Gamespy reviews kof 2000/2001 on ps2

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
I dissagree with 01 being crap. It exceeds many other fighters no problem.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
"Until I go nuts and buy all the expensive Neo-Geo carts, The King of Fighters 2000/2001 will do just fine."

he called us nuts:annoyed:

snkfever

Cheng's Errand Boy
at least he seems to have played the earlier kofs,

but omfg he cant play with the ps2 joypad what a noob :lol:

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
The least he could do is play the game to a decent level then state an oppinion. Its obvious to me that he played the game for about an hour & he new he was shit & he stopped playing because he forgot what real gamers standard was & went off to play some easy ass xbox/ps2 game that was more his level.

Besides you cant rate good fighting games because we constantly get better at them which makes them even more fun, if people rated a fighting game after only a week of playing then thats madness.

You can rate the game after only a good few years, so where do you go if they gave a fighting game 90% & people where only scratching the serface of it. People get so good at them that they triple there skills if not more, a fighting games limits are the players, shit players can mean shit game, the better the standard of players the more you need to learn to beat them.

Then the game must be-able to be flexible but not broken to let our minds run faster so we can confuse the opponent.

Gai Daigoji

Cheng's Errand Boy
snkfever said:
at least he seems to have played the earlier kofs,

but omfg he cant play with the ps2 joypad what a noob :lol:
Yeah, I actually can't use the PS2 pad for fighters. It's probably because of the sensitivity of the controller, but when I use the PSOne pads they work just fine for me. I'm pretty sure I can pull off all the moves on a arcade joypad that I can with a PSOne pad.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
CBVicious said:

The playabillity comes from who we play really, thats why we like to try to find good players to play.

Also if the game evolves because of its great deph, then that means we are not playing the same game that got reviewed the 90%, as its exceeded thanks to the players.

blackadde

n00b
:spock:

Yes, because it's entirely logical to play one specific game hardcore, at a tournament level, for years, before your opinion becomes valid to a button-mashing public.