KOF2003 Boot....

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Figured this should be posted or maybe added to the FAQ on boots because im sure we can expect the noobs rolling in shortly complaining of their 2k3 being boot.

edit: Link removed.

You can go see for yourselves if you want, I figure it is kind of dumb that people complain about it then post the links, that can act as a sales ad for the auction in question.

Last edited:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
what is this about???

someone selling a boot kof 2003?

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
The lowest I have seen for the legit jamma board is $815. I bet it will drop even more this week, overseas that is. As for US prices, last I heard it was around $2000 and that was a week or so ago.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
i hate this caroles collectibles

every time i search for mvs stuff

this is always the name that comes up!!!

omg get rid of him

i want a strikers 1945 mvs .... no one selling it other than caroles fecking collectibles

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
You know, a lot of people suspect that it's people who don't know better buying these, but I bet it's just the opposite. Arcade ops and people who just want the game in that format now and cheap are probably the ones buying them. Of course there are the few that get burned but mostly it's the people who don't give a dame that keep this bastard in business.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I reported those item #'s as counterfeits to ebay, I think everyone with an ebay account should do this. This bootleg bullshit pisses me off.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
This sucks... :oh_no:

I'm just wondering one thing as there's no pic: can somebody confirm that bootlegs is a MVS cart ? In that case I'm afraid he will sell a looooot of them :blow_top: . Also expect his Illinois sucursal to start selling them as well... :shame:

RVF400

Host for Orochi
i can't report it, it keeps saying i don't accept cookies, but my browser does allow all cookies WTF!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
Unfortunately he isn't listing these 2 items as carts, so other than it being from CarolesCollectables, how do we know those 2 are bootleg KOF 2K3?

The price is a dead giveaway that the item is a boot. I mean, all his SVC jamma boards are bootlegs. Havn't you noticed that Japhei's SVC jammas have a black label on them instead of the light blue one? I find it hard to believe that only Japhei has the exclusive rights to the Black label and that it's still authentic.... Same goes for his Black labeled SSV and MS5 carts.

All newer jamma boards and carts aside from Pochi and Nyaa have a light Blue label/sticker, NOT BLACK. Don't forget this.

Last edited:

RVF400

Host for Orochi
ebay took off an auction that i was bidding on for being fake, even though they had no proof they just banned the bitch and removed all auctions, in this case it should be the same, though hes a power seller.........

SHO

Raiden's Valet
ResOGlas said:
No No No. Yaton's a great seller, he just charges way too much money for shipping. His items are legit, just not in great condition.

oh i'm a noob :tickled:

slerch666

updyke,
ResOGlas said:
The price is a dead giveaway that the item is a boot. I mean, all his SVC jamma boards are bootlegs. Havn't you noticed that Japhei's SVC jammas have a black label on them instead of the light blue one? I find it hard to believe that only Japhei has the exclusive rights to the Black label and that it's still authentic.... Same goes for his Black labeled SSV and MS5 carts.

All newer jamma boards and carts aside from Pochi and Nyaa have a light Blue label/sticker, NOT BLACK. Don't forget this.
Ok, price and label are a dead give away. How do you explain that to eBay? And would they really pull it down because of a black label and the price is WAY too good to be true? I doubt it. If you could somehow get him to admit it's a boot (wasn't he on just a few days ago bragginf how none of what he sells is a bootleg?), then MAYBE, but just telling eBay it's the wrong label (which he doesn't even have pictured, BTW) and the price is too good, nothing will happen.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
Ok, price and label are a dead give away. How do you explain that to eBay? And would they really pull it down because of a black label and the price is WAY too good to be true? I doubt it. If you could somehow get him to admit it's a boot (wasn't he on just a few days ago bragginf how none of what he sells is a bootleg?), then MAYBE, but just telling eBay it's the wrong label (which he doesn't even have pictured, BTW) and the price is too good, nothing will happen.

Here's a link to one of Japhei's Black Label auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3261668661&category=3945
counterfeitjamma

And here's a link to a random authentic auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3260497502&category=13718
authenticjamma

As you can see in the pics, a bootleg Jamma PCB is harder to identify than a cart, but there are subtle differences. Although, the Black sticker is the dead giveaway.

Last edited:

UrAIdIot

Banned
ResOGlas said:
Here's a link to one of Japhei's Black Label auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3261668661&category=3945
counterfeitjamma

And here's a link to a random authentic auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3260497502&category=13718
authenticjamma

As you can see in the pics, a bootleg Jamma PCB is harder to identify than a cart, but there are subtle differences. Although, the Black sticker is the dead giveaway.

First off you are a idiot.There is no such thing as BOOT King Of Fighters 2003.Also There is no such thing as a boot jamma board of SNK VS Capcom. The picture is dark because it was taken with a crappy camera. You people need to get real and stop all this whiny bullshit. And most of you are just speculating without any real proof. You are pieces of shit plain and simple.

UrAIdIot

Banned
Look heres another King Of Fighters 2003 for 350

Man you people are stupid. Do not go by the prices Shawn and trieu and these HK shops quote you.Games are much cheaper to come by then you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3264548263&category=3945

This KOF 2k3 is legit and 350

Also did you happen to think maybe the game is crap and thats why it got a small release just like the CRAP that is Pochi N Nya you are a bunch of fanboys and not real gamers or collectors.

Prices drop on neo geo games because they are not as good as the PRE Playmore Snk made games.Best games in the era were Metal Slug X,MOTW,Baseball Stars 2 and others.Nothing in the past 2 years can stack up to those so the prices fall fast.Look at ROTD for example.

STOP SPECULATING AND START PLAYING THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
UrAIdIot said:
First off you are a idiot.There is no such thing as BOOT King Of Fighters 2003.Also There is no such thing as a boot jamma board of SNK VS Capcom. The picture is dark because it was taken with a crappy camera. You people need to get real and stop all this whiny bullshit. And most of you are just speculating without any real proof. You are pieces of shit plain and simple.

Sure thing. I'm sure the crappy camera made the font on the sticker different too. :rolleyes:

Notice how wide the letters are on the counterfeit. Check out the distance between the MVS logo and the word "SVC". Completely different sticker than on the authentic board.

UrAIdIot

Banned
ResOGlas said:
Sure thing. I'm sure the crappy camera made the font on the sticker different too. :rolleyes:

Notice how wide the letters are on the counterfeit. Check out the distance between the MVS logo and the word "SVC". Completely different sticker than on the authentic board.

If they changed the picture would you shut up?

slerch666

updyke,
Re: Look heres another King Of Fighters 2003 for 350

UrAIdIot said:
Man you people are stupid. Do not go by the prices Shawn and trieu and these HK shops quote you.Games are much cheaper to come by then you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3264548263&category=3945

This KOF 2k3 is legit and 350

Also did you happen to think maybe the game is crap and thats why it got a small release just like the CRAP that is Pochi N Nya you are a bunch of fanboys and not real gamers or collectors.

Prices drop on neo geo games because they are not as good as the PRE Playmore Snk made games.Best games in the era were Metal Slug X,MOTW,Baseball Stars 2 and others.Nothing in the past 2 years can stack up to those so the prices fall fast.Look at ROTD for example.

STOP SPECULATING AND START PLAYING THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!
Time and again Japhei comes in to "protect" his reputation. This is just plain silly. We don't like you here, please go away. I'm sure that by the end of the day this account will be pulled as will all of his posts.