SVC Chaos MVS preorders: What's up?

Flashmaster_Jahoon

Crazed MVS Addict
When is it going to be shipped? I preordered it a while back. I was looking at the neo store just now and he has 3 of them for sale so i just wanted to know what's the deal. Anybody know when those people who preordered will get it.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Unless you ordered the JAMMA board, it isn't in stock. Those 3 are the PCB.

-Nick

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
When Shawn and Trieu know, you will know. We're all eagerly awaiting our carts.

Shawn

snkusa.com
I recently received an update from SNK NEOGEO USA. The cartridge version release of SVC Chaos has been postponed again. Only a tentative release date of December or January 2004 was provided.

If anyone who preordered from the NeoStore is tired of waiting for this release, feel free to cash in for a full refund or redeem store credit for other item(s) currently listed on the NeoStore.

Some good new for you though. Many people were expecting a postponement for the SSV release, but apparently a slightly earlier release is possible. The Samurai Shodown V (Samurai Spirits Zero) home cartridge shipment is scheduled to leave Osaka, Japan on Monday or Tuesday of this week. Although I haven’t changed the release date published on the NeoStore, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Wednesday or Thursday release, but Friday would be the latest.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
as long as they haven't changed their minds and decided not to release the mvs cart, i'm hanging on to my preorder. i hate that it's been almost 4 months since i could have originally had the game, but such is life.

shawn, i assume they know how many preorders you generated. does this in any way obligate them to produce said carts?

Shawn

snkusa.com
This is not the same as the home cartridge releases. SNK Playmore could very well change their mind with releasing SVC Chaos on MVS cartridge. I would imagine they would prefer to focus on hot new releases such as MS5 MVS, and the upcoming KoF 2003, than on SVC Chaos, which was released earlier this summer (July).

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i take that as a no :crying:

well, i trust you'll keep us informed either way as soon as you know something.

thanks.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Here's something Trieu posted over at S-C.com when this very question was asked in his forums:

"I will confirm SVC MVS tomorrow. If we're not getting it, I'm refunding everyone so they can spend their money on other stuff for Christmas. Trust me, I'm pissed. "

It's not looking good folks...

Change the topic to reflect this new info if you want Flashmaster. I didn't want to make a whole new thread for it

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
/me starts looking at neo store for something to put that credit towards :very_ang: :oh_no: :crying:

do you have a link to that thread btw?

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well that sucks, I mean in the back of my mind I kind of saw it happening, but... yeah, it still sucks. Guess the chances of a KOF03 cart are about nil now too... Ah well... DRM may be my last Neo purchase.

-Nick

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
kafuin_gaira said:
/me starts looking at neo store for something to put that credit towards :very_ang: :oh_no: :crying:

do you have a link to that thread btw?

Link to thread

I am not that shocked, in fact just a few days ago I was asking around on opinions on if I should cash it in or not.

Either way I guess this gets me SSV all the sooner. Might even pick up KOF02 while I am at it.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I will gladly pay money for a legit SVC MVS cart. Playmore, don't make me resort to buying an inferior port or boot :mad:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
This really sucks... I still hope it gets released, but I don't know why it gets delayed all the time...

I'm just wondering where are all those people who said Trieu=True when he confirmed a November release... Too bad he wasn't right about the date, but as long as it finally gets released I'm happy. Anyway I would need its price to drop to the 100$ mark to actually buy it.

If somebody needs the game NOW get the AES, the MVS PSCB, or the upcoming port, but for God's sake, don't buy a fucking bootleg (just play TEH ROMZ instead til its official release).

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Here's an email I got from Trieu reguarding the situation:

"I was supposed to get word from SNK today, but they didn't contact me. I will put in a call tomorrow for sure and advise everyone of the situation. "

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
I gave this some thought over the last three weeks, and personally I don't think there was EVER going to be an MVS cart release of SNK vs Capcom Chaos. That's not to say that Shawn or any other seller was trying to pull a scam, not at all.

My pre-order was refunded very quickly as soon as I'd asked. So props to the Neostore for that. There were no questions asked, no suggestion of store credit, just money back in my paypal account.

But personally, I think SNKP started this whole issue of a cartridge release simply to stop sales of the bootleg MVS cartridge. And in a way, they succeeded. I was in contact with one of the bootleggers before the release was announced, intent on purchasing the MVS cart of SVC Chaos Plus.

When the announcement of a legit release was made, I bought in at the Neostore... I got e-mails almost every three hours from a bootlegger dropping the price of SVCC Plus, a total of $130 price drop in like six hours. I should have bought in, but I didn't. I wanted the legit game...

Then the delays came, then the doubt came.

I dropped about $10 into an SVC machine in Florence, Kentucky. Looks like that's all the support SNKP is getting from me on this game. I like it, so it's a shame. Thankfully, I've got it working on the big green X, else I'd not be able to enjoy this at home.

