Merry Xmas Neo Fans

Merry Xmas All

Just to finally confirm our first release for the Neo Geo MVS system will be Neo Bubble Pop - it will go on sale Feb/Mar 04 and will be in MVS cart format.

Further info will be posted on vektorlogic.com and superbubblepop.com in the new year - but here is a couple of screenshots to get you on your way.

Regards

Jeff F

sales@vektorlogic.com

www.vektorlogic.com

NBP+Screen+1.jpg

NBP+Screen+2.jpg

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
It looks interesting.... Will this game come in a complete MVS Kit or just a loose cart?

Can you post a video link to this game...so we can check it out?

Merry Christmas!
:buttrock: :make_fac: :mr_t: :cool:

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Interesting... keep us posted. Oh, what is the projected price?

Not in the office due to the Xmas holidays, but there will be more screenshots in the New Year - some graphics touch ups to be made.

They will be sold as complete MVS Cart kits or complete cocktail table machines

End user price TBD at the moment - the price may be about to vary a little due to the size and quantity of the backing tracks

Regards

Jeff F

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
your link is a search engine? hmmm post better pics please!

are you releasing more than one game? i dont think the price will be more than £90 will it??:spock: for the mvs

and i dont mean to be offensive, but why does it look so....crap?

honestly, i dont mean to be rude, im just saying...i was looking forward to your release...

Last edited:

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
Vektorlogic Ltd said:
Merry Xmas All

Just to finally confirm our first release for the Neo Geo MVS system will be Neo Bubble Pop - it will go on sale Feb/Mar 04 and will be in MVS cart format.

Further info will be posted on vektorlogic.com and superbubblepop.com in the new year - but here is a couple of screenshots to get you on your way.

Regards

Jeff F

sales@vektorlogic.com

www.vektorlogic.com

NBP+Screen+1.jpg

NBP+Screen+2.jpg

bump

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Why such crappy screenshots? And why VGA (640x480) resolution?

Why not just run the game in an emulator and post some good screenshots at real NeoGeo resolution?

Seriously.

The game does not run in an eumlator - the hardware configuration is slightly different for these games and the pxel plotting video cart will be another issue altogether.

The info was posted so that I could get some preview info to the bulletin board for neo fans - no other reason than that. you've got it ahead of everyone else, including trade press. Their info goes out in the new year which will include better screenshots.

This is not a merketing ploy - hence it is in the news and rumours section. I do understand the importance of neo-geo.com in the collection scene and hence I have elected to put some news out to the guys on Xmas day from home - didn't have to, but thought it might be nice as we have had quite a bit of business from private buyers from the board.

I don't really see too much info heading this way directly from SNKP, nor am I convinced that they will continue to support cart based sales for much longer. Carts can be made copy-resistant to a much higher degree than they have currently gone, with a bit of lateral thinking, so all should not be lost for the MVS PCBs in the future. We will support cart based software for at least 2 years to come with the games we are currently working on; the 4 for 2004 are of the following types:

1 - Puzzle - Neo Bubble Pop
2 - Maze Based Character game
3 - Soccer Game
4 - Platform Level Game

There is also a vertical scrolling shooting game which may be slotted into 2004 subject to completion and location testing.

Just a few points though; from starting as a collector as many here are, I am very pleased with the progress we've made in producing these games. ( neo diggerman wasn't one of ours - programmed by Kyle Hodgetts, it was actually written for the Double Dragon PCB and a number of them were sold - called "Dangerous Dungeons". It was never finally completed by Kyle, as usual, and we sold the initial neo version protos as the other half of his partnership owed me some considerable amount of money - hence it was a damage limitation issue)Neo Sparks was a tech demo which should have been progressed - several legal issues with Aruze slowed things down and everything down to plastic cases, memory handling , fix data etc had to be re-written or re-constructed from scratch - hence the 18 month delay in getting titles to market. SNKP are not interested in discussing releases so we are releasing these games independantly.

We will not (for the time being) create any fighting games - that's what the asian producers do best, but there are over 1 million neo geo systems out there in the worldwide market and a reasonable number of their operators don't want fighting games in their locations. It's an expensive business, as anyone in the hardware or software production business will know but I have been prepared to put my money where my mouth is to give it a go. We are also releasing a new arcade system called Raptor at the same time as the neo release which will also feature some of the neo titles, but at a much higher quality level.

I would love to see other productions for the neo system from independant sources. There are a number of people out there who have made good money from the neo geo system over the years, but I haven't seen too many put anything back into the market ( in any shape or form). From collector, to part-time business, to full-time business from September this year, I realize that there is a lot to be gleaned from opinions in the collector world so my ears are open. Constructive criticism is always welcome and "this is crap" goes straight in the filter bin.

Will provide more data/screens when we can pull them off the system in the new year when we re-open.

Here is a sprite from release 2 (or 3) which is currently 85% completed -

Regards

Jeff F

Pacsprite.jpg

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Just wanted to say I didn't mean anything negative when I asked about the screenshots. I wish you guys good luck with the new games.

