one. Most of the people over here felt the only way to have a fair tourney is to play without the secret characters. But I feel that paying more for the previlege to CHEAT wont solve this problem. Maybe raising the price a little more to deter cheap ass players. Or even better, ban it. I'm telling you this from personal experiences, more people will join if secret characters are banned. People will have less to say about how broken this game is.

Sure, everybody wants to win and you'll see plenty of Zero players. And for those who plan to use regular characters, you might was well burn your 5 bucks because you'll not going to see it again.

I can already tell you that its going to be Zero vs Zero in the finals, and Zero will win. There, I just saved you some trouble on the out come. Might as well not have the tourny. You guys should ban it and give it a shot. Sure, people will complain about the ban but I would rather have 30 people in a tournement than 18 people.

anyways good luck on your tourny, and hopefully I'm not the one to say "I told you so".

BIG

sony fanboy
Originally posted by Neobuyer:
Roscoe Blvd. in Panorama city?

Ghhhaaack!

Panorama City is the most ghetto-est, nastiest nightmare city in the San Fernando Valley.

The Panorama City 'Mall' is the absolute most bedraggled mess of a shopping center ever.

Ghetto-est in the SF Valley?

Have you ever been to Tujunga or Pacoima?

Panorama City is like Disneyland compared to those two..

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Sleepy_Eyes_ZzZz said:
Well, I sort of like the idea of paying more to use special characters. But $10 is seriously not enough considering that special characters can beat regular characters 99% of the time. my friend recently held two seperate SVC tourneys. The first one is with all the characters, and it failed big time. The tourney has 18 people and here are the break down of the characters used
Zero(7), Demitri (4), Geese (4), evil iori(3). NO BODY CHOOSES REGULAR CHARACTERS. This is a tourney and every body wants to win, so no body chooses regular characters. The finals is Zero vs Zero and oh god, its so freaking boring to watch.

We banned all secret characters except for Dan in the second touney and 30 people showed up for the tourney. All the characters were used in that tourney except for choi. The tournement was waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better than the first one. Most of the people over here felt the only way to have a fair tourney is to play without the secret characters. But I feel that paying more for the previlege to CHEAT wont solve this problem. Maybe raising the price a little more to deter cheap ass players. Or even better, ban it. I'm telling you this from personal experiences, more people will join if secret characters are banned. People will have less to say about how broken this game is.

Sure, everybody wants to win and you'll see plenty of Zero players. And for those who plan to use regular characters, you might was well burn your 5 bucks because you'll not going to see it again.

I can already tell you that its going to be Zero vs Zero in the finals, and Zero will win. There, I just saved you some trouble on the out come. Might as well not have the tourny. You guys should ban it and give it a shot. Sure, people will complain about the ban but I would rather have 30 people in a tournement than 18 people.

anyways good luck on your tourny, and hopefully I'm not the one to say "I told you so".

makes alot of sense, but even without secret characters the game tends to fall apart compared to other fighters. But at leas tthat way it would be PLAYABLE

Greatkiller

B. Jenet's Firstmate
B.I.GPSYCHE said:

Panorama City is like Disneyland compared to those two.. [/B]

AHH see now thats ghetto.....I grew up around there :)

games91999

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
B.I.GPSYCHE said:

so true big, so true...

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
kc said:
i wouldnt go even if it really was 5 min away from me.

you get pissed of when the mexican dude next to you has been play the same rom for months now has just handed your ass to you using to most cheapest tatics to snk videogames.

:eek_2::lol:

kc

Belnar Institute Student
B.I.GPSYCHE said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

big u hate the valley dont you, i have a feeling you do.