People looking for replacement sticks for their Candy Cabs

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I know there's a lot of people like myself who are looking for replacement sticks for their candy cabs that require no modifications what so ever. After trying to get Sanwas to work a few months ago I found that the mounting holes were off from the ones in my SC-19. I didn't want to f up my candy so I just modified with pieces from the old ones and new ones.

Well I finally found some nice replacements that are the same mounting size: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13718&item=3264528887
They aren't the exact same in other ways, but they're pretty nice sticks. They're really smooth feeling, not as tight as the original sticks (I may tighten them up though). And the sticks themselves are about a half inch or less longer than the originals, which makes for a slightly longer rotation, but I'm slowly warming up to it.

So if you want some new sticks for your candy without the hassle then try these out, plus if you don't like them you're not losing a lot of money.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Funny, as I have ordered two of these very same sticks. Waiting for them to get to my home. What I want to know is, where do I find the start and select buttons? My select button is FUCKED. Really sticky, and getting stickier by the minute. Any solutions anyone?

Can't wait to get these sticks. How do you tighten them up?

Spike

KMGor

Morden's Lackey
Spike Spiegel said:
Funny, as I have ordered two of these very same sticks. Waiting for them to get to my home. What I want to know is, where do I find the start and select buttons? My select button is FUCKED. Really sticky, and getting stickier by the minute. Any solutions anyone?

Spike

Tightening them, assuming they have no built in way of doing that, would involve opening it up and putting some washers above/below the spring.

Oh yeah, for your select button, what is sticking? The button or the switch? If it's the button, you could try cracking it open and stretching the spring or adding washers. I have no idea if that is really possible with candy buttons though (it'd be a huge pain with American style).

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:

Spike

The start and select buttons can be found at happ in various sizes. Well, start, select itself may be harder to find, but you could use a standard white button for it and it should replace very nicely. Measure the size of the button you need and check out Happ (they have the mini sanwa buttons, that is what I used on my capcom cute cab... which everyone thinks was original).

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Oh and thanks for the link! I've been looking for a stick that didn't need a lot of work. I, like yourself, found the new sanwa sticks didn't fit in my older candy (but fit in the cute fine...) so... although I have newer Sanwa sticks to put in that old guy, I think I will just get these and not change the mounting plate like I had planned.

-Nick

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Hey Nick, if your looking to unload your Sanwa that does not fit I would buy it depending on the model.

Spike: Go to the Excellentcom.net parts section. IIRC they have the buttons your looking for.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I can't see how I would place an order. I want to buy from them, but they didn't answer my email. Hmm.

Spike