Samurai Shodown 0 for PS2: Confirmed!

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Port haters, stay away from this thread :D
From Polygonmag:

"SNK Playmore has confirmed that their latest fighting game entitled "Samurai Spirits Zero" will be translated on PlayStation 2. Originally released in Japanese arcades earlier this fall, the game runs on the classic NeoGeo architecture. According to SNK Playmore representatives, several bonus features are being planned for the PlayStation 2 version including a gallery mode. However, a definitive release date for "Samurai Spirits Zero" on PlayStation 2 remains undisclosed. Expect more details to emerge in the coming weeks here at Polygon Magazine."

Great news :buttrock:

Last edited:

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
"translated"

guess we know where their priorities are now.

PSmothafuckin2! woot

now to make sure its got all the blood...

Machin Shin

Cheng's Errand Boy
Bonus features, smonus features!:rolleyes:
I want the singleplayer storymode translated if it comes stateside, dammit!

Oh, extra characters wun hurt either, as long as it's not Zankuro and Amakusa.:annoyed:

bishounen

Marked Wolf
Yes, this is great news! Hopefully this'll create more SNK fans. I'm definately gonna preorder this, i want to support SNKP.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I just hope there's an english story mode....

[OCEAN]

Black Noah

Another Striker
Yes Yes Yes. Now I don't have to worry about $300+ for a freakin cart. I love SNK, but damn, that's a lotta bread.

Way to go, SNKPlaymore! Keep bringing the games home...that means more SNK-P fans, mo' money, mo'games! :D Next stop - KOF2k3 PS2 (hopefully)

*waits for someone to chime in with something along the lines of "inferior port"* :rolleyes:

Mikoto

n00b
The only thing that I'm really and I mean really hoping is the English storyline translation.

Anything else that will be added on the PS2 version works for me.

kshira

Crazed MVS Addict
Please let there be a translation of the story mode not in the original...

Why they didn't have it to begin with is beyond me. I love Engrish!!!;)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm hoping for an English translated story mode, but it's probably doubtful. Here's to hoping, though..

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
This port will only get a english story mode IF - and only IF - it will have an american release.

I really doubt that they will release it in US. But t's just a guess...

Last edited:

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
buttasuperb said:
INFERIOR PORT :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

EXTRA $250 bucks to spend on holland tunnel handjobs!

raHAHAHAH

i don't see why it wouldn't be released in the US, Snk is all about gettin their shit over here.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, only time can tell if this port will be released in the states, but it seems likely it will. With this kind of hardware though I don't think this game will suffer any frame loss like the last couple games that were ported to PS1.

My biggest concerns are getting Cham Cham in there and getting a properly translated story mode.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Yep, of course we know that EBgames talked about
a SS5 port some week ago... but this is official news
from SNKP ;)

Nakoruru

Zero's Tailor
I think that future releases in the US such as SS V (zero..whatever) will depend on how sales go for releases such as the KOF 2000/2001 double pack. Needless to say ill be picking up KOF on its release and am praying that Shodown makes it stateside as well. SS V is probably my most anticipated neo title in a long time.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Who really cares?
it's not going to be the best seller anyway.

Jinn

n00b
I work at an EB on long Island. You have no idea what i did when i looked through the comp, and saw the this there i told the manager to fix the mistake...lol...little did i know....no mistake made!!:buttrock:

SEGA_X

Ninja Combat Warrior
finally a reason for me to buy a PS2
along with Metal Slug 3 and SVC chaos

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
xtoo_short20x said:
Who really cares?
it's not going to be the best seller anyway.

i think alot of people care. I think that everyone who wants to play this game in english care, i think that people who own a ps2 and want to play this game for the price of a standard game care.

Why you can't stomach the fact that most people love snk games, but don't love spending over $300 a game, is beyond me.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
rebellion1 said:
i think alot of people care. I think that everyone who wants to play this game in english care, i think that people who own a ps2 and want to play this game for the price of a standard game care.

Why you can't stomach the fact that most people love snk games, but don't love spending over $300 a game, is beyond me.

I don't care if I spend $300 and you spend $50 on a game,
it's my hobby, my money, my business, etc..
You're just bitter because you're getting an 'alternative inferior
port' :glee: