fixing warped mini marquees

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I just got a loose Samurai Shodown MVS cart with MM and it's a bit warped. I'm guessing this is because the heat of the lights so technically heating it back up with a flat surface on the top and bottom of it should do the trick. Anyone ever done this or have suggestions? I just don't want to ruin it so I'll take any advice that may be out there before I go off and do something stupid.

Edit: Not being able to wait for a reply, I went to try it out on my own. Well, I found that it's REALLY easy to fix this. All I did was take the marquee and pass it over the flame on the stove top going back and forth about 3 or 4 inches from the flame itself. You can hold it up further if you're afraid you might damage it. Anyway, soon the marquee will start to soften, the edges curling will be the biggest clue, although you should be able to feel the marquee start to give a bit in your fingers. Now you'll immediately take it to a cool flat surface and lay a book or another flat object on top of it. This pretty much instantly fixed the warp in the marquee. Basically have the book in your other hand and have the flat surface (in my case the kitchen counter-top) right next to you and you shouldn't have any problems. A simple fix to a somewhat ugly problem. Just don't catch it on fire!

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
OmegaSaber said:
I just got a loose Samurai Shodown MVS cart with MM and it's a bit warped. I'm guessing this is because the heat of the lights so technically heating it back up with a flat surface on the top and bottom of it should do the trick. Anyone ever done this or have suggestions? I just don't want to ruin it so I'll take any advice that may be out there before I go off and do something stupid.

Though I've never had any warped MMs to try and straighten out..I'd say to put it in a book and put a lot of weight on it for a few days...
Or,just under something heavy and flat..

Funny that it's a Samurai Shodown ..
I'm listing a US MVS cart with original mini marquee tomorrow,with some other MVS carts I have up on Ebay now.
Now that I look at it....the marquee for the one I'm selling has a little warping on the top..
I guess I'll be putting it under something heavy myself..

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Yeah I sold my Sam Sho Kit a little while ago but I wanted the game back so I bid on a cheap auction and won. It's just not cool to have all the other games and not the original.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
OmegaSaber said:
Yeah I sold my Sam Sho Kit a little while ago but I wanted the game back so I bid on a cheap auction and won. It's just not cool to have all the other games and not the original.

Yea,I've listing some of my spare/extra carts this week.

I hear you,I've been popping in the SS game in reverse..I finished 4 then 3...now SSII is in the Candy...then I'll pop in the first one..

I still have the original SS that I bought when I first got my red cab,I'll never sell that copy...and I have another SS kit for a spare with a mint mm..

When I was looking for a mini marquee to sell with that SS cart I found a laminated mm that I have no clue where it came from..
It's crappy though..

I remember when I bought the first SS cart,I paid like $25-30 for it..
Now I'll be lucky if I get $10.00 for it..:(