Resolution problem for my NeoGeo AES

Omegagouki

Crazed MVS Addict
I got a neo a while back but one thing has bothered me: the resolution sucks! It's grainy and looks like SNES. This isnt normal. My set up is s-video cable transferred to a RGB adapter that runs through a multi system box(where u can plug in 5 systems in a box and that transfers 1 set of wires to the tv). It isnt the box, cause I directly hooked it up to the tv once(same crappy picture). Any ideas? I love the screen shots I see on the computer and wonder mine look like shit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Give a bit more detail on your setup. Is it a Neo AES or MVS? Running RGB into a Svideo converter, or a AES modded for Svideo output?

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
neogeo DOES run at the same res as SNES. 320x240.
you can't compare emulator screenshots to real pics, emulators use filters to make the picture look smoother.

Omegagouki

Crazed MVS Addict
Arakon said:
neogeo DOES run at the same res as SNES. 320x240.
you can't compare emulator screenshots to real pics, emulators use filters to make the picture look smoother.

God, i hope my problem isnt the case.

Anyways... its a modded neo with s-video. I have the other wires as the regular white/red wires. The s-video wire is s-video to rgb wire. All the wires run from the system to a box, where that acts a hub for the rest of the sytems.

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
If you have your Neo modded for Svideo, then why convert the Svideo back to RGB when you can get that out of the Neo itseflf?

Are you running on a SCART TV with RGB input(5/6 wires), or just Svideo input(1 wire)?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
If you want to see less pixelation, I would recommend just using the regular composite connection. This way, the picture isn't as sharp, and the pixelation is much less noticeable. The downside to this is that you'll have more color bleeding and decreased contrast.

Personally, I much prefer the S-video connection and improved sharpness.

One final alternative that I've tried is to use the X-NEO1 connector that converts your standard NGH output into something like S-video. This unit gives decreased sharpness compared to a standard S-video mod, but also keeps the color bleeding to a minimum. This is most noticeable when you look at Hanzo's (or Galford's) sleeves in Samurai Shodown 2. With the X-NEO1, you won't see any rainbow effects, whereas with the standard composite connection you will.

Hope this helps.

-galfordo