Direct Feed KOF2k3 intro

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Holy crap. That was great. The sprites really do look bigger for some reason. Is it just me? The stages look great.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Waou... verry nice... now i do believe there might be extra some extra to the mvs board... that kind of intro sucks up gfx rom space a lot, more than 708 megs game (i.e. more than 8 c roms ? ^^) ? i d love so

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Wow. That video looks great. I just hope it turns out to have some substance.

Matt

Q

qube

Not sure what to think yet. Roster is so-so, but I have not disliked a KOF yet, so I am still remaining positive about this one. Intro looks great though!

No Terry footage in there, found that kind of strange...

Also looks like that tagging may take some real getting used to.

Q-

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Anybody out there with a translation of what it says in the start of the video?

It looks awesome. I really hope it gets a full MVS cart release, but if not I want to get the PCB board when the price goes down.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
thinking about gameplay...if it costs effectively 1 stock to swap kyara and nothing comes in bonus for that (regeneration 4 example) then it s useless since once your current fighter is beaten the next one pops up.
I ve not seen a 2 kyara SDM neither... just plain simple tag...what good then ? escape an unblocable attack coming too fast to jump ?

just my 1yen thoughts though (th th):help:

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
BarfHappy said:
thinking about gameplay...if it costs effectively 1 stock to swap kyara and nothing comes in bonus for that (regeneration 4 example) then it s useless since once your current fighter is beaten the next one pops up.
I ve not seen a 2 kyara SDM neither... just plain simple tag...what good then ? escape an unblocable attack coming too fast to jump ?

just my 1yen thoughts though (th th):help:

Swapping is free. Swapping with the 2nd char coming in with an attack is 1 stock.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Cheers for posting the vid!
As for my impressions, hmmmm. Well, I like the reference to the first KoF in the intro (the spinning envelope), thought that was kinda cute. The rest of the intro was pretty much par-for-the-course for a KoF intro. I couldnt say wether it was any better than previous ones or not, but its certainly no worse.

Only thing that bugs me is the music. It still sounds like ass.
Seriously, havent Noise Factory shown everyone how to do Neo-Geo music properly by now? Unfortunately we still get very monotonous tunes with flat-sounding gitaurs. I can only look back at the KoF'96 musical score and sigh.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Comparing the intro to MOTW and SVC the intro looks totally MVS and is very typical KOF style with sliding images introducing characters.

This is definately MVS if they moved to new hardware they would have at least made it look like they had changed hardware!

Remember this is the board that did MOTW, and MOTW is pure quality!

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
So how many people are still complaining Ash is a fag now? :rolleyes:

Why was everyone saying the gameplay looked fast? That was pretty damned normal to me.

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
COOOOOOLLLL!!!!!

Let's home this turns out better than the crap 2002 ended up being...ugh...don't wnat to touch that shit now...

Yamazaki looks different! Was he changed? I hope so.

Those three new characters look cool...I haven't played Garou...but Tizoc and Gato look cool so far...

Well, at least they altered it radically for a change...

Underdog

Camel Slug
Wow. I think between this and Metal Slug 5, Playmore has got it together. Here's hoping it's as good as it looks in videos.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Wow.

Wow man.

1. That intro started off lackluster...but the animation totally blew me away near the end!

2. The music...great tunes man. Catchy as fuck. ESPECIALLY DURING THE FIGHT FOOTAGE.

3. What was that stage we've never seen before? Looked like night-time near some palmtrees under a full moon? WELCOME TO HEAVEN----THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING.

4. Can you imagine the next SVC with whatever improvements to the MVSBoard being used?! :eek:

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Intro is nice, and the backdrops look very good. I'm glad to see Terry is completely new (still five years too late), Gato and Griffon are ripped and slightly recolored from Garou, the rest of the sprites are all carry over (even Athena).

Still not enough new or special here to get me real excited for it.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
btw... intro text:
The king of fighters 2003 is beeing held.
the yearly standard fighting way is 3 fighters in 1 set
however the present meeting sets new rules
thus looking forward your expectations
we are waiting for everyone's participation

Last edited:

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Hell ya that video rocks the house.. and i really dig the music.. not to ask my arcade if they are getting the game.. will go nice next to the SVC they have.:D

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Sexiest. Intro. Ever.

I must have replayed it at least 10 times before I reached sexual climax. And did I see a tag into a grapple? Looks like this tag feature is going to be very good after all!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Did anyone else notice the additional colors used in the intro? The envelop in the beginning had more shading than anything I have ever seen on the system. Again, it may just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but everything looks smoother (even the intro animation was unbelievable).

It looks like SNK-P is using something different to enhance their games but what? It can't be a new MVS board -- it would make the home cart system obsolete (I would also imagine that porting from MVS to NGH would be impossible if this were true). Hmmmmm.... this really has me perplexed.

Last edited:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
well compression hides dithering, but yes it looks cool...
more than 30 fighters and they make such intro (better than svc)
if it s only 708megs then it s full full full ^^

[edit: or... endings are just 1 postcard-size picture and that s all]

Last edited: