WHY is NEO GEO s-video color bad on my widescreen TV

endgamer

Another Striker
Anyone here can inform me please do.

I have a Panasonic TAU progressive scan 34" widescreen tube tv.

NEO GEO AES home system modified for s-video output, great on my other two sets but when it comes to this one the color is way off.

I just got a consolized 2 slot with the JROK s-video and I was hoping this would present awesome s-video on my Panasonic widescreen but I get the same way off color. Hues are just bad.

Composite seems fine but I'm wondering why the s-video does this on my NEO's on this widescreen set.

Any ideas anyone.

Thanks in advance.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
It would be interesting to hear from Kenny Boy about this as reading his post here it would seem that TV is the best thing since sliced bread...:rolleyes:

endgamer

Another Striker
Where is this Kenny boy.

Far as other connections go everything else is AWESOME component, progressive scan, on both dvds and all the other systems I have especially the current systems but not with the 'ole NEO GEO.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
What's the serial # of your modified Neo?

I can't be happier with my set (what's your model # of your TV?)

The image is flawless. It looks like a picture on the wall.

Kpj

Shaggyneo

n00b
I had the same problem with my aes on my t.v. I have a 47" widescreen panasonic HDTV. It would look great on everything except the neo. I went to Radio Shack and picked up an amplifier for s-video signals for 19.99 and it took care of the problem. My neo looks just as vibrant as any other machine using it.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Kenny Boy said:

I can't be happier with my set (what's your model # of your TV?)

The image is flawless. It looks like a picture on the wall.

Kpj

Man, PLEASE make your sig smaller. It takes up practically my entire screen and makes the page side scroll :help: .

NEOFREAK9189

Sakura's Bank Manager
20 Year Member
Shaggyneo said:
I had the same problem with my aes on my t.v. I have a 47" widescreen panasonic HDTV. It would look great on everything except the neo. I went to Radio Shack and picked up an amplifier for s-video signals for 19.99 and it took care of the problem. My neo looks just as vibrant as any other machine using it.

me 2 I have HDTV

SHO

Raiden's Valet
hmmm i have a panasonic tv

when i have to use S video i have to press this button on the remote (funny enough) called "S-Video"

if i don't press this the picture is fine. but the colour is way out.

so i dont know.... may be you have to set your tv?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Kenny Boy said:

I'd like to know, my modded system is like 19,000 something and it looks great on my big screen. The only problem was the red was a little bright, but after I adjusted a bit of adjustment, it looks beautiful.

A lot better than when I was using composite.

endgamer

Another Striker
To Kenny Boy. The serial number of my AES NEO GEO home system is 90A 067248.

To Shaggyneo, thank you very much for the advice. I picked up one of those s-video amplifiers and my Neos look great now on my widescreen set. One of question of you where did you find out they had such a thing. I never thought of it but I'm glad they sell them.

Shaggyneo

n00b
I'm glad to hear it worked for you also. I saw it when I was shopping for other parts and figured I would give it a try. Probably the best 20.00 I ever spent at Radio Shack.:glee: