arcadia arcade rankings (last month) for jhendrix :)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
1. ss0 (yeah!)
2. gundam
3. puyopuyo
4. snk vs capcom

now i am not 100% sure this is money spent on the games or what, i only checked the mag quickly in my break but it seemed to be the "most popular" arcade games for last month (dec)...

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Yeah, I noticed that too.

I think it's about reader votes or something because that's how Neogeo freak used to do it back in the day.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
oh yeah, number 5 was Guilty Gear XX: Reload/Isuka or whatever the worthless game is called.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
arcadia used to have rankings of most popular based on data collected from about 20 game centres.. that was what i was looking for but i couldnt find it (it was in the non colour section) so i just put up those figs which are prolly as you said "reader votes" game ranking...

they got the game centre rankings in there ew?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
PUYO PUYO?!

Heck yeah :buttrock:.

Is this the NAOMI version of the one that came out recently/is coming soon on DC (with the new artwork)? I didn't know it had a NAOMI port.

Posting from Multimedia class,
Adam

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
It would appear that most people reading this mag are Neo fans. :p

Lemme know if you do find the list of what's actually popular/being played the most in arcades, if they still even make that list anymore.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
JHendrix said:
It would appear that most people reading this mag are Neo fans. :p

Arcadia is the #1 arcade gaming mag in Japan since the fall of Gamest. All arcade gamers read it. It covers a shitload fo genres and games. Not really just the neo. But you gotta understand, the neo geo is the king of the arcade scene when it wants to be.

JHendrix

EvilWasabi said:
Arcadia is the #1 arcade gaming mag in Japan since the fall of Gamest. All arcade gamers read it. It covers a shitload fo genres and games. Not really just the neo. But you gotta understand, the neo geo is the king of the arcade scene when it wants to be.

Me thinks that poll is a little skewed, since maybe Neo fans are more inclined to write in and vote.

Why do I think this? VF4:E ain't at the top, and GGX2 ain't on there. Those have been the top games over there for quite some time according to this supposed semi-official list that's in Arcadia.

I'd like to know what that list says this month, if they're continuing it.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Actually, VF4 Evo and Guilty Gear XX are still on the ranking, but just not as high. Like I said, GGXX is down at #5.

As for voting, I didn't bother to translate how it's done. I have almost all the Arcadias though, so I can probably spot where things changed.

I bet you anything that head to head, KoF 2003 will take #1 against GGXX: Isuka.

JHendrix

EvilWasabi said:
Actually, VF4 Evo and Guilty Gear XX are still on the ranking, but just not as high. Like I said, GGXX is down at #5.

As for voting, I didn't bother to translate how it's done. I have almost all the Arcadias though, so I can probably spot where things changed.

I bet you anything that head to head, KoF 2003 will take #1 against GGXX: Isuka.

Where's VF4E? I find it hard to believe that the game that earned the most money in Japanese arcades is also not the #1 played game. That's why I think this whole "fan voted" list is bull.

Also, you said Isuka was on there, that's not GGX2. And KOF2k3 should win against Isuka, the game is ass from what I hear and from what I've seen on it. Kind of like the opposite of GGX2.

EDIT: Since you have the mag, is there the real list on there where they poll acrades to find out what's getting the most play or is that not in this issue?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
That's the thing. I'm not sure if the ranking is reader derived or arcade derived.

In neogeofreak it was reader based. Arcadia though, has contacts at every major arcade in Japan (ence wher eyou get the high score listings).

JHendrix

Well, any word on WTF this list really is?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i think its just a "what interests you most" list. i will read it properly 2day as its my day off.. it is definitely not the "profits from machines" list that they had in there b4 (like 6 months ago was when i last checked it..)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
ok i checked it today and the list is actually "based on data collected from around 15 game centres" meaning from what i can tell (seeing as no information is given as to how they collect the data and games are ranked on "points") the rankings represent a games "popularity" in other words how much play its been getting. so there you go jh :)

evolution in at 10th place, snkp at 1 and 4 with ss0 and svc respectively, sammy in at 5 with ggxxr or isuka (cant remember which) a ddr game and some other stuff at 6-9..

