"Post a poll" feature enabled

Should members have the ability to post polls?

• Yes, we should (about time). Thanks!

Votes: 40 36.7%
  • I'm indifferent and cool with whatever.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Let’s try this temporarily, for a week, and then turn it off. :P

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Only mods, admins, and Judge Dredd should be able to post polls.

Votes: 21 19.3%

• Total voters

Shawn

snkusa.com
All registered members now have the ability to post a new poll on all visible forums. This should bring some fresh new fun to the NG.com forums.

This doesn't mean that everyone here should rush to create a new poll, but rather those who think they have a worthwhile poll may follow through with creation should they wish.

Quick instructions for poll posting:
Simply click Post New Topic, then you will find the “Post a poll” feature located at the bottom of the table. Click the “Yes! Post a poll” box and choose the # of options to be voted on. Then click submit new thread. Follow instructions on the following page. Be sure to think your poll through thoroughly before make the final publication.

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
Again, thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration and providing the function to all the neo peeps. ;)

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
I think i'll ask in the "right channels" (dev team etc) about this. Maybe a patch has been released, or it's a false alarm.

Last edited:

Shawn

snkusa.com
Shinji said:
Actually Shawn, i'm mainly curious on how come, while you were making this thread, it came up under "newest thread" but pointed to an error page.

Error received because I posted the thread but was still creating the poll. Only after the poll is published you are directed to the finished thread for voting & posting.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Nice addition that will hopefully NOT be abused. If the board does get swamped with them (i.e. "Who is better, character A or Character B" polls) I say take them away.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I'm indifferent and cool with whatever...
I'm glad to have the option now to create a poll..

I know there are going to be some great polls and some that are going to run ramped with over abuse.

But,I would have a strict mod watching the polls made and delete them at his discretion before they get crazy..
Then a trip to unregistered island for the creator or permanent ban after warning for abusing the polls option say after two or 3 warnings..
No questions asked..

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Good war room feature... not really sure what else it would be good for ;)

-Nick

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
I think its fine. Whatever. Oh yea, and I voted, so I have the right to complain ;)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I think polls should just be used by mods and such. I can see this stuff being played out pretty quick. I can see having polls to see what people think about posible upcoming changes on the board, or EW having some gameplay polls, but other people shouldn't have access to them. Look at the War Room right now if you need any clue.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
SonGohan said:
I think polls should just be used by mods and such. I can see this stuff being played out pretty quick. I can see having polls to see what people think about posible upcoming changes on the board, or EW having some gameplay polls, but other people shouldn't have access to them. Look at the War Room right now if you need any clue.

If someone abuses it they can just be banned. Simple as that.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
If someone abuses it they can just be banned. Simple as that.

How can you abuse it? Is it that much different than just creating a new topic? It'll be a minor annoyance at best, nothing to get banned over. However, minor annoyances are the things that piss people like me off to no end, so I voted as such.

TheBigBB

SonGohan said:
How can you abuse it? Is it that much different than just creating a new topic? It'll be a minor annoyance at best, nothing to get banned over. However, minor annoyances are the things that piss people like me off to no end, so I voted as such.

I don't really see how posting a lame poll is any worse than a lame topic. And if someone posts tons of lame polls they can be booted for a while. Same as if someone posts tons of lame topics.

I know some people will create really good polls, and it's the good topics that make this site worthwhile.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
I don't really see how posting a lame poll is any worse than a lame topic. And if someone posts tons of lame polls they can be booted for a while. Same as if someone posts tons of lame topics.

I know some people will create really good polls, and it's the good topics that make this site worthwhile.

Oh come on now. How many times have you seen that idiot Ken Masters create a stupid thread "should I buy (insert game)" or "should I sell (insert game)"? That guy has to have at least a dozen stupid threads like that and he hasn't gotten the boot. Why? Because it's not that big of a deal (to the mods). It irritates people like me to no end though.

I think EW really hit the nail on the head when he said you just like to argue.

