My arcade got KOF2k3 :D

valenti

Mr. Big's Thug
Animation Town in Irving, Texas..if ya live near there then go there for KOF2k3 (on a 60 inch screen) :) !

Alright..I didn't have much time, but from what I seen and played..its definately a plus. LOTS of changes, which I like, cuz that makes me start over again and work my way through.

Yuri: Huge change..all the animations for her changed, her stance, her intro, her qcfhcb+k dm..ALOT. Her qcb+P is chargeable yes, but other than maybe higher damage which I'm not sure of, its still the same from 2k2 when she actually does it. Her air fireball is still there, qcf+k when you are in the air.

Iori: When you do his HCB+k, and the opponennt blocks, he will stop and won't finsh 2nd hit (where he takes you do the ground and explodes the opponent). His individual qcb+P's are smooth and slow.

Ryo: His qcf+K acts different..he seems to jump not as high. He also has his qcb+p..haven't really checked if you can run and do C, dm or something after the hit though.

Terry: Good stuff. I like how he really became MOTWed. His buster wolf looks alot better (the blast part), and when you block it he won't complete it. His close stand D is 2 hits.

K': His standing animation looks smoother. He has a new DM, where he does multiple DPs, kinda like Ken's.

Tizoc: The player who used him was pretty good. He's very well done, and his grab DM is really really smooth and cool. (the special effects look MOTW-like as well, which is cool).

Kim: His slide, then hop kick is slower and the hop is not as high looking. His d,u+K also seems slower, and there's some knockback when he does the finishing kick part.

About the new characters, they all look great. But I don't like the head sprite of Shen..doesn't look sculptured enough, you know what I mean? But its something that can be dealt with.

Now the sub-bosses and bosses..each sub-boss and boss basically has 3 life bars.

Kusanagi: Pretty similar to 2k2. The CPU didn't do much fancy stuff to notice any changes..

Chizuru and Maki: She looks smoother..the CPU LOVES to teleport lol. She also has new teleport attacks, one that acts like a slide attack, another that attacks high. I don't know, but I think I saw the CPU do a 5 hit by just doing the different teleport attacks alone!!

Mukai: This is one of the coolest looking bosses. I don't know Japanese (lots of text during the cut-scene), but it appears to be a stone summoned dude (Not exactly sure if he's really summoned..but he definately uses stone-related stuff). He has a DM where he flashes the whole screen..not only do you get hit, but you turn into stone (similar to iori's qcfx2+P, where you stay still for a certain amount of time), and he can continue attack. He can throw rocks, and call down stone pillars. I just like his animation intro..its COOL.

I'm sure there are multiple stage things..cuz after beating Mukai the game ended :( .. but during the ending scene there was a really nice drawing of Vice, Mature, Chris, Yashiro, and Shermie.

I didn't get to hear much of the sound (like all arcades), but the BGs..are AWESOME. Dunno why some didn't like it..but there are really well done, even on the 60 inch screen. So far I seen the Street stage, the Roof stage, the "Choi" stage (can't think of another name for it), the Aztec..and they all look great. I really like the Arabia stage as well, the objects are big and expansive. The Chizuru stage, very well done..the mirrors, the big gates and whatever KOF-related stuff are awesome. And the Mukai stage..I give it an A+.

Hops seem different..almost like a mix between MOTW and KOF..Iunno, the gravity seems heavier or something cuz they seem to jump short or they fall faster.

This game has LOTS of changes..so its definately something that players can learn and whatnot.

Last edited:

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Thanks for the awesome mini-review.

I was eagerly awaiting on some decent info on Mukai, I heard he's pretty cool.

Thanks again

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
from all accounts (everyone who has played it), it looks like there is no english translation...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!

I'm that excited about the game.

WHY WHY WHY isn't this in Houston?

<calls stargate>

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Just called the Stargate.

Talked to one of the employees at Lollicups (the smoothie bar that's also owned by the owner of the 'gate), he said ususally he knows what new releases they'll get but he's not too sure they'll get 2K3.

"King of Fighters... hmm that game isn't very popular..."

Chris needs to just buy KOF 98, and take out Puzzle de Pon in the converted cab and put 98 in there. Whenever I bring along my 98 and he puts it in the cab it gets played. But 2K2 gets played a bit too...

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
rebellion1 said:
everyone who has played it so far says all they are seeing is japanese text

Now THAT is something to boycott.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Cool, though all i care about is the graphics, sound, Terry and Robert.....

If that's all good, i'm sold :D

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Wow this is surprising. Perhaps, it wont be long before White Marsh has it. (They seem to be the only real arcade in Maryland that gets the new Neo Goods, these days).

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
60 inch screen? DAMN IT! DAMN IT TO HELL I am SOOOO jealous!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY can't my arcade in town be half as good as that? I would gladly drop 20 playing that game and beating asses in my arcade. Sigh, this sucks.

Anyone in Northern IL know of where I can play this?

