The King of Fighters Neo Geo Soundtrack (9cds+1 dvd)

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow!
thats super!
i m guessing that its arranged soundtracks.
great way to kick off the 10th anniversary!
i wonder what else they have in store for this year.
and where to buy this around here.
if you ask me SNKUSA should carry things like this and distribute it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm guessing its the OSTs, as there are only eight KOF ASTS ('94-'00 and KOF Best). I'm curious as to what's on the DVD...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Wierd...

It says it's published by Sony.

I didn't know that Sony put out any game soundtracks.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
tsukaesugi said:
Wierd... It says it's published by Sony. I didn't know that Sony put out any game soundtracks.
I haven't kept an eye on Sony lately, but they published a number of CAPCOM OSTs/ASTs/Drama CDs in the mid-'90s. Until early 1994, the vast majority of CAPCOM-related CDs had been published by Pony Canyon's Scitron label. With 1994 came the theatrical release of the SFII anime film, and apparently CAPCOM struck a deal with Sony to handle not only the anime film's video & LD releases, but also all (IIRC) of CAPCOM's game CD releases for the next year or so (the notable exception to this was the early entries in the Street Fighter EX line of CDs, which Arika had published by Scitron). Sony's handling of such releases came to a close when CAPCOM launched their own in-house CD publication division, Suleputer Label.

As far as this new KOF boxed set goes, I'll check with my supplier to see if this might be something they could obtain for us at Hoteiya Las Vegas. I'm definitely interested in adding one of these to my own collection. I'll see if I can't track down some more details on this product to post here.

--Chris

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
BUMP for update.

Didn't see another thread on this boxed set, and I ran across some more details that I thought I'd post.

> The set will contain 9 CDs and 1 DVD.
> The 9 CDs will contain the original soundtracks (sorry, no arranged tracks) from the first 9 KOF games (KOF'94 thru KOF'02) -- no word yet on whether voice & sound effects tracks will be included.
> The DVD will contain the demo movies from each of these games -- no clarification yet on whether this means opening title animation sequences only, or if this might include in-game demo sequences (such as boss entrance demos) and/or endings.
> The "sleeve case" (i.e., box) that the 10 discs will be packed in will feature artwork by Hiroaki.
> First pressings will include a specially designed boxed adhesive bandage (being referred to as a BANG!-AID).

--Chris

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Oh I think I'll be all over this one. Hope someone close by will carry it.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I think I'll pick it up. Collector or not if you love the music in KOF I think its well worth it.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
The Legendary LoneWolf said:
do you think it would be worth for collectable reasons
Is your question "do you think it would be worth picking up because it's likely to go up in value in the future?" That depends on the number of these boxed sets that are produced, I would imagine. If it's got a low print run (and if it sells out in short order), then perhaps it's value would increase. But if the print run is sizeable (or if it doesn't sell out quickly and there are copies readily available for months (or years) afterward on CD shop shelves), it might not.

What might prove more valuable in the long run (at least, for someone who collects CDs and waits for their asking prices to increase), are the original, individual releases of these soundtracks in mint, never-opened condition (since most of the KOF OST CDs have been out of print for years).

--Chris