kof 02 on ps2

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
March 04 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Sony)
March 18 - Saiyuki Reload (Bandai)
March 18 - Inu Yasha: The Cursed Mask (Bandai)
March 25 - Super Robot Taisen MX (Banpresto)
March 25 - The King of Fighters 2002 (SNK Playmore)
March 25 - Armored Core Nexus (From Software)

according to the magic box kof02 on the ps2 is due out in japan on march 25.

im hanging for armored core nexus :)

DoNuT kInG

Quiz Detective
*THAT COULD BE TRUE BUT I REALLY DON'T TRUST THAT WEBSITE*

there are a few factors to consider with this games release.

*SNKP wouldn't put such a financial gamble straight after KOF 2k1 and SVC:C has been released.
*KOF 2k1 is so technical that ppl will still be experimenting with strikers... (even though the striker concept was made up last MILLENIUM)
*there are quite a number of nice secrets/features in KOF2k/2k1 and SVC:C
*ppl would be to busy caring about KOF2k3

then again it's been a long 2 years

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
yeah the site is unreliable but in the case of release dates he usually just rips em from famitsu, so i am pretty sure those dates are accurate.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
DoNuT kInG said:
*KOF 2k1 is so technical that ppl will still be experimenting with strikers... (even though the striker concept was made up last MILLENIUM)

yes, after 1000 years humans still research about strikers :smirk:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982 said:
yes, after 1000 years humans still research about strikers :smirk:

I remember my world history teacher back in high school mentioning that striker cheese was pretty high in sword fights and jousting back in the days of Camelot. Sir Galahad had a pretty mean stunning attack that could allow even n00b pages win battles easily. Peasants and lords alike cried for balance, but the King ignored them and ended up making even more of them, even though many ended up being useless and were obscure warriors from the days of old.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
And what if you don't like KoF2K1 and already own KoF2K? SNK can't afford to take a Nintendo stance and go "this is what you're getting this year, play it or shut up!". They'd better get those ports out as soon as possible. It's 2004 already, people aren't going to buy a game with 2002 in the title in late 2004 or even 2005 just because the last port was released fairly recently.

When is SS5 out for PS2, by the way? I'm getting really interested in that game, but for now, the SvC port keeps me occupied.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
I remember my world history teacher back in high school mentioning that striker cheese was pretty high in sword fights and jousting back in the days of Camelot. Sir Galahad had a pretty mean stunning attack that could allow even n00b pages win battles easily. Peasants and lords alike cried for balance, but the King ignored them and ended up making even more of them, even though many ended up being useless and were obscure warriors from the days of old.

Funniest post ever :make_fac:

I think they have taken a bit too long to get KOF 2002 out, unless there are some nice surprise extra features with it, or if they bundle another game with it. It'd be damn cool if they put KOF 94/95 on the disc as an unlockable feature or something, and let's face it, it wouldn't be that hard to do :)

Kaz

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
kof 02's popularity only just started to wane with the release of 03.. so i think a ps2 release in japan will make snkp some money....

each little bit counts, its like advertising for their newer games too.

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
It would be better if they would release it sooner...but getting a release is better then nothing...

EDIT:

I was just on th play asia site and they're taking pre-orders for it:D

Last edited:

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
"in beezlebubble i trust":cool: awesome, now how about some samurai showdown/spirits series on ps2. ( heres hoping)

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Well I'm getting this one. I'm still enjoying KoF 2001 for PS2.

Thanks beelzebubble.