Spike

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Kirk Foiden said:
Wow this is surprising. Perhaps, it wont be long before White Marsh has it. (They seem to be the only real arcade in Maryland that gets the new Neo Goods, these days).

Dude, I live in Perry Hall. Small world I guess.

I called Tilt earlier today. I was told that they don't have it yet but they will most likely be getting it soon since they just got rid of Matrimelee.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Talen said:
Actually, I'd much prefer a full Japanese mode to an "English" mode with no story like SS5. At least then I'll be able to see it and figure out the text. I guess we'll just see what happens.
valenti said:
)I'm sure there are multiple stage things..cuz after beating Mukai the game ended :( .. but during the ending scene there was a really nice drawing of Vice, Mature, Chris, Yashiro, and Shermie.
Is this a picture of dead people, or are these characters coming back (where are Vanessa and Ramon?)?

Even though it's not new, I like the idea of meeting different bosses/getting different endings depending on how well you do (SvC, FF3, RBS, RB2 etc.).

valenti

Mr. Big's Thug
Well after I beat Mukai, it had a cutscene of some pics and text..and included was a nice drawing of the orochi peoples/wannabes. It was a really good drawing..that's all I can say cuz I don't know japanese lol

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
JC10001 said:
Dude, I live in Perry Hall. Small world I guess.

I called Tilt earlier today. I was told that they don't have it yet but they will most likely be getting it soon since they just got rid of Matrimelee.

yea they got rid of matrimelee

and replaced it with soul calibur fucking 2.

me thinks they might get rid of MVC2 though, i never see anyone playing that one anymore.

God it is a small world, i always talk to people at the tilt in white marsh mall who are on the neo forums.

and i hate that kid with the red hair. Im nice as hell to him cause i know him and he always gives me this shit attitude. GRRRR

and i am not one of the juggalos there!!! lolz

Broker Of Evil

New Challenger
White Marsh is a boring place, 'cept for that Arcade. Though, this guy I was playin' in Tekken 4 lamed it up with Paul. Ruined my day.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Talen said:

Tell me about that. Looks like SNKP has gotten lazy with their translation shaft, and is giving English and Spanish speakers the shaft.

Damn I am in San Antonio right now.....I have a question to the people who played in irving is there an asian girl handing people their asses in 2k3? if not she soon will be....

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
FUCK. I go from bad to worse. Back in mississippi we either get it late as hell(like a year late) or not at all. Here in germany i don't think fighting game cabs even exist. :(

current status: S.O.L

OWN3D

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
rebellion1 said:
yea they got rid of matrimelee

and replaced it with soul calibur fucking 2.

me thinks they might get rid of MVC2 though, i never see anyone playing that one anymore.

God it is a small world, i always talk to people at the tilt in white marsh mall who are on the neo forums.

and i hate that kid with the red hair. Im nice as hell to him cause i know him and he always gives me this shit attitude. GRRRR

and i am not one of the juggalos there!!! lolz

Soul Calibur 2? You have got to be shitting me. The superior ports have been out here for 4 months. They don't actually plan on making a profit with that do they? What a waste.

I know who you are talking about. Almost all of the employees there are dicks for no apparent reason at all. They don't do anything all day long (so it seems) and when you ask them to do something for you like give change, or to refund credits when a machine eats your quarters they act all shitty. Yeah... How dare I ask them to do their fucking jobs?

I really hope they get KOF2003 though since its apparent that no one else in the state will.

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Broker Of Evil said:
White Marsh is a boring place, 'cept for that Arcade. Though, this guy I was playin' in Tekken 4 lamed it up with Paul. Ruined my day.

Just out of curiosity, when's the last time you've been to White Marsh? I noticed that you are from Ohio. That arcade has been around for like 10 years. In recent years the area has expanded tremendously. They've added tons more shops, restaurants, bars, and a movie theatre in the past 5 years or so. Let me put it this way, when I go there I always have something to do.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
You guys are all talking about you hope your arcade gets a KOF '03... I'd like my KOF '03 to get an arcade. It seems all the ones anywhere near me have long since vanished. The place where they had the loke test was pretty cool, but its a half hour drive without (the ever-present) traffic. The only cool local arcade I know about is at UCLA which has the wonderful $7 parking.

I forgot about Mitsuwa (formerly Yaohan) plaza downtown. I wonder if they have it yet... Any L.A. members seen it there yet?

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
one of the girls who works there is an aquantance of mine and she is ok.

but yea, someo fdem people just eat my ass.

lolz, i got the last laugh on that place when i WON a copy of soul calibur 2 out of that machine with the spinning wheel. Then i traded it in and got disgaea.

the one guy working there (not the red haired asshole) told me that the machine was rigged and only payed out every 200 bucks taken in at the 200 mark only. and i was lucky enough to play it and win.

heheheh

but yea, why the hell they have SC2 in there when everyone has already played it to death on the systems is just beyond me. They got that goddamn board in like a month ago and finally took down matrimelle to put it in.