Kof In Sydney N.s.w Australia Plus Small Review

DoNuT kInG

Quiz Detective
For all people in sydney NSW australia thinking it will be at least another month until KOF 2k3 comes out here yuour wrong! There is a machine playing over in chinatown but the catch is find it for yourself! I've only seen a few people along with me playing it becoz not many people know about it... it's in english but anywayz...

Graphics: ***NOTHING LOOKS OUTDATED(SERIOUSLY)***
Art:Falcoon ROCKS end of story. Looks like anime style...nice visual trick to get rid of that 16 bit dodginess... Intro even has animation. no dodgy tricks like CVS2.
Backgrounds: NICE...NICE...NICE they are nice as it is all smooth.
people and cameoes such as kula and choi. When i played i fought in some old rocky street, some place infront of a grey pyramid,infront of a train,on a jetty and a desert. I saw some autumn looking place which looked nice. Great contrast in colors.
Sprites:
It's true there are a couple of frames added here and there. Nicely done. Benimaru looks kinda weird this year wearing kinda like a leapord design on his CVS2 outfit but he's still COOL! Iori has a new DM and kyo looks like pre 99 but now, i so don't like his dark green pants. Many characters turned back to there fatal fury style (Yamazaki and Billy) and terry is sorta garou style without that ching chong writing on his jacket. Shen is cool but what a SHIT name to such a cool guy. Effects and projectiles look like theyre not 16 bit like ashs projectile move and tizocs DM where he flies in the air... except athena (PARTY POOPER !)same old effects for her moves...

SOUND: ***BELIEVE IT OR NOT I COULD HERE IT AND IT ROCKS(LITERALY)***
It is mostly comprised of fast rock... kinda like offspring's want you bad and system of a down's chop seuy but slightly lighter. You don't notice the MIDI but when listening closely you notice it's there. Me being a skatie obviously LOVES the music(ROCK ON KOF2k3!!!) Punches and kicks sound great and i noticed that when you do a DM it is now a differen sound. High pitched clapping sound in a way. Voices sound the same though a few characters have new dubs probably. i think kyo has a new voice or just redid his lines.

STORY:
I dunno much coz people kept on challenging so yeah.. you know... though the boss is a feamle looking rugal with a genocide cutter and the stage it is in is called black noah (any resemblence here?) someone dies in the end or something... Chizuru is back and kusanagi is not playable.

EXTRAS:
MVC2 tag stuff in with a bit of extras NICE! various winning quotes NICE!! character select NICE!!!
Obvious differences from MVC2:
*No gaining life when out of battle
*Delay in tagging. No more cheap X-MENVSF stuff
*No super jump
*No striker like assists- or any assists at all.
*No everyone get in an super combo crazy like in MVC2
*Has Roll
*Has S.CANCELS

PS: My Team is still the same ! but sometimes with a new guy!
Benimaru, Ralf and either Yamazaki or Billy... and now shen

...and if you see it in the skate park my tag is SKITZ

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Do they have it at Galaxy world in Haymarket?...Or is it in that little games and anime store downstairs?

NO STYLE DM

NEST Puppet
thanks for the review man , it sounds awesome , and i could hear little music in one of those clark vs shingo videos , it sounded wonderful from the little that i could hear .

autumn stage , you mean like last blade

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
Goddamn City's arcade controller just plain suck. :(

I betta check Burwood tomorrow.:D

Fatalforce

n00b
meh...¬_¬ when is Melbourne getting it...hopefully the arcade owners here arent waiting for the bootleg release. >_<

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Wolferaizer said:
Goddamn City's arcade controller just plain suck. :(

I betta check Burwood tomorrow.:D

The contollers at Playtime don't suck.Although at Galaxy World across the road they are always playing up.

...and I doubt if Tommy will have it at Burwood yet.He normally just waits for the bootleg release:smirk:

Last edited:

DoNuT kInG

Quiz Detective
the controls at playtime george street suck

Galaxyworld and playtime are getting it before 2004 CONFIRMED

problem is the people that play their are shocking

ray_7

Anyone from Perth here?

Wanna know if it's released there already or not? I'm overseas at the moment...

DoNuT kInG

Quiz Detective
in response to ray_7

quote from Kyo in KOF2k1

*** . . .I'm not in your bush league. ***

so i dunno

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
DoNuT kInG said:
in response to ray_7

quote from Kyo in KOF2k1

*** . . .I'm not in your bush league. ***

so i dunno

Tell me "Donut King" is it your immaturity that makes you within 24 hours or so of joining up on these forums, begin to be a smartass to people who have been on these forums for quite some time and act like a typical "newbie"?

Nobody cares about your stupid little place that has KOF 2003.Why do you bother to hide it and play games?No one cares so please just be gone.

GROW UP

DoNuT kInG

Quiz Detective
Man, Like don't screw up a review you so can't write. It's just a lil joke

... but to tell the truth i really dunno wehen it's comin out to W.A

I hope soon though. at least i have somehwere to play coz i'm going their soon!

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
Shut yer holes, matey. :p

None of the sticks at City are good. The panels kinda shaky, buttons popped up, blurry screen & too crowded.

Best controller only at Parra. Coz whenever I complain abt their broken stick, they'll fix it asap. Unlike the city counterpart... they dont even care.

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Mega Shock!!
yeah, a lot of the arcaded don't even care, and the controllers suck !! Ruining the experience. My arcade never changes a controller stick....:(

DoNuT kInG

Quiz Detective
***Confrimed stuff***

*you lose when your leader dies

*Kusansgi not playabel (not without a code anyway?)

*Cannot block while tagging

*No assists at all

*Counts are 1.5 secs

*Fussy: Never seems to be a draw in time over no matter how close it looks never seen a double KO

*QCF BC/BD tag attack. opens up to a possible combo starter

*No tagging while in a combo

*No hidden DM's from last year - maybe a set of new ones

*Ioris new DM is not orochi iori's exceed in SVC.Chaos

***Small Things Noticed***

*Some of Kyo's lines have been redone.

*During ending someone not playable dies(for a mixed team-eg terry,yamazaki,ash) in one team. - unknown if teams have their own endings *Sorry no spoilers*

*Seems to be 99/00/02 style.
'99 character select format and order select format and use of colors in background
'00 background for character select and use of colors in background
'02 order select

*Choi,Kula,K9999? seen in background

***Backgrounds/Stages***

*in a cemetery.
seems to have fog on the ground
tree on the left
alot of tomb stones
a hill is their with grass on it
a tree on the left section and 2 on the right
pyramid? color grey in background

*on a jetty on a bay
has water behind the jetty
throughout the left seems to be a fort medieval style with chains
3 people on a canoe one of them looks like choi
a person is standing on a hovercraft cheering or laughing
a hut with a plasma screen is on top of the guy on the hover
there ere a whole bunch of unattended fishing boats
there is a blimp on top with a 2 huge screens on it

*infront of train
has a few cameos kula being one of them
seems to be on a desert
lots of people
has a 4WD in the background. or is that CVS2 anways
has a steam train in the background with carriages

*in a london street
there are 2 sections behind a terrace style shop/house
shadows of rocks,lamps and buildings done very well
back of building/house has like a circular design like a dart board
the ground also has a circular design like a sun
people are in the raod and pathway of the street

*Autumn stage
looks like osaka because of that temple. minor boss stage in CVS2
leaves and tree shape look like a tree common in Japan
has a building on the left on the side
left side of building has a banner with japanese/chinese on it

*Desert stsge
cameo of saddam and osama. not...how funny would it be though
Has people and camels in the background
statue of a person or something in the right of the background
coconut trees in the background left and right sides
has a wall in the background with pillars on it
one of the pillars has fallen down

there are at least 2 more i think but like...so... yeah...

Fat Cat Lim 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Wolferaizer, don't bother. Donut King is talking out of his ass.

I've been to Games Infinity and Galaxy World at Market City today (26th December). Looked all over Chinatown together with heb and another friend.

NOTHING. Nada, Zip, Zilch, Neit.

Galaxy World and Playtime at George St still don't have it, but it's supposedly on the way. Hopefully by next week. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Donut King is bullshitting. If there really has been a KOF2K3 machine in Sydney in some small shop for over a week now, the word would have gotten out. After all, Sydney Chinatown isn't the most biggest motherfucking place on earth. Everyone I've met haven't heard anything about this so called secret shop that has KOF2K3 that only a few people know.

Seriously. Don't waste your time coming all the way down to the city for nothing. If it's not here today, it's most likely not going to be here tomorrow. Deliveries are more likely during the weekdays, on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. If it really comes, I'll post here and let you know.

Cheers~

P.S. I created this new account 'cause I forgot my old account password. -_-;

Ug Lee

n00b
Something tells me I'll be waiting a while before my local arcade (as in the only one in the area) gets this game. They only recently got KOF02. :angry:

Thank Geese for Dreamcast. :buttrock:

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
Fat Cat Lim 2 said:
Wolferaizer, don't bother. Donut King is talking out of his ass.

I've been to Games Infinity and Galaxy World at Market City today (26th December). Looked all over Chinatown together with heb and another friend.

NOTHING. Nada, Zip, Zilch, Neit.

Galaxy World and Playtime at George St still don't have it, but it's supposedly on the way. Hopefully by next week. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Donut King is bullshitting. If there really has been a KOF2K3 machine in Sydney in some small shop for over a week now, the word would have gotten out. After all, Sydney Chinatown isn't the most biggest motherfucking place on earth. Everyone I've met haven't heard anything about this so called secret shop that has KOF2K3 that only a few people know.

Seriously. Don't waste your time coming all the way down to the city for nothing. If it's not here today, it's most likely not going to be here tomorrow. Deliveries are more likely during the weekdays, on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. If it really comes, I'll post here and let you know.

Cheers~

P.S. I created this new account 'cause I forgot my old account password. -_-;

Yeah I figure this guy TOTALLY FULL OF CAMELSHIT. I havent got any chance to go to city yet, but my fren told me there are no '03 at city's arcade at all.

Here at Parra they told me they getting it last week, but now delayed again. Cant blame em, maybe they getting bootleg instead since SNKP prolly wont even care for the arcade in the country name Australia.

Good to hear you back here again. Maybe I'll see u new year. :)

Fat Cat Lim 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
KOF2003 is now in Galaxy World, George St, Sydney. It just arrived today.

I'm off to play it now~

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Fat Cat Lim 2 said:
KOF2003 is now in Galaxy World, George St, Sydney. It just arrived today.

I'm off to play it now~

I just played it this afternoon!...It feels rather slugish but i think, like SVC Chaos once you get the hang of it the gameplay will be fine.

Fat Cat Lim 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I was pretty much there the whole day, till closing time 20 minutes ago. Yeah, the game feels...weird. Slow, but fast at the same time. Didn't help that it's on the crap cabinet instead of the best cabinet in the middle. But the manager told me that he'd move it to the middle cabinet by Friday.

Fat Cat Lim 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm thinking of going again in the morning as it opens up, because there were so many challengers today that I hardly had enough time to practice.

A note though, it's a Japanese KOF2K3 unit.