Bugs in MS5

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I've noticed in Video 6 from www.snkneogeousa.com than almost at the end the player make som slides...

look closely at from 1:25 until the end (1:34)

Marco is using the HeavyMuchine gun but when he slides THE HEAVY MACHINEGUN DISAPPEAR and he have THE NORMAL GUN instead...

is possible that SNKP haven't done the animations for sliding without the gun??????

That are the kind of errors that make a programmer to be fired :very_ang:

Something similar happened in MS4 when you burn one of those guy who turn you into a monkey... when they burn magically transform into soldiers and when fire disappears they're burned professors...

Setsuna1982

World Her,
another bug...

in video #7 (the boss fight) look that the boss have 4 cannons. But only the top one moves when firing.

In fact when a bullet (well, or missile or whatever it shoots) comes from onw of the another cannon the top one animates!!

I.E: First shot the top cannon --> It goes backward. Normal
Second shot. The botton cannon --> The cannon that goes backwards is the top one!
Third Shot --> Right cannon --> Again the one that moves backwards is the top one but the bullet come CLEARLY from the right one!!!

WTF! How playmore can pass such errors????? I don't like how it's shaping up. :shame: :shame:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Maybe this was not the finished product?

Setsuna1982 said:
I've noticed in Video 6 from www.snkneogeousa.com than almost at the end the player make som slides...

Marco is using the HeavyMuchine gun but when he slides THE HEAVY MACHINEGUN DISAPPEAR and he have THE NORMAL GUN instead...

is possible that SNKP haven't done the animations for sliding without the gun??????

That are the kind of errors that make a programmer to be fired :very_ang:

Something similar happened in MS4 when you burn one of those guy who turn you into a monkey... when they burn magically transform into soldiers and when fire disappears they're burned professors...

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Re: Re: Bugs in MS5

xtoo_short20x said:
Maybe this was not the finished product?

i hope that. because if that's from the final version... well... it's something to be worried about :oh_no:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Re: Re: Re: Bugs in MS5

Setsuna1982 said:
i hope that. because if that's from the final version... well... it's something to be worried about :oh_no:

Maybe some of the new MVS MS5 owners can confirm this?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Whether or not these are in the final versions, I will say two things right now:

They wouldn't affect gameplay. They wouldn't be bugs; they'd be poor animation.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
Whether or not these are in the final versions, I will say two things right now:

They wouldn't affect gameplay. They wouldn't be bugs; they'd be poor animation.

Poor animation is a defect that should have been caught in testing and writen up as a bug. These detract from the consistancy of the game and give an overall less quality feeling to the whole title. Any Quality Assurance group worth their salt would have fought for these to be fixed, but, as seen in many new releases, QA at SNKP is HORRIBLY LACKING! Any unexpected or unwanted behavior in a program is a bug.. bad animation is a software defect. Sure it doesn't cause a crash, or make the game unplayable, but to some it makes it less fun. Of course, I only spent 7 years testing software, what do I know?

-Nick

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
nruva said:
Poor animation is a defect that should have been caught in testing and writen up as a bug. These detract from the consistancy of the game and give an overall less quality feeling to the whole title. Any Quality Assurance group worth their salt would have fought for these to be fixed, but, as seen in many new releases, QA at SNKP is HORRIBLY LACKING! Any unexpected or unwanted behavior in a program is a bug.. bad animation is a software defect. Sure it doesn't cause a crash, or make the game unplayable, but to some it makes it less fun. Of course, I only spent 7 years testing software, what do I know?

-Nick

I wasn't arguing that.... I was just saying it wouldn't affect gameplay. I do have a few more things to say, though. First, someone with a final copy needs to confirm these. Second, the gun "disappearing" during a slide wouldn't be an inconsistency necessarily. You always have the hand gun. I'd have to look at it again. Third, no one has mentioned this yet, and I didn't notice it when I watched multiple times, so it can't be that bad of a problem. I also completely disagree with the idea that a game is less fun because of minor graphics things like this. Just use your imagination a little. Like I said, he always has the handgun, so maybe you could just say he tucks the other gun away when he slides? I don't know. It's not like a big glitchy sprite jumps onscreen and you can't even come to terms with it...

