KOF2003 new hardware

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
I smell bullshit.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Its a website made and ran by some former Neo-0 posters that came out when IGN started charging for their service. It used to be a site purely for spite of IGN, but it actually became a pretty cool place to get news and post with a decently active userbase. I really like the layout too.

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Fygee said:
Its a website made and ran by some former Neo-0 posters that came out when IGN started charging for their service. It used to be a site purely for spite of IGN, but it actually became a pretty cool place to get news and post with a decently active userbase. I really like the layout too.

Oh this is the place that is full of rommies eh? :lol: :tickled:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Well, yes and no. P-IGN keeps up with rom releases but they're not hosted there, and threads about them are well regulated.

So no, its not just a giant rom pit if that's what you're insinuating. The site isn't just about Neo-Geo stuff either, but all types of gaming.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
I think he's full of it. I saw the vids and it looks nothing like anything the Neo can't handle imo.

Last edited:

tbogard99

New Challenger
Considering SNKP announced a March 11th release date for KOF03 on AES I would not put much stock in this "new hardware" report. They probably saw the jamma board of it and assumed it must be new hardware since it was not a cart. Message poster on Phuck IGN = Moron

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
P-IGN hasn't claimed it to be true, it was just posted in the news submissions forum by a member, much like anyone else here does in news and rumors.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I hear there's "new technology" behind the pcb, but I wonder what? New encryption? I know it's still coming to AES, so I don't know what to make of all of this.

Again, is this JAMMA? I hear it's MVS kit, but not cart. Can I use this in my cab?

Spike

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
yeah, the new hardware makes teh srpites in hi-rezz55ss

Adds polygons with 60fps

And it has bit-mapping

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Right, the game is so complex the hardware it uses is larger than a naomi, system 246, or atomiswave. :rolleyes: Besides, adding all those layers of pcbs would make it insanely expensive to produce.

Any new technology in this is just a new means of encryption. That game does nothing the mvs can't handle.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Originally posted by some idiot somewhere else
He was right, the thing was a monster. About the size of 6 or 9 SvC Chaos arcade boards.

So in other words this thing comes with it's own extra large cab to fit the board in?

Goddamn people go through the trouble of making shit up and do it at such a point that it is apparent that it's fake.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I heard SVC has a new chip!!! ;)

Setsuna1982

World Her,
in fact SVC PCB board have new chips. But at the end it's the same hardware

Last edited:

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Way to insult everyone here dragonwillow, that'll get you respect and people believing you. And 6 to 9 SVC boards? RIIIIIGHT. SVC boards were the size of two MVS carts put label to label. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say 6. Want to see how big 6 SVC boards is put together?
stupid.jpg

The cd is there to give you an idea of size. SNKP makes games, not coffee tables. These things have to fit in small sit down cabs in japan, think about it. Unless it's 3 boards stacked atop one another I count that to be bullshit. The board may be a bit bigger than SVC but not 6 times bigger.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
dragonwillow said:
Damn you guys are stubborn :rolleyes:

King of Fighters 2003 = New hardware
Post #1 (#53232) | posted Today at 07:27 AM

Been with Neo-0 since KOF2K through thick and thin.

P-Groove
Posts 108
Rank Lurker
Usergroup Lurkers
IP Logged
Style

Yes, that's right, you heard me. Finally after years of SNKs "trusty" MVS hardware they have changed their ways, they have finally used new hardware. It does also really show in the new KOF addition. According to Trieu (good friend of mine) he said,

"Yeah SNK used new hardware, you should have seen the board, it's huge!!!"

He was right, the thing was a monster. About the size of 6 or 9 SvC Chaos arcade boards.

What I'm trying to say in the end is to all of you that are waiting for this game to get emulated you're gonna have to wait a long while. Sorry to burst your bubbles. Thanx.

-See Ya!!!

P.S.: Remember where you got this info first.

Right... so what about the home cart release SNK-P said was due in March? lol This is too funny if you ask me.

I'm sure they're using something, but new MVS hardware? I don’t think so -- not if they're releasing a Neo-Geo home cart version of the same title.

P.S. I find it hard to believe that Trieu would tell you and not anyone else. What’s more, why didn’t he make mention of it on his website / message board? If you ask me, you're just placing Trieu's reputation on the spot by even mentioning his name (especially if your report is a fabrication). I think Trieu should publicly confirm or deny this 'report' before it gets out of hand.

Last edited:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Well, in a thread on S-C where I asked him, Trieu said there's gotta be new hardware in there....but I dont know if thats just speculation or confirmation disguised as supposition.

Regardless, I'm sure its in the form of a new chip. Super FX maybe?

:loco:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Setsuna1982 said:
Owned

Now imagine the size of the cab containing such a board :lol:

Can you imagine cramming something of that size into your game room? I'd have to dispose of my entertainment center just to make the damn thing fit!