Video Connections: we sell boots

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I just found out that the PB2 I have is a bootleg. I bought this for 120, and they say they don't sell boots, but here it is... a bootleg! So, in other words, don't go to www.videoconnect.com unless you want to get ripped off.

Sure the game works perfect, but I didn't spend that kind of money for a fake.

Spike

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
HURT PIECE I inspect every MVS cart immediatley after it comes through my door or try to get the seller to confirm which is pretty hard to do nowadays... Why?? I could'nt tell ya because their too easy to open.
I'm guessing you had this cart for quite awhile now...it's prolly worth 1/3 of what you paid but I've seen them sell for moe on eBay.
GOOD LUCK.
-BB

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I got a Panic Bomber that was a boot from them 3 or 4 years ago. That was the last time I bought from them. I bought many games previously from Video Connection that were legit MVS carts. I wouldn't ever buy again from these guys.

Last edited:

TacoFace

Rugal's Thug
I've been to their place before and talked to the owner , their're abunch of hill billys and they could care less if its a boot , they'll still sell it to you .

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Spike Spiegel said:
I just found out that the PB2 I have is a bootleg. I bought this for 120, and they say they don't sell boots, but here it is... a bootleg! So, in other words, don't go to www.videoconnect.com unless you want to get ripped off.

Spike

What's not to like about them? They have the deals of the century:

Rage of the dragons $225
Zupapa $150

:tickled:

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
Re: Re: Video Connections: we sell boots

T_Smallz said:
What's not to like about them? They have the deals of the century:

Rage of the dragons $225
Zupapa $150

:tickled:

Wow!!! Who could pass that up???

Spike Spiegel said:

Spike

Sorry to hear about that Spike.

Although I am satisfied with the Hyper Neo Geo 64 kits that I bought from them, I somehow suspected that they sold MVS boots since they are resellers. And to be honest, I do not think that they would spend the time to open each cart and verify if its a boot or not. They should but they don't.:(

Otherwise, the rest of the stuff that they sell is legit and at times expensive.

Charles

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
You mean they wouldn't make it right for you? WTF? I've bought carts from them for ages... and the one time I had a problem (Andro Dunos Cart) they took it back right away and refunded my money!!!

I called them and asked for Andro Dunos, I told them it was hard to find it original. They said they would open their copy and check... at this point knowing I would do so as well. She told me all was good and sent the game. Upon getting it, it was very easy for me to tell it was a bootleg. I called VC back and they apologized, they said they saw SNK on the boards and everything looked right, and to send it back for a refund or store credit.

Truth is, they don't really know, they buy games from different sources and usually resell to arcade ops, not collectors. The sad truth is, Neo Geo is profitable to bootleg. Most distros just don't know what is real and what is fake. I am sorry you got burned on this deal, but I don't understand why they wouldn't help you out unless you were a complete ass with them on the phone. They have been nothing, but helpful with me!

-Nick

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
So did you try calling them to get it resolved,

or was your first thought to go on the internet to bitch about it?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
So did you try calling them to get it resolved,

or was your first thought to go on the internet to bitch about it?

I had it for a while now... we're talking two months. It's far too late for them to do anything anyways. But, to say they don't sell them and do? Fuck that.

Spike

gemen

Mickey's Coach
Sorry to hear your story. I am so glad I didn't buy games from. I almost did, I talked to videoconnection on the phone, actually it was a lady, she seemed doesn't know anything about neo geo, and it took her 3 weeks to emailed me back the their game list. And I had bought games from other sellers.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
+++SLUG FLYER+++ said:
Hey spike, are you selling the game on then?

How much for?

Well, at first I wanted to sell it off because, the whole reason I bought it was for my GF. She HATES my cab, and so she won't play it...

So, I dropped the money for nothing. I decided to sell it, and at THAT time I found it was a boot. I may sell it, but for well under half what I paid, sadly.

If interested, drop a pm. For the price I may end up having to sell for, I might as well keep it. It works perfect and is a great game, after all.

Spike

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Spike Spiegel said:

Spike

Sorry to hear that Spike....That really sucks..

I'd bother them no matter what..or I'd find a way to make them lose money..
I hate getting ripped off..

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Sucks to hear. I got a new Last Blade kit from them back when they had those for a while, though it was legit. Later on they got some bootleg Super Dodge Ball kits, but they gave fair notice that the carts were bootlegs, though if I recall correctly, they did come with legit art sets.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I've dealt with Video Connection in the past...bought quite a number of kits and parts from them, all good stuff, including Neo-Geo carts. That however was about 3 years ago. The person I dealt with left the company because she had some differences with the owners (I guess) and when she left, so did my business dealings with them. Sorry to hear about your bootleg cart, Spike but the company is a different place from when I dealt with them.