By the way, if you're suggesting that small graphics or play issues like this are a SNKP specific problem, then you're full of crap, no offense. You didn't say that specifically, just that SNKP has had some issues with that, and I'd agree, although I wouldn't agree that SNK was perfect! And yet, I love my Neo-Geo. I see it as nitpicking unless it's some glaring issues (SVC maybe? I never played it, but people thought it had glaring problems...)

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982 said:

Instead of jumping to conclusions, you could ask us that have it about it. The answer is, the gun is ALWAYS there when sliding. Must be just an early copy of the game?

Don't worry.
Spike

EDIT: Furthermore, I'm so picky about ANYTHING like this (I bitch about Iori's head once a day, it seems) that in my big review that I gave about MS5 a week or so back, I would have mentioned it. Again, don't worry, all!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
I wasn't arguing that.... I was just saying it wouldn't affect gameplay. I do have a few more things to say, though. First, someone with a final copy needs to confirm these. Second, the gun "disappearing" during a slide wouldn't be an inconsistency necessarily. You always have the hand gun. I'd have to look at it again. Third, no one has mentioned this yet, and I didn't notice it when I watched multiple times, so it can't be that bad of a problem. I also completely disagree with the idea that a game is less fun because of minor graphics things like this. Just use your imagination a little. Like I said, he always has the handgun, so maybe you could just say he tucks the other gun away when he slides? I don't know. It's not like a big glitchy sprite jumps onscreen and you can't even come to terms with it...

By the way, if you're suggesting that small graphics or play issues like this are a SNKP specific problem, then you're full of crap, no offense. You didn't say that specifically, just that SNKP has had some issues with that, and I'd agree, although I wouldn't agree that SNK was perfect! And yet, I love my Neo-Geo. I see it as nitpicking unless it's some glaring issues (SVC maybe? I never played it, but people thought it had glaring problems...)

What I was refering to is this:

1> ROTD - Won't work on some 1 slots and Home Consoles. Constant resets in vs mode... random graphical glitches. Proven to be a jumper issue that can be fixed.

2> Matrimelee - Won't work on some 1 slots, resets on some Home Consoles. Audio sample rate on the Internet Song is poor and scratchy. Lot's of sprite flicker on the stages (mostly at the top of the screen).

3> SvC - Horrible hit detection, bad bounding boxes. Some characters simply punch through opponents (Sagat).

These are a few off the top of my head. I really see the reseting and 1 slot incompaitbility disgusting. The sprite flicker and graphical glitches, like you said, are less of an issue. They shouldn't be there, but what can you do! The hit detection in SvC is 50/50... unless you are playing with the broken characters then it really doesn't hurt the game... but, I like Sagat :(

-Nick

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
When I played MS5 in the arcade, I distinctly remember sliding with the Shotgun. These bugs are probably just in the beta cart used for the videos.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Another bug.... This one has been there since MetalSlug 3 (and maybe even earlier) but is not easily visable and dosent become aparent unless you look for it.

Basically the player2 sides slug energy is linked to player 1's side instead of players 2. So in game if player 1 dies and player 2 is in a slug, player 2 will be invincible until player 1 has stopped flashing.

Why they havent spotted is beyond me.

Raz

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Razoola said:
Another bug.... This one has been there since MetalSlug 3 (and maybe even earlier) but is not easily visable and dosent become aparent unless you look for it.

Basically the player2 sides slug energy is linked to player 1's side instead of players 2. So in game if player 1 dies and player 2 is in a slug, player 2 will be invincible until player 1 has stopped flashing.

Why they havent spotted is beyond me.

Raz

WHAT? I've never known that glitch! lol...

Spike