NGH# 267: New MVS game, Pochi and Nyaa, has finally been released!(BIG photos inside)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Greetings everyone,
Just thought i'd let people know the NGH# of Pochi and Nyaa, courtasy of Vinh Trieu (ArcadeShock.com ). The game itself is clocked in at a measley 172 Megs, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't pack quite a punch. The game itself is quite fun, but impossibly difficult when set at level 8. If I had to give the game a direct comparison, I'd compare the game to Super Puzzle Fighter 2, except you get to choose when to detonate your combos. After you detonate a combo, it sends "intruders" to the oppenents side of the screen. This is similar to Dr. Mario, except the intruders aren't designated a certain color needed to eliminate them. I can't really see this game becoming a classic like Puzzle Bobble, but I do like it much more than Magical Drop. There are multiple different modes of play. 1 player story mode, in which you get to choose beginner or advanced (advanced is just beginner mode except you start off on level 3 with a 500,000 point bonus), 1 player vs CPU mode, in which there is a beginner mode, Expert mode, and survival mode (which you go against the clock). Then there is the 2 player versus mode, where you get to choose one of 7 different characters which all have unique attributes and one additional hidden character that I havn't unlocked yet. I'll give a more in-depth review once I get some thorough play time in. Congrats to all who preordered this title, you definitely won't be dissapointed.

pochi1

pochi2

pochi3

pochi4

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
What makes this an official NGH number? Didn't Playmore say they had nothing to do with it, and didn't care?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
What makes this an official NGH number? Didn't Playmore say they had nothing to do with it, and didn't care?

It still has to get a number, a lot of releases were published by 3rd parties and have numbers.

SSS

neo retired
lithy said:
It still has to get a number, a lot of releases were published by 3rd parties and have numbers.

Could be.

Res, does the game boot with the Neo Geo SNK startup sequence?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
For those who question, this is an official SNK MVS kit release. Anyways, heres more pics! :D

pochi5

pochi6

pochi7

pochi8

pochi9

pochi10

Last edited:

Freelancer

Banned
Damn. I really want this game now.
I hope Shawn or MDGamesales will find it in their hearts to stock a few copies for those of us who passed on the initial release.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Here's a nice huge Kit pic. Sorry to all you dial-up users out there.
pochikit

Last edited:

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
Thanks for all the pics it looks like Im going to be playing me some Pochi soon!:cool:

This Kit is sold out, anyone know the # of Kits that were sold?

I've got mine comming.:p :buttrock:

whitey

NEST Puppet
Robert Wallace said:
Thanks for all the pics it looks like Im going to be playing me some Pochi soon!:cool:

Arcade Shock reports that they sold out of the 17 kits ordered.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Robert Wallace said:

I believe ArcadeShock could only order 17. Of course, it's not like there's only 17 kits in the world, but for now, those are the only 17 that have an english label. Some Japanese website had a preorder for Japanese kits, but no picture was featured. They also were selling them at more than double the price of what ArcadeShock was charging.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
ResOGlas,

How did you get your kit so fast?

Did Vinh already ship them out?

I dont keep up on reading all the News and Rumors.;)

Regards,
R.W.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Another thing,
When any of you recieve your carts, can you please send some pics of your kits and post your serial numbers? Also, I'd love to see a pic of the gameboards themselves, but I can fully understand if you don't want to open up your sexy new carts. One more thing, please let me know if it says "POCHI&NYA V2.00" in the soft-dip menu, or if it says a higher version than 2.00. Thanks, and congrats on your purchases!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Robert Wallace said:
ResOGlas,

How did you get your kit so fast?

Did Vinh already ship them out?

I dont keep up on reading all the News and Rumors.;)

Regards,
R.W.
I drove up to Vinh's place and picked up my cart in person. He gave me the cart that they sent early for promotional reasons, i.e., the picture that was featured on the website.
(and dedicated in your sig ;))

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
it s not ^^, seldom heard a serious interviewer saying "teme~" (bastard) or "uruse~" (urusai, meaning you are loudy equivalent of shut up in english) to his guest :P

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Haha, it's nice to hear a lack of seriousness in Japanese culture now'adays.

By any chance did you get your hands on a copy of Pochi and Nyaa, BarfHappy?

Last edited:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
nope sadly... i want to play it but i have no friends with MVS and the cart, i don t have the money to buy it and this country sucks so much that it s verry unlikely that i will be able to play it in arcades... i wish i were still in japan T_T

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Another cool thing that I just realized about the game is the online ranking system. I mean, I already knew of it, but i've just come to find that it's password based. I find this really cool, as you can't lie and post a high score that you didn't really get.

Another note: Thanks to the strong interest in Pochi and Nyaa, my bandwith has been exceeded for the day. My guess is that the pictures should be back up around 12am PST, give or take.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
yeah~ online ranking for 20 english-version users ^^ that will fit easily on one page.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
BarfHappy said:
yeah~ online ranking for 20 english-version users ^^ that will fit easily on one page.

Heh heh...

I want this game. It looks to be about as close to Puyo Puyo 2 on the big NG as we're gonna get.

ATM I actually want this MORE than I want SVCC. And I REALLY REALLY want SVCC. Man... I love fighters... but I loooove a good puzzler...

Any idea if more will be made?