(I'm aware of the home cart release, I don't care for home cart games or systems, I've owned them)

slerch666

updyke,
matrimelee said:
I gave this some thought over the last three weeks, and personally I don't think there was EVER going to be an MVS cart release of SNK vs Capcom Chaos. That's not to say that Shawn or any other seller was trying to pull a scam, not at all.

My pre-order was refunded very quickly as soon as I'd asked. So props to the Neostore for that. There were no questions asked, no suggestion of store credit, just money back in my paypal account.

But personally, I think SNKP started this whole issue of a cartridge release simply to stop sales of the bootleg MVS cartridge. And in a way, they succeeded. I was in contact with one of the bootleggers before the release was announced, intent on purchasing the MVS cart of SVC Chaos Plus.

When the announcement of a legit release was made, I bought in at the Neostore... I got e-mails almost every three hours from a bootlegger dropping the price of SVCC Plus, a total of $130 price drop in like six hours. I should have bought in, but I didn't. I wanted the legit game...

I dropped about $10 into an SVC machine in Florence, Kentucky. Looks like that's all the support SNKP is getting from me on this game. I like it, so it's a shame. Thankfully, I've got it working on the big green X, else I'd not be able to enjoy this at home.

(I'm aware of the home cart release, I don't care for home cart games or systems, I've owned them)

Here is the blurb on the front page of http://www.neo-geo.com :

As for the MVS cartridge release of SVC Chaos, SNK NEOGEO USA says it's still coming and that release could be sometime in December/January. For now, SVC Chaos AES remains the only available cartridge format for this title.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
I've been out of the loop on all things NG. I could care less about SVC seeing as I don't really like it, but KOF 2003 not getting an MVS release?

WHAT THE FUCK.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I still hope it sees a release... I hope we actually do get it, but I am being realistic. I know Shawn and Trieu are livid about this, it makes them look bad... Playmore needs to deliver. However, it is getting less and less likely. Anyway, if it came out, it better be a hell of a lot cheaper than $175 anyway ;(

-Nick

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
matrimelee said:

You should have bought the bootleg, just to spite SNKP if anything else. At least you have teh r0mZ though.:rolleyes:

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
nruva said:
I still hope it sees a release... I hope we actually do get it, but I am being realistic. I know Shawn and Trieu are livid about this, it makes them look bad... Playmore needs to deliver. However, it is getting less and less likely. Anyway, if it came out, it better be a hell of a lot cheaper than $175 anyway ;(

-Nick

SNKP says it's still coming. I'm sure we'll see it, but it will definately be a limited run as late as we'll see it. Unfortunately, I wouldn't get my hopes up on it being lower than $175...

That may be too bad if you MVS guys don't get a cart release for this. However, keep in mind SNKP owes nothing to people who have consolized MVS' or Cabs in their own homes...absolutely nothing. MVS was never intended for that purpose, and it still isn't, as you can tell by the high prices of new releases. It's still for arcade operators and always will be. I don't understand this 'I'm gonna get the boot because they didn't release it on MVS cartridge' from people who aren't arcade proprietors. As if Playmore owes you guys something.

I know there's a shitload of home MVS owners here, but I don't think Playmore knows to what extent the market is for it here. Sales figures for the AES carts in Japan are so high, they might still be of the impression that this is the way of choice for the Home market. Which is a good reason why SNKP doesn't care about what you guys think about the switch to Jamma pcbs.

That would be cool though if they threw the home MVS crowd a bone with a cart at this late stage...and yeah it should be real cheap. It doesn't look good though. I don't see them making any more money on this product, with KoF, MS5 and SSV out now. SvC has been out for a long ass time now in the arcades. Something to think about.

slerch666

updyke,
Quoted again from the main page:

As for the MVS cartridge release of SVC Chaos, SNK NEOGEO USA says it's still coming and that release could be sometime in December/January. For now, SVC Chaos AES remains the only available cartridge format for this title.

They say it's coming. If it doesn't come out by the end of January though, I'll say it's not coming.

CrdfightrsClash

Kuroko's Training Dummy
That sucks, I haven't gotten my MVS cab yet but I was really looking forward to SVC:Chaos. Can an MVS Cab still play the JAMMA version that's out right now??

~cFc

slerch666

updyke,
CrdfightrsClash said:
That sucks, I haven't gotten my MVS cab yet but I was really looking forward to SVC:Chaos. Can an MVS Cab still play the JAMMA version that's out right now??

~cFc
Yeah. MVS is something like 97% JAMMA. I doubt SvC is pure JAMMA, it's probably pure MVS, meaning you'll get the stereo sound and so on if your cab is wired for it.

You should be fine to buy the JAMMA version if you so desire.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
The boards are still MVS, they have the exact same pinout with the exception of the test button and maybe one or two other things. I forget, but it played in my candy cab that's wired for MVS perfectly, played in stereo, no issues whatsoever.