New CD system stock pricing!

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Wow, have to give props to Shawn for the opportunity to grab one of these at a great price. As I refreshed the page I watched the initial price for the CD-Z go from $325 to $295!!. Either way was a great price for a brand new CD-Z that you DONT have to import from Japan. Bravo on this one and not to mention only $195 for a new top loader. :cool:

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
Wow now that is really a good price :drool_2: Arghh even though I had not planned on buying one, I'm really tempted now :eek:

RVF400

Host for Orochi
oh god damn it!. i thought it wasn't until 8th of january!, i have just bought a front loader from rimm_rs and now i have no money!, i hope shawn could accept a deposit :crying:

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
solid pricing.

I think this should teach most of the people here about what to expect for pricing of new old stock. it is really only new home cart systems and any rarer home carts that carry a stiff premium. sure there may be a few other odd items that would be priced high but alot of the neo old stock that we see is found in very large quantities, further bringing prices down.

Oh, and RVF400, do not be upset. that front loader you picked up is one very nice peice. if I had the cash I would have picked it up in a second.
by the way. I saw you post that you wanted to get into the neo cd. DO NOT get the CDZ first, go for the top loader.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Wow, I'll gladly eat my words for what I said previously. Great pricing!

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:
Wow, I'll gladly eat my words for what I said previously. Great pricing!

Same here....wow I feel like an idiot.

Xenvu

Zero's Secretary
I just preordered a CDZ, couldnt resist. 295 is a really good price, there is one on ebay now with some kof games for 330 bux plus shipping. Hopefully the CDZ will hold its value.

Xenvu

Zero's Secretary
Was wondering why a post before me mentioned you should not get the cdz if you want to get into the neo cd, it has me a little nervous. Is it just cause its so expensive for only a little increase in speed or is it unreliable?

Thanks!

RVF400

Host for Orochi
it is almost double speed, its just that its known to be unrealible, think of it like the 2-stroke and the aes as the 4-stroke (if u know engines that is). i have seen 3 broken cdzs on ebay in the past week!, i will have one anyway :)

Xenvu

Zero's Secretary
Ah thanks for clearing that up for, so the top loader is pretty reliable then? I had one before I got into MVS and it never acted up on me.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
top loaders are supposed to be the most realible of the 3, but mine died loading LB2 so i won't touch one with a 20 foot pole :D

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Heh, top loaders are about $60 ~ $70 where I live... not new, but complete and in great conditions :-P

I think $195 is a boatload of money for a normal NGCD.

NeoFight said:
Wow, have to give props to Shawn for the opportunity to grab one of these at a great price. As I refreshed the page I watched the initial price for the CD-Z go from $325 to $295!!. Either way was a great price for a brand new CD-Z that you DONT have to import from Japan. Bravo on this one and not to mention only $195 for a new top loader. :cool:

Last edited:

RVF400

Host for Orochi
Re: Re: New CD system stock pricing!

DaemoN said:
Heh, top loaders are about $60 ~ $70 where I live... not new, but complete and in great conditions :-P

I think $195 is a boatload of money for a normal NGCD.

complete for $70, show me!!!!!!:multi_co:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
can these cdz be the unreliable version?

as in snk realise they were unreliable and decide to not sell them any more and stored them

and now it has been found and back on the market???

a possiblity? :annoyed:

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Heya RFV400 ;-)
Move to Brazil!
Hehehe.

RVF400 said:
it is almost double speed, its just that its known to be unrealible, think of it like the 2-stroke and the aes as the 4-stroke (if u know engines that is). i have seen 3 broken cdzs on ebay in the past week!, i will have one anyway :)

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
SHO said:
can these cdz be the unreliable version?

as in snk realise they were unreliable and decide to not sell them any more and stored them

and now it has been found and back on the market???

a possiblity? :annoyed:

Explain please.

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
It's currently 1:15am in germany. I came back ffrom a bar after having some nice old whisky a few hours ago and saw this thread. Maybe I'll want to smash my head against a wall tomorrow morning when I have sobered up, but I just ordered a top-loader and a KoF99 disc. Well, I meant to pick a used one up anyway to replace my cart system and the not-too-impressive cart collection at some point, so this might be the best option really. especially seeing the low value of the $ right now which means that the system, plus the game and the nearly 50$ for shipping translates to only 217eur :) by the way, anyone got some insight into how speedy delivery across the big pond is on average?

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
am i the only one that thinks those prices are too high for a cd system??? asking more than $150 for a (dead) new sytem?? here ive never seen one go for more than a $100 and with games and sticks or pads included. not new but still mint.

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
I see 200eur (250$) being the average for complete boxed near mint systems on ebay here, about 130eur for loose ones. And with those I have no idea how many people have used (abused) it before I got it. With a new one I can be reasonably sure that if it's defect it's just a f**k up by SNK in the production run. So, for me paying 195$ for a factoty new kit is worth it. If you consider these prices to be high I wonder what you actually think about vart prices ;p

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Guys, please DO NOT purchase these as collection/investment pieces. you are wasting your $ if that is the case.
hardware with not much collectibility and a flawed design which leads to problems in the future (if you use it enough) does not lead to an increase in price.
O would only buy one if you were already into neo cd's or knew what you were getting into. by that I mean that I would hate to see a bunch of people buying these systems just cause they are enamored by the fact of NOS systems, trying them out and realizing that the neo geo cd is not all that great to them while they get rid of them on the forums.
So if there are any of you out there who are totaly new to this, do some research first and then decide.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Nice pricing, but I think I'm just gonna save more homecarts. Enjoy your Front-loaders/CDZ to those who order them :)

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
On these boards I somewhat doubt that there are guys around who are completely new to it. I just want to replace my carts as I'm more interested in the older titles and not the new ones and those I'm missing are stupendously expensive as homecarts but readily available as CDs. Also saves shelf space.
Apart from that I'd say the same about AES carts, I wouldn't see those as an investment either. Actually, seeing all the factory new carts and system pop up all over the place recently I guess some of the "investors" are currently close to crapping their pants in fear of some box full of Metal Slug carts being discovered in some corner in a warehouse somewhere.
I play games. If I want to have value in something else than actual money I buy goldbars.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Xenvu said:
Was wondering why a post before me mentioned you should not get the cdz if you want to get into the neo cd, it has me a little nervous. Is it just cause its so expensive for only a little increase in speed or is it unreliable?

Thanks!

It is a little more unreliable. it goes like this:

get a top laoder first (this is a great unit to play probably 80% of the neo cd releases on)

Then get a cdz: it is best as a second step (the cdz is not actually double speed. it only loads a little bit faster. it is ideal for playing most of your fighting games with long load times in between rounds)

I would only use the cdz for games with long load times. this will put less hours of use on it and make it last longer. use the top loader for all other titles.

if you have enough $ get both (maybe shawn can work comething out), if not, simply choose ( I recomend top loader first)

Hope this helps.