TheBigBB

SonGohan said:
Oh come on now. How many times have you seen that idiot Ken Masters create a stupid thread "should I buy (insert game)" or "should I sell (insert game)"? That guy has to have at least a dozen stupid threads like that and he hasn't gotten the boot. Why? Because it's not that big of a deal (to the mods). It irritates people like me to no end though.

I think EW really hit the nail on the head when he said you just like to argue.

Discussion/argumentation go hand in hand. It doesn't help your perception of me that we disagree on almost everything, either.

But anyway, you're right, the mods don't usually take action against people posting lame topics, but I guess what I am trying to say is that if someone was posting tons of complete spam topics they'd be booted. It has happened before. Likewise, if someone posts like 5 shitty polls (non-war room) in a row I'm sure something would happen. Even if it didn't, a lame poll and a lame topic as the same; you just ignore it and it goes away. The only difference is one says "poll" in front of it.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
Discussion/argumentation go hand in hand. It doesn't help your perception of me that we disagree on almost everything, either.

I'm not questioning the fact that it does. However, it's rare that I ever see you in a discussion without arguing for something. You create most of the arguments yourself, and most of them aren't needed at all. It is possible to have a discussion without having to argue for every single little thing. You called me out on this thread anyway.

dmhawkmoon said:
But anyway, you're right, the mods don't usually take action against people posting lame topics, but I guess what I am trying to say is that if someone was posting tons of complete spam topics they'd be booted. It has happened before. Likewise, if someone posts like 5 shitty polls (non-war room) in a row I'm sure something would happen. Even if it didn't, a lame poll and a lame topic as the same; you just ignore it and it goes away. The only difference is one says "poll" in front of it.

Yes, but all you're arguing for are the 2 out of every 10 polls that'll be made that are worthwhile. The other shitty 8 polls are going to be all over the place, and right now we can't even control the lame topics as it is - this will only add ammo to the stupid people who frequent the site anyway. Sure, it's easy to say "well if you don't like it then don't read it", but that's the lamest solution to any problem I've ever heard.

So, to reiterate, leave the power of polls in the mods hands. What few good polls that could come out of this will be drastically shadowed by the expected "omg is (user) a moron?!1" that will surely level this place to high hell.

AztekNinja

metallizer said:
If polls become a common thing, won't be that funny anymore.

Well, who said they where funny in the first place? The point is as long as people dont spam outside of the war room, then it should be ok.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Just put a limit on everyone's account of one poll per week. It will help curb abuse...

AztekNinja said:
Well, who said they where funny in the first place? The point is as long as people dont spam outside of the war room, then it should be ok.

I predict every week we will have n00bs starting the following polls:

Poll: Best KOF

Poll: Best Samurai Shodown

Poll: Best Fatal Fury

Poll: Best version of SNK vs Capcom

Poll: Snk or Capcom

Poll: Should SNKP move to a better hardware?

Poll: Are you aware of Carolles Collectibe (Japhei)?

Poll: Should I buy LosJ or Fight Fever?

Poll: Should I sell Quiz NG 1 or 2?

Ppl won't even bother to vote anymore, it's a sad thing in my opinion.

Last edited:

AztekNinja

metallizer said:
I predict every week we will have n00bs starting the following polls:

Poll: Best KOF

Poll: Best Samurai Shodown

Poll: Best Fatal Fury

Poll: Best version of SNK vs Capcom

Poll: Snk or Capcom

Poll: Should SNKP move to a better hardware?

Poll: Are you aware of Carolles Collectibe (Japhei)?

Poll: Should I buy LosJ or Fight Fever?

Poll: Should I sell Quiz NG 1 or 2?

Ppl won't even bother to vote anymore, it's a sad thing in my opinion.

Umm, you got a point but I doubt they'll be that many stupid polls every week. It comes with the territory of belonging to a big forum. There will always be noobs that think these threads never existed before they came along, we just gotta deal with it, like the way we deal with people who post stupid topics and that is just ignore them.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
The only issue I see with this is people abusing the option simply cause its enabled. Like what the lot of us did with html in the warroom back in the day.
Hopefully this is a more mature generation.