IGN reports "NEW" KOF sticks for U.S.!!

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Here is the link and the info looks cool dig the color*

http://gear.ign.com/articles/446/446727p1.html

King of Sticks
Nuby scores SNK license for upcoming King of Fighters Arcade Stick.

December 18, 2003 - Nuby Technology announced today that it will release a The King of Fighters Arcade Stick for the PlayStation 2. The officially licensed stick will ship to retail in December, closely following the release of a special PlayStation 2 The King of Fighters 2000/2001 combo pack from SNK.

"We wanted to develop an Arcade Stick specifically for the avid KOF gamers," said Paul Chen, president and COO of Nuby Technology. "This series of cult fighting games has a following unto itself. This product will bring players all of the features they need to control their character and successfully overpower their enemies. We feel it compliments the game, thus enhancing the overall gaming experience."
"The Arcade Stick is a great way to get the most out of arcade-style fighting games like The King of Fighters," said Ben Herman, president of SNK. "For the avid base of fans out there this is a must-have."

While specifically designed for The King of Fighters series, the stick is compatible with most games. Besides the arcade-style design, the stick has a turbo feature and macro programmability. The King of Fighters Arcade Stick will have ship for $39.99.

nuby_kof_stick_big.jpg

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
OMG that's just the SCII stick with KOF graphics on it.

snkfever

Cheng's Errand Boy
is it the same qualitiy as the scII stick? because a lot of ppl I know like that one ;)

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Another stick to add to the HUGE pile of already bad sticks. IMO if its not basically arcade parts then forget it.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Its hideous.

Honestly, whats wrong with the NeoGeo style joystick with the four attack buttons in a row? When is somebody going to develop a new joystick like that?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Stupid shape and god awful art. Just because it has SNK chars on it doesn't make it good... it helps, but when the artwork BLOWS, I'm sorry. Pass.

Thank JESUS Falcoon's onboard now. PHEW!
Spike

SnkChef

Crazed MVS Addict
I love the art but tat stick looks ridicoulous.I was expecting a 4 button controller for the ps2.Wat the hell is this 8 button piece of shit doing for ps2.Any port games for neo games suck,so do thier sticks LOL!!:lol: :loco:

That stick is not made for KOF fans..wtf is with the 8 buttons first of all. My custom sav stick is more made for KOF games than that:lol: ,for mine has 6 japanese buttons and a 360 stick.

The artwork on that stick is okay though.
You guys are right,that stick is made from the SCII stick and has more buttons thant he VF4 one I think they made too.:rolleyes:

BustAmore

New Challenger
Man, you guys are harsh, but you do bring up a good point. I already have a 50 dollar Pelican controller, why opt for a new controller simply for artwork?

ikazamay

n00b
YUCKKKKKK

what is NUBY TECHNOLOGY?anyone ever bought a product from them?and like Buro Destruct what the heck is wrong with the perfect neogeo contoller. why don't they reproduce it for the ps2.i think it will realy sell well.

anyway since we are talking about arcade sticks did anyone try the svc:chaos fighting stick and how good is it?

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Re: YUCKKKKKK

ikazamay said:
what is NUBY TECHNOLOGY?anyone ever bought a product from them?and like Buro Destruct what the heck is wrong with the perfect neogeo contoller. why don't they reproduce it for the ps2.i think it will realy sell well.

anyway since we are talking about arcade sticks did anyone try the svc:chaos fighting stick and how good is it?

Here's the problem, how many games would support the 4 button layout?

Not many.

KOF 2000/20001, Metal Slug 3, SNK vs Capcom Chaos, and Samurai Spirits Zero.

While I would personally buy a stick designed for those games, the general public probably would not. They would not see the use in having a 4 button Neo Geo layout because they simply don't understand the point of it.

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
I hoped that someone would make an King of Fighters stick. Though unfortunately that has got to be one of the worst looking sticks around. Sure it may function like it should, but it looks like someone has chopped up a piece of wood and glued some buttons on it.

Not even King of Fighters artwork can make a stick as ugly as that to look good. Too bad Hori did not get the license, atleast their sticks look decent :make_fac:

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
Well the sticks look pretty fugly ewwww.God awful art.

You never know it might feel alright...maybe.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Uh, yeah. It has more than 4 buttons because the PS2 controller has more than 4 buttons. That's a rather silly thing to complain about, because its designed to work with other games to (and it would really suck if it didn't). If you don't want to use the top or bottom row, just configure it to use only the top or bottom buttons.

Layout looks a tad goofy though, and the artwork should've been something more simple and placed on the stick in a different way.

Last edited:

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
Not me...the art work looks great but I've spent enough money on Joysticks (I've got a GGXX, SCII and SvC one)...