Arcadia ranks SvCC for best of 2003

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
SvCC got #2 for Best Direction in a Game for 2003 according tolast months Arcadia (I get the issues late ebcause the subscription goes by ground/sea).

Discuss.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Best direction?

Or is it the #2 arcade game in japan?

Clarify for us if you will, and since you have it, what are the arcade game rankings in it?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Best Direction?

Too bad it probably didn't get shit for I dunno.........BEST GAMEPLAY?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Arcadia has a bunch fo rankings. best gameplay, best graphics, best sound, and best direction.

SVCC was #2 for direction. :D

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
"Best Direction in a Game" must mean causing people to turn and go in the opposite direction of where they were headed when they see the game.

HEE HAW I KILL ME

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi said:
Arcadia has a bunch fo rankings. best gameplay, best graphics, best sound, and best direction.

SVCC was #2 for direction. :D

If this steaming pile won best gameplay I'd fucking puke.

Matt

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I think by direction they mean like how the originality of the game was I think. Like the double life bars and beggining dialouge. I dunno if that makes any sence. It's just hard to describe

who was #1

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
From what I've seen, this game has really cool dialogues and such. Maybe that's why.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I think the begining dialouge and story like setting is what won it a best direction award (#2).

It felt like a worlds colliding game and you have to love the whole hell and heaven aspect of it.

Nice to see leaders other than Rugal, Bison, Geese, etc. in the game.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
What a hooker, I thought it was for best game of 2003. That'd be funny if it got that.

(What did get that?)

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
anyhow, the intro, dialogues, and endings were classic, like the great games before the end of SNK.

Maybe the Japanese version of SS0 will win something next time, with it's awesome Japanese only dialogues.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
although svc isn't really a marvelous game, it was better than any other game that came out in 2003 (at least from what i've played). Its kinda sad.

MZero

n00b
hey what about the other awards? I'm sure we'd appreciate it if you just give us the top 3 of each award or something :D

CBVicious

Zero's Secretary
the roker said:
I think the begining dialouge and story like setting is what won it a best direction award (#2).

It felt like a worlds colliding game and you have to love the whole hell and heaven aspect of it.

Nice to see leaders other than Rugal, Bison, Geese, etc. in the game.

Bison and Geese are in that game. :D

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Thats good to hear. Thats what won me over more than anything else about the game. Sure I have some gameplay issues with it, who doesnt, but it is still a very fun game to play and I dont regret at all the 300 I spent on it. Like it was said before it was the whole "two worlds colide" thing it has going for it that won best direction. The rivalry was implimented VERY well. I hope we see a sequel that has all the quality of the afformentioned "direction" with a little more vibrant color and tweeking thoes hit boxes ;)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
hah, cool

It actually won "biggest turd of the year" award, and also got a standing ovation for "reasons why the neo should die in peace" plaque.

from my awards ceremony anyway.