JHendrix

beelzebubble said:
ok i checked it today and the list is actually "based on data collected from around 15 game centres" meaning from what i can tell (seeing as no information is given as to how they collect the data and games are ranked on "points") the rankings represent a games "popularity" in other words how much play its been getting. so there you go jh :)

evolution in at 10th place, snkp at 1 and 4 with ss0 and svc respectively, sammy in at 5 with ggxxr or isuka (cant remember which) a ddr game and some other stuff at 6-9..

:eek: WOW, that's really really impressive!

I mean wow, really the fact that they're up there is pretty friggin amazing. Especially considering stuff like 3rd Strike and VF4E being so supposedly prominent there. I really can't believe SvC gets that much competitive play, considering how overly screwed up the game is now that I've had a chance to play competitively with it.

Ahh well, good to see SNKP get more money. I still think they're getting bought out by Sammy though, this kind of thing only makes them a much more attractive purchase.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Especially considering stuff like 3rd Strike

sounds like shoryuken propaganda :)

heard it b4.. its not true from what i see. yeah amongst tournament/comp players it is popular but machines are few and far between only being found in arcades that attract comp players (like every one in 5 arcades or less).

evo yeah, its still popular. that game just seems to go on forever in every incarnation.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
JHendrix said:
I really can't believe SvC gets that much competitive play, considering how overly screwed up the game is now that I've had a chance to play competitively with it.

Maybe people aren't playing it for competition's sake, but for fun.

I mean, you know it to be true - SvCC is a fun game.

Yeah, SRK is too competition oriented. :D

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Maybe people aren't playing it for competition's sake, but for fun.

I mean, you know it to be true - SvCC is a fun game.

basically yeah :)

and japanese are pretty good... softbanning zero, geese. not abusing infinites etc (never once had the ramon infinite nor any other done on me in the cades..)

JHendrix

beelzebubble said:
basically yeah :)

and japanese are pretty good... softbanning zero, geese. not abusing infinites etc (never once had the ramon infinite nor any other done on me in the cades..)

Ahh honorable cheapness. :p

Like Terry, Geese (he doesn't need the infinite for domination), Kim, Chunners, etc.

But yeah the game is fun there's no denying that, I mean it's great on Kaillera. I'm very surprized about the arcades not being that much more competitive over there, everything I'd heard was that comp is what everything was about there.

And SRK isn't too comp oriented (ok they are), they just call a crap fighting game a crap fighting game, reguardless of whether the BG's are nice or if they have good intro's/win poses...

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
But yeah the game is fun there's no denying that, I mean it's great on Kaillera. I'm very surprized about the arcades not being that much more competitive over there, everything I'd heard was that comp is what everything was about there.

it is but its always been this way though there were more ppl competing back 5 years ago (at that time maybe 1/3 or arcades had good comp scenes.. the rest medal games, shooting games etc..). now with arcades losing steam the comp players are concentrated in the same numbers but at less locations (monte carlo is the way to go in osaka inner city, i get owned there regularly.. at the moment theyve got:

4 paired kof 03 plus about 3 machines single for practice
2 paired ss0 plus 1 single
4 paired 3rdstrike
3 or 4 paired vf4e
4 paired ggxxr
2 paired alpha 3
2 paired sf2ce
1 paired mvc2
1 paired kof 98
1 paired darkstalkers
4 paired cvs2

And SRK isn't too comp oriented (ok they are), they just call a crap fighting game a crap fighting game, reguardless of whether the BG's are nice or if they have good intro's/win poses...

yeah but they usually give breaks to capcom games they dont give to snk and have very little support for all the latest snk games despite them being more popular by quite a margin on a global scale (no strat sections for ss0 or virtually any kof03 talk). it seems to me if they want 2-d fighters to survive they should give snk some support coz capcoms thrown in the towel (unfortunately)