Rainbows!!

Stokers

Geese's Thug
Someone please tell me what these coulors are !

they appear on the power and guage bars of my KOF 98 - is this due to the machine or the game? or the crappy snk lead

i have a high serial jap aes and im using the origianl video lead.

Its really pissing me off :)

Matt

Kuroko's Training Dummy
That's just the crappiness of NTSC composite video that you're seeing. Get a scart cable, and everything will be OK.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
errrrrr.... I get the same on Matrimelee (ill check KOF later).

And i have a scart Lead :(

help!

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Update !!!

I just checked my neo and plugged in my neo scart into the other scart input at the back of my telly and the rainbows disapeared.

So.... just bear in mind that if you have multiple scart inputs, usually they are not ALL Rgb enabled.

Another game that there was an issue over color bleed - Last Resort is now crystal clear (i always pause at the 'pipe' bit to see how clear the resolution is.

HOWEVER

I have noticed that whilst the rainbow and bleed problems have completely disapeared, the screen now appears to have a fine grid over it - imagine semi-transparent scanlines both horizonatally and vertically. Any ideas ?????

I think i can live better with the 'grid' than with the rainbow effect tbh.

Matt

Kuroko's Training Dummy
bloodhokuto said:
Update !!!
I have noticed that whilst the rainbow and bleed problems have completely disapeared, the screen now appears to have a fine grid over it - imagine semi-transparent scanlines both horizonatally and vertically. Any ideas ?????

I think i can live better with the 'grid' than with the rainbow effect tbh.

This is the legendary "late-model Neo crappy RGB". If it bugs you, there's a very simple mod to fix it (someone around here must have a diagram for it).

Although, faint vertical lines are a lot better than crappy colours and dot crawl all over the place.