SNK-Playmore dominate!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
snk-play are dominating the arcades over here it would seem.

great news for the company and also the fans.

both KOF 03 (which i am absolutely lovin) and SS0 (which again rocks) are doing VERY well in the arcades with very healthy fanbases which can only mean money/presence and respect for the company.

no other fighters in the 2-d game are getting any serious play (though ggxr is holding on), isuka came out here recently and the machines i saw didnt have any sort of crowd around them, indeed i wouldnt have noticed the game if not for the title screen.

great work snkp.

NO STYLE DM

NEST Puppet
wow , thats great to hear , and if people are playing 2k3 alot that means (except for the fact that its a new game) that its pretty damn good .
i thought so :D

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Cool, well what do you expect anyway, all you need is kof02 & the gaming territory will be ours, that game is too hot.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
That is great news.

Samurai Zero is awesome. That game deserves serious competitive play.

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
FINALLY, some positive feedback on KOF2003... I was starting to think it was gonna be a failure, after hearing some people bashing it hard. God, I hope you're right... although that Duo Lon infinite has left me worried.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
FINALLY, some positive feedback on KOF2003... I was starting to think it was gonna be a failure, after hearing some people bashing it hard. God, I hope you're right... although that Duo Lon infinite has left me worried.

who is bashing it? i really like it.. its tight, very different from recent kofs (aka creative/original/not contrived) and fun to play.

i am not sure about the infinite. havent had anyone do it on me in the arcade, nor even seen it. duolon does seem overpowered though.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Cool news beezle.

Thank god, I was getting sick of hearing about Guilty Gear XX or whatever installment it is currently on.

Nomax

Kula's Candy
Yep, good news! Thnings are different here, all the Neo cabs I see are in some bars fitted with old games (Andro Dunos, Ultimate 11, KOF 97, ...) Arcade operators tell me that only driving and lightgun games work... How sad! :crying:

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Nomax said:
Yep, good news! Thnings are different here, all the Neo cabs I see are in some bars fitted with old games (Andro Dunos, Ultimate 11, KOF 97, ...) Arcade operators tell me that only driving and lightgun games work... How sad! :crying:

well, if they put andro dunos it's logical that lightgun games earns more :P

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This is true in more places then Japan.
At my local cade SS5 gets alot of attention. I thought it wouldnt, but its just the opposite. To bad none of these guys are seriously skilled. Maybe I'll get lucky when I go back.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
This is great news, I am really not surprised, SNK is the best. The Future Is Now!:cool:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Its most likely because Capcom hasnt made anything new that its this way. Most cap fans are realizing this and the SNK stuff gets way more attention. People only have the SF3 series to thoroughly play here. SVC is also popular.

SNK owns the general cade now it seems.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i think snkp is also exhibiting their "effort" with games like KOF 03, the system is completely new to the series and a risky move that paid off. the bgs and story shows an attempt to do better on very old hardware and the new characters are all awesome (been using gato and tizoc recently, they FUCKING rock)

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
beelzebubble said:
who is bashing it? i really like it.. its tight, very different from recent kofs (aka creative/original/not contrived) and fun to play.

I've seen some people bash it hard, saying that it's really unbalanced (Ash/Duo Lon/King/Benimaru/Billy too strong, Leona/Mary/Shen too weak), and mostly that the controls are awful, that your character doesn't do what you want him to do. But don't get me wrong, I'm not judging the game since I've not played it yet. I have a lot of faith on you when you say that it's doing well, and I really hope that it's a great game (it looks like a good game to me so far, despite some people who hate it). Every KOF has lovers and haters (well, maybe excluding 98), so I'll just judge it by myself. At least on the videos, it's looking fine to me so far.

beelzebubble said:
i am not sure about the infinite. havent had anyone do it on me in the arcade, nor even seen it. duolon does seem overpowered though.

It's there. Go to http://www.globetown.net/~zenhan3_m1/ and download the Duo Lon vid or the Hero Team vid from there and you'll see it. But it's not like one infinite is gonna totally ruin the game...

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
yeah ive seen the infinite.. i just havent "seen" it in the arcades so i am not sure how much impact it will have...

controls are fine, the only one that feels funky to me is terry and thats coz his standing HK seems to come out when i do c.HK or cb.HK??

TacoFace

Rugal's Thug
Gato is my main character in Mark Of The Wolves , hes really fun to use and very different . Haveing him in '03 makes me really want to play it .

Tizoc on the other hand , I could pass .....

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
Every time I go two the arcade close to my house the two SVC chaos cabinets are being played. Great stuff...........

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
please dont get bought out by sammy.
please dont get bought out by sammy.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Beelz, when the next arcadia comes out can you post up what the official rankings are for this?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i dont think it will be in the next one, it came out mid december and the mag is out at the end of this month.. prolly in the end of jan edition which i will try and post :)

BIG

sony fanboy
It's nice to hear that SNK-P is getting some positive feedback from where it matters most,the public. It seems like their hardwork is finally paying off.

SS Zero,SvC,and Matrimelee are some of the finest games available for the Neo,period.

I hope they're here to stay this time around.

Keep up the good work!