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
i went to game/eb today and they had this game on xbox!!!!!

what the fuck!? it looked obviously much better, but just seems a bit...uninspiring so i didnt buy it, even though it was like 9.99

yeah i have to say, the more neo games the better though eh?

click this link:

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10126&mid=321562

or on gameboy:

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10439&mid=321891

:spock:

CLICK THIS FOR XBOX SCREENS OF THIS GAME:

http://www.jaleco.co.uk/superbubblepop/index.html

click for video clip of this game:

http://www.jaleco.co.uk/movies/sbp.html

(game kinda gave me a headache lol):loco:

Last edited:
Yes that is the same game - Super Bubble Pop - Vektorlogic purchased the rights to the game from the Receiver handling the administration of Runecraft, the original developer.

Clearly the screenshots for X Box are going to be much better than neo geo. The Raptor version will be the same quality having a VGA and SVGA capability, with 3D accelerated hardware. Future versions of the game will also be more developed; eg PSP and next gen consoles.

Neo Geo has a hardware restriction on the number of sprites that can be drawn on one sprite line, NBP has a 3D stacked display which is sprite intensive in terms of sprites per line. You don't get a full feel for it until you play it, but the 3D effect of shifting your player from side to side changes the aspect you view the playfield from and each of the bubbles - you also end up with a large number of stacked sprites at range - wait until you get to play it and you will see what I mean. We are working on gameplay for our games - not megs of graphics because graphics alone don'e make a game - hence SNK went bust. Audio can make a difference for today's new game players - the new carts are stacked with 128Megs + of digital audio when required (that's about 30 mins of digital audio using channel A ADPCM, which gives the best quality). I'm not forgetting graphical content mind, but it isn't the be all and end all.

KOF 03 is currently on sale with some v nice graphics - for $2000 per unit - 'nuff said.

:glee:

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Thanks for reminding me... I thought that I had seen that game somewhere before. I've played it!!! I bought that game a while back. It is an ok game for $10. I've got the Gamecube version. I was hoping for a cool variation of Bust-A-Move or maybe even <gasp> Buster Bros. but it was no where close to being as good as those classics. It is an ok game that lacks an original hook IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how the game is translated from polygons to sprites as the game is a "3D' game with a lot of color, special effects, and lots of music.

+++SLUG FLYER+++ said:
i went to game/eb today and they had this game on xbox!!!!!

what the fuck!? it looked obviously much better, but just seems a bit...uninspiring so i didnt buy it, even though it was like 9.99

yeah i have to say, the more neo games the better though eh?

click this link:

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10126&mid=321562

or on gameboy:

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10439&mid=321891

:spock:

CLICK THIS FOR XBOX SCREENS OF THIS GAME:

http://www.jaleco.co.uk/superbubblepop/index.html

click for video clip of this game:

http://www.jaleco.co.uk/movies/sbp.html

(game kinda gave me a headache lol):loco:

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
To me ANYTHING other than a fighter is always welcome.

Any chance of a home cart version for any of these new games????

If there is sufficient demand for them, then I will consider an AES version.

Tooling for the plastic case alone is about $40K for a decent tool so there needs to be a run of about 100 units pre-ordered to do home versions - we can absorb the costs over a number of releases.

Jeff F

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
You will have my support when it comes to new release on the MVS system!

But do we really need another soccer/football game for the Neo Geo? Those are the most Crap games any system has in their library........who the hell wants to play soccer?

I look foward to your other games being released in 2004!:buttrock:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
You have to realize, alot of the mvs' installed userbase is in latin countries, where soccer is HUGE. so soccer games will get alot of plays there and in europe.

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
you should do better mrkt research vektor, let me elaborate what i mean.....

the game you are porting wont work too well. and, bbesides that, i dont think there is a lot of demand for that port, its a sub avg game afterall...i mean, why didnt you make a tennis game!? or something undone on mvs...even a freakin skateboard game 2d! or a new football game would be great for everywhere but usa! u know? puzzle games arent really, well, easy to beat when there is bomberman, bobble etc...

just being helpful, not rude...

;)

Last edited:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
any new game to the neo is a bonus! :buttrock:

got to admit i only been a neo fan for only 6 months but i'm loving the machine... no matter what release it is... it is a bonus to the system! mvs or aes.... just the same

SHO

Raiden's Valet
+++SLUG FLYER+++ said:
you should do better mrkt research vektor, let me elaborate what i mean.....

the game you are porting wont work too well. and, bbesides that, i dont think there is a lot of demand for that port, its a sub avg game afterall...i mean, why didnt you make a tennis game!? or something undone on mvs...even a freakin skateboard game 2d! or a new football game would be great for everywhere but usa! u know? puzzle games arent really, well, easy to beat when there is bomberman, bobble etc...

just being helpful, not rude...

;)

probably the price for the right of this game was cheap... dont know just a guess

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
Now come on,all you sceptics!

I am dying to see how this game will look on the NEO-it's certainly something that never has been done on our system before!!

Can't wait for a video....;)

Way to go,Jeff!:D