KOF 2003 Story in English?

tbogard99

New Challenger
I have not read any confirmation if KOF 2003's story was translated to english. Can anyone confirm this? Is the English PCB of this even out yet or is just the Japanese version out right now? It's unfortunate that this question even has to be asked, but after Sam Sho 5/0 debakle apparently it is now a real concern for us that read english. Thanks

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
yes it has been translated on the English section of SNKPlaymore.co.jp

Fatalforce

n00b
i think he meant the actual game, i've been hearing ppl saying that the endings etc. are in japanese. but since they even bothered to make a English KOF2003 site, then it would be logical for them to have English mode in-game.

G

galfordo

Oh no .... not another Sam Sho V type story butchery.

Hopefully this myth will be dispelled.

tbogard99

New Challenger
Fatalforce said:
i think he meant the actual game, i've been hearing ppl saying that the endings etc. are in japanese. but since they even bothered to make a English KOF2003 site, then it would be logical for them to have English mode in-game.

Yes that is what I meant, the actual game itself. Has anyone seen, or heard about if the US arcade PCB of KOF 2003 has english text and no scenes removed? Sorry for the confusion.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The current released PCBs are preview Japanese versions. The full, regional supported JAMMA PCBs should be out fairly soon, with English and Spanish text.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I just checked out the english site, i love how they have given all the fighters stats and info about them

It all looks top notch.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Everybody should edit their posts to replace "English" by "Engrish". :D

Oh, and "Spanish" for "Spamish" :multi_co:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
the artist needs to take a class on figure drawing.

I mean, conceptually, it all looks good, but the proportions/perspective is off on limbs like upper arms and thighs...

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi said:
the artist needs to take a class on figure drawing.

I mean, conceptually, it all looks good, but the proportions/perspective is off on limbs like upper arms and thighs...

That's just the way he draws though. He tends to emphasize mainly the hands and feet. I like his work since he doesn't go for perfect proportions... makes 'em look more chunky. I think that's really cool.

Plus he gives most of his subjects cool boots.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Domino-chan said:
That's just the way he draws though. He tends to emphasize mainly the hands and feet. I like his work since he doesn't go for perfect proportions... makes 'em look more chunky. I think that's really cool.

Plus he gives most of his subjects cool boots.

True. Yet I still think Falcoon is totally unable to properly draw cute girls. He only can do the slutty one. If he try to make one looks cute, he just ends up creating this pseudo-ero-doujin character...

Ah, poor Yuri.

I'm happy now Kula is not in KOF2003.

tbogard99

New Challenger
So now that this game has made it's way into USA arcades can someone confirm if the in-game story is present and in English? Or do we have another Sam Sho 5 on our hands?

Thanks