Gamespot's Greatest Games of All Time = SamSho2

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Damn straight, they better give credit where credit's due. Gotta love the amount of good things going around about the Neo these days.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
OmegaSaber said:
Damn straight, they better give credit where credit's due. Gotta love the amount of good things going around about the Neo these days.

Yeah, there's some good .... but there are also lots of idiots out there (i.e. EGM) that just bash the graphics and say how dated the Neo is.

That's why I'll be cancelling my EGM subscription and doing the online subscription thing with Gamespot :D .

Anyway, props to the Gamespot for giving SS2 its due credit.

Sigmund

n00b
All Hail Greg Kasavin!

It's funny, I was an old old old school Neo fan, and had sold not one, but two systems off for cash years ago. Then I saw Greg's video on GameSpot about the Neo last Spring...

Since then, I have purchased a modded AES, several AES games, a 2 slot MVS cabinet, and 16 MVS carts.

Oh, and I paid for a GameSpot complete account. I still dig them more than IGN or most of the other online, mainstream news sources. They still report on Neo stuff...

Sigmund

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I finally read the artical and I have to say I agree with all that Greg Kasavin said. I think he's a great guy, and EX Andy is his inferior port.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Awesome stuff. Its about time we got our credit

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
That video brought a tear to my eye, once again I am reminded on why I love my Neo so much.

Games like Samurai Shodown 2, SSV, Last Blade, MOTW, KOF...these truly are some of the greatest games ever.

Forget the best 2D fighters and the best 3D....these are some, if the THE best ones out.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
It warms my heart to hear such great things being said. I personally don't own an AES because I can't afford it at the moment. But I've played those games in the arcade and truer words were never spoken.

Long live the Neo*Geo...

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
Cool, it's refreshing to see a major site give credit to the neo. I just wish EGM would swallow their pride and follow.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
AWESOME. This was a dope game indeed. I used to play it at the arcades as well. What was the latest port to this game anyway? SNES? 3DO? Playstation?

thundr51

Bead Banger
Now if only SNKP could take what made SS2 such a great game and give us another game (not necessarily another SS) I can die a happy man.:D

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Dizzy11523 said:
What was the latest port to this game anyway? SNES? 3DO? Playstation?

I don't think SS2 was released on a non-SNK console. I could be wrong, though.

Sasuke

n00b
It's cool that gamespot's showing it respect, now where is kof 98 on their list :)

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
Impressive,

I was sure that I had seen the last of any type of decent Neo coverage after Gamefan went under. Between this and the recent SNK article in Game Informer, maybe there aren't as many clueless idiots out there as I thought.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
jeff_mangum said:
Actually, it was released for the PSone along with Sam Sho 1 on one disc.

God, that game had the most incredible load times. They were fucking spectacular.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
jeff_mangum said:
Actually, it was released for the PSone along with Sam Sho 1 on one disc.

Hmph. I didn't know that. Was it an import or did it make it to the states?

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
galfordo said:
Hmph. I didn't know that. Was it an import or did it make it to the states?

No, it never made it here, but it wasn't that great of a version anyway. The load times made me want to kill myself.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
No, it never made it here, but it wasn't that great of a version anyway. The load times made me want to kill myself.

Oh, ok. Yeah, since the PS1 drive was only double speed, the load times were probably roughly on par with the cdz.

Glad that you made it through your suicidal bouts with sam sho load times - peace man.

P.S. cool sig - I had a cheap buddy who used to play the hell out of that game while everybody else was playing Doom. Pretty decent platformer for back in the day, IMO.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Heheh, thanks man.

I'm actually directly linking it from 3drealm's web page. :D

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Amix said:
God, that game had the most incredible load times. They were fucking spectacular.

Yep...

And also has about nothing the real versions had, but still better than the 3DO port.

I found funny today to discover a column on a portuguese videogame mag spot Samurai Shodown V !!!! I couldn't believe it !!!

After I saw a few months back an article regarding SNK's memorial and also a Data East one, I was fucking impressed to find another SNK game represented on a VERY VERY VERY mainstream magazine. There was only one bad thing at all... they refered it just as a PS2 port and not a Neo Geo AES / MVS game.
Too bad it ain't got that credit.:annoyed: