4 slot sound problem

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
I have a problem with the sound from my 4 slot. It works in test and the soft dips are set for demo sound on. It works on some games but not on outhers like MS1 MS2. I know these work when they are in my 2 slot cab. I have powered it up and a fue times the Z80 comes up, turn the power off/on and no Z80.The boards on the 4 slot are dusty could it be the problem? Or could it be a bad chip? It seems like this is a problem wit a lot a 4 slot boards.
:(

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
NO MS games sound will work in this 4 slot or KOF 99. The sound will work on only on the first 3 slots but if I put a cart in slot 4 the sound wont work on all 4.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
try cleaning your carts and your fourth connectors.......

other than that...... sometimes a four slot is picky about what carts go in what slots.... Justl like my computer Motherboard won't let my modem in the 4th slot, or my video card in any slot but the bottom one.....

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
norton9478 said:
try cleaning your carts and your fourth connectors.......

other than that...... sometimes a four slot is picky about what carts go in what slots.... Justl like my computer Motherboard won't let my modem in the 4th slot, or my video card in any slot but the bottom one.....

I agree..
Try opening the carts and cleaning every prong..
I would also clean the mother boards prongs..
I used a cardboard nail file..

I have problems with certain carts in the 4 slot at times..

Some mixes of carts will cut out the sound..
For instance..
I can't have Kof 01 in the 4 slot with Double Dragon..
The sound will go out as soon as it gets to Kof 01 in the second cycle around...no matter what arrangement I put them in.
I bet there are more mixes..that don't work together.

The sound will go out when I put Kof 00 and Kof 01 in the cab together too,..Kof 01 sound will go out.

If I ever get/got a Z80 error it always meant I have a dirty cart of the mother boards connectors are dirty.
It's usually the dirty cart for I was putting in a cart that I just got and was to lazy to clean the prongs real well.:envy:

I recently got a Neo Geo Cup 98 and it seems to do the same thing with the sound going out when I have it in with Capt Tomaday/Last Resort & Baseball Stars 2..

I'll put it in with other carts and it's fine..I haven't narrowed down yet what cart it's not working with though.