Huge NEO GEO history article in Game Informer!!!

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
any links? scans?
what issue is it? :spock:

KMGor

Morden's Lackey
January. It incorrectly states the MSRP at launch at $899 (wasn't it $599? Or maybe I'm wrong too). Decent history, but they should have mentioned the Neo Geo is still alive (they imply it is dead in the article, which is very innacurate).

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
The article is nice in a sense that it does SNK tribute but, it's pretty bad. They state MS3 was a japan exlcusive which I'm pretty sure it isn't (my knowledge isn't extremely vast) and compared to some of there other articles this was a joke filled mostly with pictures and barely any article. It did mention Sam Sho 5's soon release which is nice.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
It's an ok article, it's pretty generic though. Just like whenever any magazine or website talks about SNK they mention Ikari Warriors being awsome. I like the NEO-SNES cart comparison they did, I've never seen a NEO cart in person so I had no idea it was that big. I also found the Metal Slug 3 "japanese only" caption to be strange as well. The full page KOF EX2: Howling Blood add was better though :annoyed:

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I read it..It was pretty cool to see a good amount of room in a new magazine spent on the Neo Geo..

I get the magazine free for 3yrs because of a fk up they had with my account..

It was nice to see the Neo Geo in the latest Game Informer magazine..

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Here's a Part of it..

gi.jpg

Godammit, that article sucks man, just like every other article about the NEO I've ever read. Any journalist that writes about our machine always fucks things up, stupid things that would be correct if they would just do a little research for christs sake.

I hate articles like this that are so generic in its description of the NEO GEO. Just look at that page!, its got about 5 fuck ups in it " a 16-bit 6800" ??wtf? This is why I stopped subscribing to game magazines all together, I came to realize that these fuck ups don't actually know jack shit about games, they're just journalists talking about games, not gamers talking about games...why don't they just call themselves Game MisInformer.

I have the issue in my hand. Its a 3 page article showcasing the arcade, homecart, and NGPC stuff. They butchered the hell out of it. OMG the pictures they used for examples aren't from the best SNK games either. Instead of talking about World Heroes, they should have been discussing Garou. Instead of NAM'75, how about Shock Troopers? Damn either GI are a bunch of idiots or we here at NG.com are nerdier than we thought.

Its good the Neo got some recognition however.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
N-G.com should make it's own magazine. It's pretty much the only way it would be done right. :smirk:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Do they still think SNK was created in 1990 by former Capcom employees? :p

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah SNK was creaed by the same capcom exoudiouses that made "Saturn of Satan"

Game Informer??

I thought they changed thier name to Sony Spin Doctor.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
I OMG the pictures they used for examples aren't from the best SNK games either. Instead of NAM'75, how about Shock Troopers? .

That has to be one of the most idiotic comments i have heard in a long time. Especially due to the fact that it is from a neo fanboy.

Christ, NAM 75 is one of the games that put the neo on the map. Miles better than M.Lord as well.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Game Informer? These guys said that KoF 2000/2001 was for the NGPC a couple of issues ago. They can praise the system if they want to, but it will be praise coming from idiots and fools. And who wants praise like that?

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I thought Metal Slug 3 was only available on the teh Romz.

Metal Slug 5 got a super tiny write up in Edge magazine this month. It doesn’t say much about it though and doesn’t mention that it is going to get a home release either.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Mad Mage said:
Game Informer? These guys said that KoF 2000/2001 was for the NGPC a couple of issues ago. They can praise the system if they want to, but it will be praise coming from idiots and fools. And who wants praise like that?

Yeah I saw that not too long ago. My roommates and I got a kick out of it.
But what else can you expect? Just be glad that the Neo is getting some love. Yeah that love may very well be weird, awkward, and maybe even a little late...
But at least it's gettin it.

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
Electroman said:
Instead of NAM'75, how about Shock Troopers?

hey now, nam 1975 is one awesome game. i still play it to this day over a lot of my neo games.

KMGor

Morden's Lackey
Nash said:
hey now, nam 1975 is one awesome game. i still play it to this day over a lot of my neo games.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. I think Cabal is better though. That dance owns me.

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
KMGor said:
Yeah, it's a lot of fun. I think Cabal is better though. That dance owns me.

really? i own cabal for the NES but haven't touched it yet? how is the NES version?

KMGor

Morden's Lackey
Nash said:
really? i own cabal for the NES but haven't touched it yet? how is the NES version?

Identical to the arcade, only with somewhat worse graphics. The victory dance + music is sublime, I think I'm gonna make that my avatar...