US and JAP insert for Samurai 5..choose the good one!

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Simone,

I wish the US Release had the JPN Insert picture. I definitely like the JPN insert alot better....but I am glad that SNKP is even giving us a US release...so I will be thankful for what I can get. Which insert artwork do you like better?

Phillip

edit for punctuation and spelling

Geshwinne DI

Super Sidekicks 2
Um, let me think......ENGLISH!!!!!! Although I'd still want the Japanese version......

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Geshwinne DI said:
Q: I need someone to tell me if there are any roms out of this game.-RPG Knight

A:Yeah, they're built right into the cart.-Flea Plus

Gamefaqs SS2 Board

Geshwinne,

I love that sig.

Phillip

Hmm...

The English insert has more on it, and I like the multi-grafitti border but I find that its almost too 'busy', and somewhat disgusting looking. And everything is in Engrish.

The Japanese insert is definately more tasteful but in japanese.

Not sure which one I prefer actually. I'm undecided!

bulletnyourass

noble trader
supergoose79 said:

Falk,

Haven't seen you around in awhile.....or maybe I should venture out of the selling forums more often :D . Good to see some of the original members still around. How have the current projects been going on the superguns and 2 slots? You always have some very nice and well made projects to show off. Anyway..good to see you on the boards.

Phillip

Geshwinne DI

Super Sidekicks 2
Thanx bullet, I should've nominated Flea Plus as Newbie of the Month......

That is the most God awful pic of Haoh too......I'll have to buy both games swap out the inserts, and sell the English one back to really be happy......and that's just too much work...

That cover may even make up for the non-translation....:shame:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Geshwinne DI said:
Thanx bullet, I should've nominated Flea Plus as Newbie of the Month......

That is the most God awful pic of Haoh too......I'll have to buy both games swap out the inserts, and sell the English one back to really be happy......and that's just too much work...

That cover may even make up for the non-translation....:shame:

If I had some better photoshop skillz I would take the JPN cover picture and replace the US Cover with it and use that for my own copy. Of course, I would keep the original US Insert.....in a poster tube or something similar to keep it in minty shape.

Phillip

What part of Louisiana are you in?. My parents live in a small city called Zachary

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Wow, Play-Asia has had this art up for months and I never thought it would end up being the japanese insert; I always assumed it was just filler material!

I'm surprised no one else noticed it...

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
I'll take the Japanese insert thank you. It captures a moment of mystery and intensity you don't often see in cover art.

Geshwinne DI

Super Sidekicks 2
Kenner, LA, bullet, it's in the Southeast of Louisiana.

Back to the Japanese insert; how can anyone seriously like it?? Now I'll be forced to buy an English version.....

*<Insert annoyed and angered EXPLETIVE into your imagination at this point, because it'll probably be close to what I would've said.>*

bulletnyourass

noble trader
I like the US Insert. I just dont like how pansied they made Haohmaru look on it. It looks like someone took a mini-marquee picture and photoshopped it onto that background. Although, I'm just glad to see a new release so I'm not going to be nit-picky over the difference.

Phillip

BIG

sony fanboy
US insert look pretty cool,but as always,they had to kill it with that annoying border.

The Jpn insert is a bit too plain for my taste,but atleast it's original and unaltered.

My vote is Jpn.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
U.S. by far

I think I'm tired of seeing Haohmaru on he cover.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
I like them both, but I'm getting the JPN one because all my other Shodowns are Japanese.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Tough choice, but I'd go with US, Haoh is indeed overused. If the JP cover had Tokugawa or Yumeji in the same type of pose, it would own.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
FTL said:

The jap version by far is the better of the 2 covers.

Its simple and gets the feel of what the game is about.The US one looks like it could be for anything,it reminds me of a dreamcast dating games sim cover.

Who cares if its in japanese anyway?IS there actually anyone who reads the blurb on a game case? I porefer to see great artwork rather than reading some "And now,many years later the struggle begins again..........." or any other contrived crap that is found on a US insert.

Geshwinne DI

Super Sidekicks 2
The artwork may be overused, but it beats that Haoh pic by miles.....

Someone NEW should be on the cover.....

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Geshwinne DI said:
The artwork may be overused, but it beats that Haoh pic by miles.....

Someone NEW should be on the cover.....

Good point.
The US insert is showing some new charas and the new blue eyed girl as well.
A winner,no comparison.

aria

Former Moderator
Bah, enough with you internationalist/communist/whatever-the-hecks!

Make mine the American Version.

That's right you tea-drinking frogs, unless they spell words all Englishified like "programme" and "theatre", it's AMERICAN.

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

flag.jpg

These inserts don't run!

insert-mid.jpg

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
FTL said:
Good point.
The US insert is showing some new charas and the new blue eyed girl as well.
A winner,no comparison.

Sorry, but regardless of the new characters on the insert, the Japanese insert blows this one away. Is it typical ---even obnoxious--- to use Haohmaru on yet another cover? Sure. But at least they didn't ruin [and I mean, absolutely destroy] the Japanese insert by slapping on one of the TACKIEST borders I've ever seen. Oh, what's that you say? Said pattern carries over to the spine? Oh, so a blind paraplegic designed this insert. I see.

Truly one of the most embarrassing, amateur, photoshop-made inserts I've ever seen in my entire life.

But who cares about inserts?
:loco:

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
I'm going with US simply because it displays a wider range of characters and has more detail...almost too much in fact. It's a bit busy.